To Be Surprised by You

To Be in Your Gaze

By the time the two female girls finish buying all their necessities, Seungkwan's legs feel sored and sensitive. The fact that he still has to walk back to the hotel room didn't help. When the four of them walk back to the hotel, Vernon and Lisa, the freshman girl, are walking in front of Seungkwan, who is accompanied by Rose, Lisa's roommate. Being the polite gentleman that he is, Vernon offered to carry Lisa's bags of necessities and she took that opportunities to attach herself to his arm. With a praise of compliment, they walked together in front of an annoyed Seungkwan.

 

"You see that right?" Rose whispered to Seungkwan. "To be honest, Vernon is totally out of my league but Lisa would definitely stand a chance."

 

"Hmm," Seungkwan didn't bother answering with words.

 

"If they get together tonight, can I sleep in your room? I don't mind the sofa," Rose jumps to conclusion.

 

"That's inappropriate!" He quickly answers.

 

"Shut up boy, I'm not gonna take advantage of you," Rose laughed. "I just don't want to sleep in the hallway. Our other roommate is sleeping with our other friend anyway."

 

"Do you think they would really sleep together?" Seungkwan stares at Vernon's broad back.

 

"I don't know but it's always good to take precaution. Lisa said that Vernon had a thing for her. She also said that he just took care of you because you were sick. How are you anyway? Feeling better?"

 

Seungkwan didn't answer her. He was too enticed in his own head about the possibilities that Vernon just took care of him because he was sick.  Of course, that's the reason. Why would Vernon give me special treatment? I was sick. He would have done the same thing if other freshmen got sick too. 

 

By the time they got back to the hotel, Lisa asked Vernon to go with her to her room to some him something and Vernon just obliviously follow her. Seungkwan watched the whole scene with disappointment and slight regret. He wished that he was as bold as Lisa but he could never with the way he looked. Rose just clap happily to see her friend getting some action. She followed Seungkwan to his room. 

 

Rose took off her shoes and asked to use the bathroom. Seungkwan completely ignored her and walk to the veranda. He stared at the far distance, completely oblivious to the fact that Rose had already left after Vernon came back. It was much quicker than anyone anticipated. 

 

"Shortie, don't leave the door open," Vernon walked up from behind the freshman. "Be wary of strangers."

 

When Seungkwan didn't answer, Vernon stared at him with intense eyes. It causes Seungkwan to look away before he melts into a puddle of goo. Seungkwan looked back to the room through the glass door to see that Rose had left and the room look like it did before. Their groceries bags sat on the desk facing the bed. 

 

"Nothing, just fresh air," Seungkwan finally answered.

 

"Ok, I'm gonna go eat your shrimp dumpling now," Vernon went back to teasing the freshman. 

 

Hearing that, Seungkwan immediately ran back to the room and snatch the bags away from Vernon. The older male chuckled to himself before grabbing the bag back and got out the foods. He prepared it for Seungkwan and they both sat on the sofa, eating. After a while, Seungkwan started to get curious as to why Vernon is here.

 

"Why aren't you in Lisa's room?"

 

"I'm not interested in girls who throw themselves at me," Vernon answer simply as he slurped up his soup.

 

"But that's not what I heard," Seungkwan retorted. "Her friend said you're the one that came to her first. You just act like it's nothing when you're out in public."

 

"And you believe that?"

 

"Isn't it the truth?"

 

"Of course not. You shouldn't believe everything you hear. You should believe me instead," Vernon sighed and put down his soup bowl. "Be honest, what do you really think of me?"

 

"A womanizer, a teaser, and a reckless person..." Seungkwan answered without hesitation.

 

"Well shortie, I was like that, but I've recently changed. I'm not lying to you, I promise. Understood?"

 

"Yes, sir," Seungkwan answer quietly as he held a spoonful of shrimp dumpling up to his mouth. 

 

Vernon quickly held Seungkwan's hand and feed himself the shrimp dumpling. Seungkwan looked at him in shock. "That's your punishment for misunderstood my intention."

 

After all the foods had been consumed, Vernon threw away all the trash. He sat on his sofa/bed and read for a while. When he looked over, Seungkwan had already been sleeping with a smile on his face. Vernon smiles a little as well.


 

Over at Seokmin's room, the party is tamed, to say the least. The drinks were pouring and the alcohol was passed around between five guys. Wonwoo and Hoshi are there along with two of Seokmin's engineering friends and Seokmin himself. Some of the sophomore that was invited ditch or had other priorities. Of course, Mingyu was also invited but he hadn't come back from the shopping he did with Wonwoo. Although the said sophomore was presented, the freshman was nowhere to be seen. As the engineer students talked on and on, Hoshi and Wonwoo had a small conversation between themselves. 

 

"What wrong with you? You're quieter than usual," Hoshi shoulder bumped his friend. "Don't tell me you killed Mingyu and thinking of ways to hide the body. It's bad moral to be a murder then become a doctor."

 

"Shut up," Wonwoo said quietly through his glass of alcohol. "I'll kill you first before I kill him."

 

"Calm down, my man," Hoshi tried to hold in his amusement. "Why are you getting so easily agitated?"

 

Wonwoo chose to ignore Hoshi and pour himself another drink. Just as the conversation ends, the door open and another sophomore walked in with a certain freshman. Mingyu hesitantly walked into Seokmin's room with his eyes on Wonwoo completely. 

 

"Oh, Mingyu, where did you go?" Seokmin asked.

 

"I found him wandering around on the beach by himself," The new sophomore answered. "It was fricking windy outside. If it wasn't for me, he would probably still be standing there by tomorrow."

 

"Had an out-of-body experience?" One of Seokmin's friend teased. "Maybe you were just waiting for your goddess to take you."

 

The two of them sat down. Wonwoo scooted over a bit so Mingyu could sit down in between him and Hoshi. Wonwoo shook his head at Mingyu. "You crazy? If I tell you to jump off a cliff, you would do that too?"

 

"I just want you to know how important your words are to me," Mingyu wears his infamous puppy face. 

 

"You're a real thorn by my side, you know that?"

 

"Are you mad?"

 

"What's wrong with you two?" Hoshi poked his head in the conversation, literally.

 

Wonwoo didn't answer so Mingyu answered instead. "Wonwoo hyung is being a tsundere."

 

"Be honest with me, little boy," Hoshi said in a teasing voice. "Do you like my friend or do you like like my friend?"

 

Before Mingyu can answer, Wonwoo's phone caught all their attention. It was buzzing to indicate someone is calling Wonwoo. The said sophomore stood up and left Seokmin's rowdy crowd to answer the phone. He didn't go far. Wonwoo stood a couple of yards away from Seokmin's room and answered the phone.

 

"What do you want?" He didn't mean for it to sound like he's annoyed but he is. 

 

"What you doing?" Vernon asked on the phone.

 

"Having drinks with them."

 

"I can't sleep, why?"

 

"Maybe you're too excited?" Wonwoo smirked to himself. He knew Vernon didn't go to the get-together because Vernon wanted to take care of the sick Seungkwan. It was true to some extent. On the other side of the phone, Vernon was about to said something snarky back but he looked over to Seungkwan's sleeping body and down in his lower region. He couldn't deny that he is a little excited. From the silent, Wonwoo could tell what Vernon is thinking. "I'm hanging up, you blockhead. At least go to the bathroom and use your tone right arm and don't make too much noise. Don't stay up late! Bye now."

 

Wonwoo hangs up the phone and turned around, only to see Mingyu's puppy face again. The freshman held up a piece of chocolate candy in front of his face. "Mingyu is sorry."

 

"Are you ever gonna stop?" Wonwoo sighed.

 

"Mingyu will still like you if you get fat. Back when hyung is in high school, hyung was fat and Mingyu still like hyung," The freshman pouted cutely as he spoke in the third person. Wonwoo took pity on the poor guy and grab the chocolate out of his hand. Mingyu smile a bit afterward. "I just didn't know how to get your phone number. If I asked you directly, would you give it to me?"

 

"Why would I give it to you?" 

 

"See? That's why."

 

"Fine, let me ask you. You think you're freaking special just because you listen to every word I said?"

 

"I never thought that. I just want you to know that your words are really important to me," The pouting appear again. 

 

Wonwoo, a er for cute things, sighed and rolled his eyes. "Fine, I'll cut you some slack this time."

 

Mingyu's pout turned into a smile and he casually slid himself nearer to Wonwoo, putting his arm around the older male's shoulder. Of course, he got his hand slapped away by the "tsundere". "So, which male reps are you rooting for this year?"

 

"That's a stupid question," The older male replied. "Of course, I'm rooting for my own department and Seungkwan."

 

"Why don't you support the rep from the engineering department?" 

 

"Why do I have to? He's annoying."

 

"Please, support me hyung!"

 

"No!"

 

"Please hyung!"

 

"No!"

 

"Support me, please! Pretty please!"

 

"Why you always force me into things?"

 

"Because if you support me, I will definitely win the title for you."

 

"Someone is conceited," Wonwoo scoffed. "Why do you need me to win the title?"

 

"You don't want to brag to your friends?" Mingyu raised one eyebrow.

 

"Brag about what?"

 

"That's you're dating the university rep," Mingyu answered cheekily.

 

That comment earned Mingyu a kicked in the shin and a chase around the goddamn hotel. Wonwoo swore he would beat the crap out of Mingyu as he chases the taller freshman down. Mingyu happily took the beating if it meant Wonwoo would root for him as well.


 

The next day started out a little surprising in Seungkwan/Mingyu/Vernon's room. Seungkwan opened his eyes to the bright morning Sun, only to see that he was on the right side of the bed while Vernon is sitting on the left side of the bed. In his hand, Vernon holds an iPad. Seungkwan quickly look down to see that his clothes are still intact but Vernon is wearing a different outfit from the one from last night. The older male wears a dark blue buttoned-up with camo green shorts. 

 

"What?" Vernon looked over at the just woken up beauty. "Your ity is still there, don't worry. The bed is more comfortable so I was just sitting here."

 

Seungkwan didn't answer as he tried to absorb everything Vernon just say. He actually moved his bum around to see if his ity is still there. Luckily or unluckily, it is.

 

"Get dressed, you're gonna be late for today activity," Vernon got up from his spot and put the iPad on the nightstand. 

 

The freshman sluggishly got up and look around the room. Mingyu's sandals aren't here. "Did Mingyu came back last night?"

 

"Asked him yourself, I was sleeping," The sophomore said. "Go shower, I'll get you breakfast."

 

The younger boy did as he was told. The fact that Vernon is getting his breakfast kinda gave Seungkwan butterflies in his stomach. He happily jumps in the shower to wash. While he's in there, Seungkwan also checked for any differences in his body, mainly to look for hickeys. Not that would find any, to his disappointment. Bad Seungkwan, no naughty thoughts... Maybe just one. Only one naughty thought allowed.

 

Seungkwan exited the bathroom with only a towel around his waist. He was assuming three things. One, Mingyu wouldn't be back yet. Two, Vernon would be out getting breakfast. And three, Seokmin didn't have a reason to visit Seungkwan's room. However, all three of those assumptions were wrong as he sees all three male sitting on the bed, staring at him as he walked out of the bathroom. Mingyu wore a bored face as if he saw Seungkwan before. Vernon and Seokmin look kinda surprised and they couldn't stop blinking. 

 

Mingyu got up and walked to the bathroom. "I already came up with three explanations as to why you'll be limping and tire. And don't be too loud."

 

Seungkwan didn't have time to answer before Mingyu walked into the bathroom and turn on the faucet full blast. The young freshman turned his attention back to the speechless sophomores. "Seokmin hyung, did you get drunk last night?"

 

"Umm, no. You feeling better?" Seokmin tried his hardest to stare at certain parts of Seungkwan's body, but it's hard not to.

 

The smooth creamy skin and only a towel on. It also didn't help that Seungkwan is still a bit wet from the shower. Although he doesn't want to, Vernon forced himself to tear his eyes away from Seungkwan's exposed body and pull Seokmin toward the door. Before he left, Vernon told Seungkwan where he put breakfast at and close the door so the innocent boy could change. The medical sophomore couldn't come up with a good explanation so he just says the other staffs might need their help. 

 

"What's wrong with you?" Seokmin pulled his arm away from Vernon's grip when they got to the stairs. "Let me get an eyeful."

 

"Do you like Seungkwan?" Vernon bluntly asked.

 

"Yes, is that a problem?" The engineer sophomore smiled fondly to himself but when Vernon didn't reply, he continued talking. "At first, I didn't because he seemed like an awkward and kinda weird, but I learn to love those traits about him. I always saw him upset and I always cheer him up. Somehow, I end up liking him more than just a junior. Do you think I have a chance?"

 

Seokmin completely overlooked the hard stare and silent treatment that came from Vernon. The medical sophomore hates the fact that he doesn't have the power to stop Seokmin right now. The other male is in control of his own life and he can like whoever he wants but Seungkwan is off-limits. However, there's no way Vernon can tell the engineer sophomore off without revealing that he also like Seungkwan. "I don't know."


 

I really shouldn't be updating right now with a midterm coming up but I couldn't leave y'all hanging since I update my other fics twice already. Recently, I went back in time and listen to some old songs, like "Day by Day" by T-ara and "Growl" by EXO. I don't know why I delete them from my playlist. 

Gonna go to sleep now!

 

FIGHTING!!!