FAQ

VIXX ST✰RLIGHT Secret Santa 2017 // 10.03 UPDATE

What is this Secret Santa Event?

During this event, each participant who signed up will be randomly assigned to another participant whom they will anonymously gift to. 

The assignment of giftees and Santas will be done by the host, and to make sure that the allocation is done to fit both the giftees and Santas the best, it will be greatly appreciated for participants to read through the FAQ clearly before filling up the form with the necessary details. 

What is the Gift?

The gift will be in the form of oneshots only. Do take note that each oneshot must have a minimum of 1,500 words

Participants can choose to write a boyxgirl oneshot, or a boyxboy oneshot, and to receive either one. (i.e. VIXXmemberxOC, or VIXXpairings respectively)

Posters can be included for the story, but do provide the links along with the oneshots when emailing it to the host. 

How do I participate? 

You need to provide your AFF username upon sign-up for ease of communication (and this event being held on this platform), and also an email address for us to send the prompts to you, and for submission of gift for the event. Do be rest assured that the email addresses will not be used for any other purposes other than for this event, and will not be given to a third party at any time. 

Things to Note:

Please do not share your prompts that you have either received/provided for the forms until the event is over to ensure secrecy and to follow the meaning of the event.

Do not upload/share about any form of the gift you are working on (i.e. plot/prompts/pairings) until the identities of the Santas are revealed by the hosts (tentatively Dec 30, 2017). After the reveal, Santas are then allowed to upload their work and can choose to notify the host to hotlink the oneshot from our page to their profile. 

The brief timeline can be found over here!

To Sign-Up:

After making sure that you have read through the points above, you can either choose to write and receive a boyxgirl or boyxboy gift, and fill up the correct form accordingly found in the Sign-Up Page. You will then be contacted by the host through AFF to confirm your participation. 

Note: If you hope to write a girlxboy but want to receive a boyxboy oneshot,or vice versa, do PM us for further instructions on how to fill up the form. 

Are subscriptions compulsory?

Subscribes are not necessary, however, updates will be made through this page and not subscribing will mean missing out on news. 

Under the circumstance that any updates from the Santas that are expected but not received (i.e. hosts reminded Santas to check in on the updates page), only two reminders one week apart will be made through PM before participant is considered to have dropped out. This gives an approximately three weeks time gap for any replies to be made to the host before measures are to be taken. But please don't leave replies to the very last minute (i.e. right before second reminder or later).

Gift Prompts/Plot:

If the giftee has indicated that they like to receive oneshots that are rated (i.e. , violence, etc.) and the Santa is okay with writing it, the Santa can go ahead to write the oneshot. However, if giftee did not indicate such ratings in their submitted form, Santas are greatly advised to contact the host to check if the giftee is okay with a rated oneshot. Do take note of the necessary labels of the oneshot that you are writing (i.e. trigger warning, mature, , etc.)

Changing of prompts received is not possible as the host will be trying their best to match the participants to their giftees. However, we will try to ensure that the prompt which you are given is something that fit the form you have filled up. In the case that you find yourself unable to write the oneshot, please contact the host ASAP. 

You do not need to follow the prompt suggested, but minimally have to follow the likes/dislikes listed by the giftee. However, if Santas have any questions regarding the prompts/likes/dislikes provided, do direct your question to the hosts for us to get back to you after checking with the giftee. Please do not hesistate to ask when you are unsure of anything. 

Check-In Dates:

By the check-in dates listed, Santas are expected to contact the hosts either through PM or email, to update on their progress on the gift. It is important for you to follow the check-in dates to ensure that everything is proceeding smoothly, and in cases of a problem (can't finish in time, drop out), hosts can look for a solution quickly. 

If the Santas have not checked in with the hosts three weeks after the check-in date after two reminders (as mentioned earlier), it will be assumed that the Santa does not want to participate in the event anymore. 

If you are unable to meet the deadline, do contact the hosts ASAP to work out a solution. 

Sending the Gift:

Do email us the oneshot in a word document or similar format to the email account that you have received the prompt from. If the documents can't be opened, you will be contacted immediately. If you have lost the email address, do PM us to ask for it. You can also send the document in PDF file or in the email itself.

Email subject line: 'Secret Santa (your aff name)'s Gift'

The following form should be included either in the mail or in the document attached: 

Title of Gift:

Pairing(s):

Number of words:

Genre:

Warnings (if any):

Note to my Giftee: 

Uploading of Gifts:

The gifts will be posted in the order that the hosts received them in. 

Both giftees and Santas are encouraged to comment on the gifts. However, for Santas, do not make it obvious which story is yours. Santas are not allowed to answer comments posted on the gift that they wrote, until after the reveal to keep their identity a secret. 

Drop-Outs:

In the case that you are unable to participate anymore, do inform the host as soon as possible so that arrangements can be made to look for a back-up writer. 

A back-up writer will either be someone who is already participating, or simply someone who offers to help write the prompt. If the back-up writer is already participating in the event, they will not receive another gift tentatively.