The Christmas Night

Little by Little

After a while, they finally arrive at Jin cousin’s place. Not wanting to ruin his own plan, Tae ask his girl not to remove her eyepatch yet. He held her hand and carefully led her to the stairs.

“Okay, don’t hate me… But there is a lot of stairs here, be careful”

Taehyung only has been there once. He forgot that there’s no elevator in the building. He planned this through carefully, how can he miss this? It is making him feels angry and upset.  

“Stairs??? Okay are you kidding me… how am i supposed to walk up the stairs when I cannot see a thing, Tae ?”

Wheein is starting to get annoyed, but she’s not sure it is because of the eye patch or her being hungry.

“I’m really sorry, I didn’t think this through…”

Hearing his upset tone, Wheein kinda feels bad. She is annoyed but she does feel his sincerity.

“Ani... I’m still looking forward to this… I know you won’t disappoint me, Tae…”

The simple word brighten up ‘the upset’ Kim Taehyung.

Finally they arrive in the 3rd floor. Tae already asked a lot of help from his friend who’s living in Busan to decorate everything to make a perfect romantic rooftop dinner. He lightens up the candle and bring his girlfriend carefully to the rooftop.

“Okay…You can open your eyes…”

Wheein open her eyepatch with a fluttering heart.

“WHOAH….It’s—I mean…I---I---I…Oh my god…”

As soon as she removes her eyepatch, she is greeted by the beautiful view of Busan’s Christmas tree festival. And not long after that she also notice the beautiful decoration. The rooftop is pretty small, but Tae definitely make sure his friend doing a good job decorating it. There’s a dinner table with Wheein’s favorite flower, Magnolia in the middle which Taehyung just figure out recently. There are candles around the dining area and also one in the middle next to the flower. In the corner stand a small Christmas tree made of light and there’s also a lot of organized tumblr light around the rooftop.

“Tae… How did you manage to do all this?”

She kinda feels like tearing up.

“Well, i get a lot of helped from a couple of friends…”

“And… How did you know this is exactly the Christmas date I’ve always dreamt of?”

“You should thank Hwasa for that…. I me--- “

Out of the blue, a tear fall from Wheein’s eyes.

“Wae…Wae….Wae…..What’s wrong ???? Did I do something wrong ??? Waee ???”

This definitely got Taehyung so panic.

“Ani….It’s just… No one ever did something like this for me…. Aghhh what’s wrong with me… I’m really ruining the mood now for being a crybaby….”

She quickly wipes her tears away and smiles brightly. Hearing her honest confession Taehyung feels relieved and happy. His hard worked payed off and honestly seeing her happy face right now is everything to him.

“You’re special to me, Wheein-ah and I’ll make sure that you feel that way…”

This might sound cheesy for other people, but it really did warm Wheein’s heart. Suddenly, Wheein bravely presses her lips against his which kinda shock Tae. They kissed a couple times before, but she never kissed him first.

“Thank you Tae…Thank you so much”

They kiss passionately until once again Wheein’s growling stomach interrupts.

“I think that’s a sign for us to start eating…”

Taehyung said and chuckles. He finds it cute and even more when he sees Wheein’s blushing face. Now, he drags his girl to the dining table. He already prepares the dinner too. He really did prepare everything, from pizza, chicken, hanwoo beef and basically a lot of Wheein’s favorite foods.

“Okay Tae… I know we both have a big appetite, but I don’t think we can finish all of this…”

She is surprise by the amount of food in the table.

“I admit I went overboard...”

They laugh it out and start eating.

After they finish, Tae takes care of the leftovers and put them in the fridge. Wheein wanted to help but he told her to stay still because he has an extra on his plan.

“I have one more surprise for you….Just stay here okay ???”

Then he ran away.

“TA-DA”

Taehyung comes back with a bottle of soju which makes Wheein laugh.

“So, this is your ‘one more surprise’?”

“Yep…I know how much you love alcohol, so I just think this is a must to complete Christmas… “

“How can you get me so much, Tae ?”

Wheein said excitedly while grabbing the bottle from Taehyung’s hand.

And the night went perfect for both of them. They talked for a while until Tae lets out a big yawn.

“Well, I think we both definitely need some sleep…”

“Yeah…I guess so… Well, the bedroom is in the 2nd floor… I’ll clean this up, you go ahead first…”

Taehyung said while yawning again.

“We can clean it up tomorrow, Tae…Come on let’s just go to bed…You look really tired you know…”

Now, Wheein is the one who’s basically drag Taehyung down to the 2nd floor.

And to her surprise, she only sees one bed in the whole floor. Well, she already guesses that there’ll be only one bedroom since the building is small, but she thought there will be a separate bed.

Taehyung on the other hand is as surprise as she is.

‘Kim Taehyung, this is definitely the other things THAT YOU DIDN’T THINK THROUGH!!!!!! What the hell are you going to explain to her??? She will definitely think you are dirty perverted men! You’ve only been dating for 3 month! What are you thinking????’

He is cursing to himself.

“W-Wheein-ah I--- I’m---I mean…You go ahead sleeps in the bed, I’ll sleep on the floor…”

“I---Tae…. Why would you sleep on the floor ? I-I mean you are not just some guy, you are my boyfriend… Just sleep in the bed with me…”

Although Wheein said this bluntly, she is shaking on the inside… There’s so much on her mind right now.  They both definitely turn red at the moment.

“If you said so then… I’m so sorry I didn’t think this through, Wheein-ah… I’m too focused on the ‘perfect dinner’ so I didn’t pay attention on this kind of things….”

Tae buried his head on his own hands.

“Don’t be sorry, Tae… This night is everything I’ve ever dreamt of and it is perfect, well at least for me it is…”

Wheein remove Tae’s hand and kiss him on the cheek.

“I’ll wash up first okay ?”

Tae just nod his head while blushing. He’s definitely not used to this daring Jung Wheein.  

Coming back from the shower, Wheein finds Taehyung already sleeping in the bed.

“Tae… wake up… “

Tae just murmurs in his sleep.

“Tae…wake up… you need to clean yourself…”

Kim Taehyung is still not waking up.

“Tae…come on at least brush your teeth, okay ?”

This time Jung Wheein successfully wakes him by pulling his body up.  He stares at her sleepily and she finds him really cute.

“Okay let’s brush your teeth and at least change your clothes okay ?”

Wheein basically helps him to brush his teeth, change his close and put him back to bed. Then she carefully lay herself down beside him.

“Wheein-ah… you’re too close to the edge, you might fall down…”

The sleepy Kim Taehyung hugs her from behind and put her closer to him.

Wheein thought this sudden back hug will make her uncomfortable, but surprisingly, she feels comfy and safe in his arm. And just like that, they both fall asleep.

 

 

 

TO BE CONTINUED