TO: amethystcat - BxG

VIXX ST✰RLIGHT Secret Santa 2017 // 10.03 UPDATE

Title: Le Language de Fleursand

Pairing: Y/N x Jung Taekwoon/Leo

Number of Words: 4,615

Genre: Romance

Note to My Giftee: Hi there! This is an interesting one since I have some different takes on how to do this but in the end here it is! I hope you like it.
 



Le Language de Fleursand


Canal blue linen covered tables.

Silverware paired with beautiful chinaware.

Hydrangea arranged with forget-me-not placed as a centerpiece per table.

The wedding was to be held outside the groom’s summer house located in the countryside. Three pairs of arches covered with vines erected in the direction towards the garden’s pergola. White lilac and jasmine were placed within the secluded venue, complementing the magnolia sheath long gowns of the bridesmaids. Staff were all busy preparing for the unforeseen wedding of the year that was bound to happen in a few hours. Parents of both parties were chatting by the bar; enjoying each of their companies. It was finally going to happen, were all in their minds.

Girls were walking in and out of the bride’s room unlike the best men of the groom who were chilling by the foyer where the groom decided to stay in for a while.

It was wedding time. Everyone was already in place. The person checking if everything were in place was none other than one of the groom’s friend, Cha Hakyeon. He carried a checkboard, carefully examining and looking into every fine details that need to be addressed in today’s wedding.

“Okay, places everyone!” Hakyeon called out everyone’s attention.

He strode towards the cellist and glanced at the altar. Everyone was there except the groom. “Where—“

One of the bridesmaids came in out of nowhere running the aisle, frantic. She hurried to Hakyeon’s side and whispered loudly, “The bride’s missing.”

“What the hell—“


[10 MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING…]


         Within the busy and crowded street of the city, there exists a lane dedicated to almost everything that people deem ‘old’. It’s a place where it seems to be that time has stopped. Its name was ‘Memory Lane’, befitting for the beautiful throwback scenery of the street; from vinyl record stores, classic theatre, to a rundown clothes store—everything can be found here.

In one of the stores located in Memory Lane, there was a small and humble antique bookstore. Currently owned by a quite eccentric young woman. She had her hair sported to a bob cut, her clothes obviously influenced by the character Mathilda Lando, and her personality though was unlike her grunge appearance. She was an eloquent, graceful and timid person. All thanks to her family background as the sole daughter of two powerful people. The man who has the book industry wrapped under his bestselling books and the woman who is the famous editor-in-chief of a renowned publication company.

She grew up in a strict environment; always following the rules done by her parents’ fame. She didn’t say anything. If she did, she won’t be able to hear the end of it. She wasn’t able to do things that she wanted. She had her hair long, her clothes similar to a Holly Golightly but rather on a modern take. She was the typical goody two shoes girl and she acted the part greatly. Only, that wasn’t really her.

“We’re so proud of our daughter.”

“Y/N is great.”

By the time she reached the age of 20, she asked to live on her own. Surprisingly, they let her do so. But on one condition. She is not to run away and they are able to visit her. It was simple as that. And so she complied. Who knew that it would fire back at her one day?

The moment she knew she was finally alone. She cut her long hair and dressed the way she liked. She was able to do what she loves best. Painting.

She worked as a clerk in the bookstore. She lived upstairs; a small apartment but it was enough for her. She had enough of the luxurious life already.

Five years.

Y/N had five years without any bother from her parents. Honestly, she was happy since she was able to do things on her own. She had met different people from different walks of life and she made friends to some of them. She learned that she actually prefer to do walks at night than going out to meet with people in the middle of the day. She learned that she actually loves Japanese food and not those posh food her parents made her eat.

But of course, there were things that her parents made her do things still.


Another three years came in.

She found someone to be with. They met through a friend. She was attending a party for the opening of a gallery. He was the typical first love. Charming, sweet, and handsome. Only, he was already with someone else. And he didn’t bother telling her. She thought that he was the one. She thought it was finally time to shut her parents bothering her about marriage.

But she found out about it late.

On her birthday. On their second anniversary. It was also their anniversary. First wedding anniversary.

That was her first heart ache. It was a chaotic time for her. She couldn’t do anything at all.

 


One time she ended up at a bar, drinking herself to numbness. “Another one please!” Y/N smiled giddily at the barista.

“Same here please.”

Y/N turned and saw the person next to him. He looked like they were near in terms of age. He wore a suit. His cheeks were red, probably drunk as she was, and was looking disappointed.

“Are you having a rough day too?” Y/N asked, her words slurred.

The guy glanced her way and chuckled in disbelief. “What about I tell you no? Of course I am!” He muttered. “I mean look at me. I look great! I’m rich, I have a great job at the firm, I have great physique. But who did she cheat me with? THAT GUY.” He shouted, pointing at the barista.

Y/N laughed. “Oh my god! At least yours is not married yet.” She finished her glass of beer in one sip and roughly landed it on the bar like a pro.

“What?! Yours is married? That scum.” He yapped. “That guy is definitely not worth your time! My girlfriend is not even worth my time! She chose the lame one in the rival firm.”

“I broke up with him because I don’t want to destroy someone else’s marriage.”

The guy sighed and leaned next to Y/N. “Hey. Do you want to eat some burgers?”

“And drown ourselves in misery while we eat fries as well? I’m in.” Y/N grinned, standing up from her bar stool and reached out her hand to him. “Shall we?”

Without a doubt, he took her hand. They ran out of the bar and walked around spontaneously, searching for a burger joint. They held hands running around the street, laughing and screaming the names of those that broke their hearts. They marched inside a burger house and ordered the biggest one in the menu.

“This is for all those losers that broke our hearts.” Y/N took a large bite on the burger.

He laughed, wiping the mustard on Y/N’s cheek. He took the burger from her and managed to bite an even larger bite. “That’s one good burger…Can I ask you something?”

“What is it, man in a black suit?”

“I know that this is going to be a one night thing.” He said, taking another bite. “So can we just stick with nicknames for the entire night?”

Y/N smiled, amused by his sudden idea of secrecy. She nodded and asked what names they were to take for the night. He pointed at him and said, “I’ll be Leo. How about you be—“

“Zinnia!” Y/N raised her arm furiously. “Like the flower!”

Leo chuckled and told her to calm down. Once they established their names for the night, they continued eating the burger. Casually asking for superficial questions like what were their hobbies, likes and dislikes, and what brought them to that very bar where they met.

“Hey Zinnia, after eating this burger. Where do you want to go next?” Leo asked, sipping on the cola. Y/N squinted her eyes, wondering where they will head to next. Once a place came into mind, she grinned.

“Finish that burger and I’ll take you somewhere you’ll definitely enjoy.”

It wasn’t long when they finished the burger and walked out of the burger house. Y/N grabbed hold of Leo’s hand and led him to a bus stop. Not long enough, they were already out of the busy streets and on to an abandoned house. They entered noisily and climbed to the rooftop.

And it was the greatest scenery Leo had ever seen.

A hidden flower garden in the rooftop. And in the background, was the beautiful city lights.

“How did you find this?” Leo asked, astonished with the view right in his very eyes.

Y/N walked pass Leo and spun around, “Well, did I tell you that I left home for my own sake? I used to live here and my spare time was gardening. Then I had to move but it didn’t stop me from coming back here.”

“You really love flowers don’t you?”

Y/N nodded, running her fingers on one of the roses near her. “I love that they mean something. Each and every flower has a meaning. I want my life to somewhat have a defining meaning much like them.”

Leo slowly approached Y/N. He took her hands and guided it to be placed on his shoulders. She laughed and teased, “Just because you’re wearing a suit and we’re still a bit drunk doesn’t mean that you can swoon me that easily.”

“I’m not.” Leo beamed. He asked if he could rest his hands on her waist and she simply nodded to it. “I’m just happy. Like really happy. Drunk happy but happy.”

Y/N stared into his eyes, wondering. “You know, I’ve never been this happy.”

“Me too.”

[5 MONTHS BEFORE THE WEDDING...]

“Y/N, can you please throw this in the trash? Thank you.” The owner of the bookstore handed her a box of already useless items. She quickly went out of the store and gently threw it on the dumpster behind the establishment.

She ran back to the store and manned the cashier while the owner left for lunch. It wasn’t long when she heard the bell rang, signaling that a customer arrived. She glanced at the door and found a young man in a suit. “Strange.” Y/N whispered to herself. It was her first time to see someone came in from the corporate world. He looked around but didn’t seem to find what he was looking for.

“Do you need some help?” Y/N asked, walking out of the cashier desk.

“Ah, yes.” He said. “I’m here to look for a book about flowers. Do you have anything of sorts?”

“Of course.” She said, walking to a certain section of the store. “What kind of book are you looking for? Is it for gardening? Aesthetic? Interior? Dictionary?”

“Something with flowers and their meanings.”

“Ah! I just got the thing.” Y/N crouched down, pulling out a book from the shelves. She rose from her feet and handed it to the customer. “I got the perfect book here, Le Language de Fleursand.”

Just as they were about to continue their conversation, a new customer came in. Y/N excused herself and checked the customer. No words came out of .

“Y/N.”

“Mom.” Y/N mumbled. “What are you doing here?”

“Is that really a way to greet your mother?” she scoffed, crossing her arms. “Can’t I just go and visit my estranged daughter?”

Y/N approached cautiously. “We all know that that isn’t what you came for.”

“Fine. I’ll just go straight to the point. I have someone I want you to meet.” Her mother said, flipping the books on the table beside her. “His name is Ken. He’s the son of one the editors. I saw his—“

“Again mom?”

“What?” her mother didn’t care at all about her feelings. “The wedding would be great for the media.”

Her eyes turned to the customer who was idly looking into the book’s pages. She took a deep breath and had hoped for the best. “I already have a boyfriend.”

Y/N marched to the customer and mouthed. “Help me.” She dragged him in sight of her mother and introduced the stranger to her mother. “This is—“

“He’s my boyfriend.” Y/N declared. Her hand reached out for his and awkwardly entwined her fingers with his.

“Attorney Jung?” Her mother’s eyes widened in disbelief. “What are you doing here?”

“Editor Kim.” The man in a suit apparently named Mr. Jung greeted. “A pleasure to see you. I’m here…” a strong grip was impelled on his hand. “…here to see her…your daughter…”

“I did not know my attorney is seeing my only daughter.” Her mother smirked deviously as if she was smelling the fraud being committed. “I guess I won’t be letting you meet Mr. Ken anytime soon? How about bring him home on Sunday. Your father’s birthday party. I won’t be accepting no. It’s your father. See you my darling. Attorney Jung.”

Without even waiting for a reply, she left. Y/N turned to the customer-now-turned-fake-boyfriend and apologized wholeheartedly. “I am so sorry about that, I didn’t know what came to me. I will repay you for putting up with me. I’ll pay for the book.”

“It’s nothing.” He said, gesturing that it wasn’t big of a deal. He smoothly removes his hand from hers and apologized as well. “I didn’t know that you’re Y/N Kim. People said she was living overseas but here you are in the city’s old Memory Lane.”

“And here is my mother’s attorney buying a random book about flowers in Memory Lane.” She added.

“I think I wasn’t properly introduced.” He raised his hand and introduced himself. “My name’s Jung Taekwoon. Your mother’s attorney for almost five years now.”

She shook his hand and smiled. “Y/N Kim. Daughter of your boss.” She lazily said. “This may be the weirdest case you’ve heard in your life but will you help me in the crime of fraud I am about to do.”

“No.” Taekwoon immediately refused. “As for the book, I’ll pay for it instead.”
“What? Wait please.” Y/N let go of his hand. “I already told mother you are my boyfriend.”

“Yes. Well then tell her that I broke up with you just now.” Taekwoon pulled out his wallet and started counting his money. “I do not want to be involved in this. I already have a chaotic life thanks to me being a lawyer and I especially won’t let myself be involved with the daughter of my client.”

“Please!”

“No. It would be best if you tell them that you are someone who does not want to live her life following her parents.” Taekwoon mumbled, handing her the exact amount of payment for the book. “Anyways, thanks for this one.”

“I told you I’ll pay for the book.” Her voice crumbled. “Thanks for the help a while ago anyway.”





Sunday came.

Y/N stood in front of her parents’ house alone. She sighed thinking that she would be ultimately swayed by her parents once again just like before. She rang the bell and was greeted none other by the head household maid of the house. “Ms. Y/N, you’re back!”

“Hello, Mrs. Yoo. Is everyone here?”

“Ah yes, your boyfriend is here too. He did say you were running late.” Mrs. Yoo blushed by the thought of Y/N’s ‘boyfriend’.

Mrs. Yoo opened the door wide for Y/N and they headed to the dining area where everyone was. As they neared the dining area, distant and mumbled chatting and laughter can be heard. Mrs. Yoo opened the door for Y/N and smiled happily seeing that the Kims are once again whole.

“Ah, darling! Welcome back.” Y/N’s father smiled as his eyes landed on Y/N. “Taekwoon here has been sharing some of your wonderful stories.”

Y/N’s eyes shifted to the man sitting across your father’s left. There he was, sitting elegantly wearing a white button down shirt above his fitted black slacks. He was indeed a sight to see. His eyes were on hers. A subtle smile written on his face. “Hey there. I told them you were running late because of an errand. Come sit next to me.”

Without any words, you followed him and sat next to him. “I thought you were busy.” You told him, wondering what made him change his mind.

“I cancelled my plans for the day.” Taekwoon replied with ease. “Your mother wanted us to come. I had to.”

Y/N grabbed hold of his hand under the table and squeezed it, thanking him for the unnecessary gesture of his. The whole day on Y/N’s house ran smoothly. Oddly enough, Taekwoon was able to know things about you and your ‘fake encounter and dates’. He was a lawyer after all. Letting people be moved by you and protecting your clients from malicious verbal attacks were his forte. By the time it was time to leave, Taekwoon told Y/N that he’ll drop her off in her place instead. While Taekwoon was outside prepping the car, Y/N’s mother approached her.

“I’ll be expecting the wedding soon.”

“…”

“I’ll visit you two from time to time.” Her mother said, crossing her arms. “In regards of the wedding.”

“Mother, we’re not even engaged.”

“I know but you are now, now that I’ve spoken with Attorney Jung’s parents and they agreed to it.”

“What?”

“See you, dear.”

Y/N walked outside, and went straight inside Taekwoon’s car who was already waiting outside.

“Hey. I just want to thank you…” Y/N uttered while she put on the seatbelt.

“No need.” Taekwoon said, shifting to reverse and lifting his foot off the brake. “This is me helping. You helped me with finding a book, I’ll help you in this situation of yours.”

Taekwoon honked the car’s horn signaling to Y/N’s parents that they were leaving. It didn’t take Y/N long enough to notice that he didn’t ask for her address or said where they were going but she noticed that they were definitely heading to her apartment.

“Question.” Y/N raised her hand as if she were reciting on a strict teacher’s class. “Where are we heading to?”

“To your apartment.”

“How exactly do you know my address when I didn’t even tell you?”

Taekwoon stepped on the brake once the light turned red. “I checked your background. If I were to play the role of your boyfriend here I need to know details about you right?”

“…” Y/N kept shut. “But isn’t it kind of unfair that you know me but I don’t know you? Besides, I’ve been wondering since I saw you in my parents’ house why you agreed to this. Last time I checked, you said you wouldn’t want to involve yourself with the daughter of your client.”

“I changed my mind.”

“You said you were already living a chaotic life.”

“I did.” The lights turned green. Taekwoon stepped on the gas and kept his eyes on the road. As they were nearing Memory Lane, Taekwoon curved the car to the left; away from her apartment.

“Uhm…where are we going?” Y/N asked.

“To this burger place.” Taekwoon replied. He glanced at Y/N and wore a smug grin. “If you wanted to perfectly conceive this devious plan of yours, we have to do it both ways. You know me; I know you.”

Y/N remained silent. Taekwoon once again sneaked a glance on her and asked if she still wanted to do her plan. She smiled. A smile was enough for Taekwoon to know that she is on board as well. They reached the burger house and ordered on their own. They took the couch seat at the corner and started with operation-get-to-know-each-other.

They sat across each other and started exchanging information. Y/N started with the basics, from family background and to hobbies and likes. For some reason, their mood was great. It was as if it has already happened before. Taekwoon knew everything trivial about Y/N but didn’t know what she really is. Both were glad that they did this.

“You know, you remind me of some stranger I met previously.” Y/N giggled, as she wiped the smudged sauce from her cheek. Taekwoon chuckled and asked why. “I don’t know. It’s like you two are two peas in a pod. I can’t remember his face but it’s like you two are twins or something.”

“Really…” Taekwoon finished his burger in one bite. “I bet I’m better than him.”

“Oh please.” Y/N laughed, throwing a packet of ketchup at him. “You’re not even close. But I’ll tell you what, he gave me a great time. We talked and did random things.”

“Did you ever see him again?”

“No sadly.” Y/N answered, leaning forward on the table. “But that was one of the best nights I had in my life.”

Taekwoon bobbed his head, acknowledging her statement. The two remained quiet, enjoying the silence they both share. It wasn’t long when Y/N broke the silence between them.

“What made you agree to this weird plan of mine?”

“Let’s just say that I felt bad leaving a certain troubled client of mine.” Taekwoon sipped on his cup.

 


After that night, their operation-fake-everything-so-Y/N’s parents-especially her mother-would-finally-leave-her-alone was a go. So that they could prove that their relationship was real they carefully planned it out so that they were to sell the biggest lie they have done yet. Spare clothes and items were in each other’s houses. On weekends, they would sleep in either Y/N or Taekwoon’s place. They were to have obligatory dinner together; sometimes they would go out on weekends and hang out (that seemed more like friends going out rather than a couple); meet ups with friends and told them that they were secretly meeting for a while and didn’t want people to know but recently decided to come out in public as a couple. Sunday was no operation and had their time to themselves. Occasionally, their parents would check up on them. Mostly from Y/N’s mom but there were instances where Taekwoon’s parents would do to.

At first it was quite demanding and hard to cope, their personalities would sometime clash. Her spontaneous personality to his critical one. His apathetic approach to her weak emotional resolve; but as soon as they were able to understand each other they were able to complement each other. It was as if they were already a couple. It wasn’t long when Y/N began to feel something throbbing in her chest. Little did she know, he too.

The more they spend time together, the guiltier she felt. Both their parents had already been planning the wedding that was about to happen and seeing the date grew near made Y/N anxious. She wondered if the lie was already reached its end. She wanted to stop. For Taekwoon’s sake.

She was robbing his time that could possibly be for someone else. She grew distant and he felt it. It was the night before the planned wedding when Taekwoon concluded that there really was something that bothered Y/N.

Taekwoon does not like to kick around the bush and asked her. They spoke but Taekwoon said that he didn’t feel like he was wasting his time. He was quite fine and told her that if she wanted to end it, he’ll end it as well.



[30 MINUTES BEFORE THE WEDDING]

Both of their parents were already busy with their wedding to happen. Everyone was already excited for the wedding to come except for the bride.

She stared at her own reflection in the mirror. “You stupid girl. How could you let a lie go this far?”

“Are you ready dear?” one of the bridesmaids asked cheerfully.

A weak smile was the only thing Y/N could do. She needed to leave. Just in time, her bridesmaids were being called for one last rundown of actions. They said their short goodbyes to the bride. It was the perfect time to leave. Without any hesitation Y/N dashed out of her room and ran as far away as possible. She couldn’t bear it anymore. She would apologize to Taekwoon for dragging their lie too far and that this was such a waste of his time.

A knock on the door.

Taekwoon opened the door and found her standing in front of him wearing the beautiful wedding dress they chose. She heaved a heavy sigh. “Let’s stop this. I’m sorry.”

“What?” Taekwoon wasn’t able to process her words since he was busy processing how beautiful she looked.

“I’m sorry for dragging you this long. I can’t do it. You should be able to find someone out there and not marry me. I hope you can forgive me. The times we had were great. I will always cherish it.” Tears were starting to form but before she could continue her speech, Taekwoon covered with his hand.

“Would you…can you shush for a minute?” Taekwoon glanced in both directions, looking if there were anyone who was listening. When he saw that the coast was clear, he grabbed her hand and pulled her inside.

“Taekwoon—“

“Remember the first time we met?” Taekwoon asked. He sat on the chair while she stood in front of her; their hands holding. She nodded.

“You came into the bookstore looking for a book about flowers.”

“Wrong.” Taekwoon smiled bashfully. “It was in a bar down the 30th street. I was drunk. I found out that my girlfriend cheated on me and got lost in the way and ended up in a bar.”

“…”

“But on that very night, I met this fantastic girl who was also experiencing a rough time.”

“Wait—were you—“

“We didn’t give ourselves away and went with codenames.” Taekwoon continued. “I was Leo and she was—“

“Zinnia.” Y/N whispered. Her heart seemed to ache for some reason.

Taekwoon rose from his seat. “I had a fun time with her. I was tied with my own work because of my profession and didn’t care much but she made me that night. The next day, I broke up with my girlfriend and started to live better.”

“In reminder of the person who somehow made me the way I am now, I wanted to buy a flower.” Taekwoon said cheekily. “So, I was looking for a book about flowers particularly finding what flowers meant. You never asked why I was looking for it that day.”

“I didn’t think of it that much.” She sniffed.

“And that’s when I found myself walking in Memory Lane. I happened to pass by a bookstore wherein coincidentally the person I’ve met before worked in.” Taekwoon said. “I didn’t know that you forgot about me but I never forgot about you.”

“I can’t believe this.”

“I really did see you as just a friend before but the more I spend time with you, I get anxious. That’s when I realized that I didn’t like you just as a friend but as someone who I could see myself with” Taekwoon revealed. “I didn’t know when to say it until I decided that I should just say it in the right time but everything went so fast and—“

“Same here.” Y/N called his attention by pressing her lips on his. “I’ve been hiding my feelings…for a long time…”

Taekwoon chuckled. “Hey Zinnia, do you still want to do this wedding or not?”
Y/N laughed and squeezed his hands. “How about we ran away for an hour, buy ourselves some burgers, eat some place secluded and come back here as one more push to drive my mom mad? Then we’ll get married.”

“Fine by me.”