To Be Worried about You

To Be in Your Gaze

Around 8:30 in the morning, freshman reps began to appear at the bus stop with their bags and luggage. Most of the staffs are already there, waiting for them. Of course, Wonwoo and Hoshi are already there as well since they're afraid they might be late. They rather wait for Vernon than have Vernon wait for them. Beside, Hoshi seems to enjoy watching the female freshmen walking in around in thin clothing. Hoshi wore a t-shirt with two solid coloring and khakis pants and Wonwoo wore a long-sleeves navy sweater with darker color khakis.

 

"Oh my gosh, my heart is beating so far," Hoshi held onto his chest as if he's about to have a heart attack.

 

"Your heart beats for anything that can walk, ," Wonwoo deadpanned. 

 

"Oh right Wonwoo, I forgot to ask about your engineering boy," Hoshi changed the subject. "How are you gonna find out if he likes Seungkwan or not?"

 

"I don't know yet," The darker hair male shrugged. "I didn't have time to ponder about that."

 

"Hey, hold on," Hoshi thoughts about it for a moment and a lightbulb flashed on top of his head. "Your plan to prove it... Your gonna... use your body to do it?"

 

"You're crazy. I'm not."

 

"Why not? You're pretty cute. Guys love the tsundere attitude."

 

"Serious question: Just because they have a sweet face, does it mean they're gay? If yes, then you're gay as well."

 

"That's not what I meant but you seem better for the job of seducing Mingyu than I am. You're totally his type, right Wonnie?"

 

"Wonnie, my ," Wonwoo sent a flying kick to Hoshi, who managed to dodge it after years of being the tsundere's friend.

 

"Speaking of the devil..."

 

Wonwoo turned his attention toward the bus to see Mingyu arriving just in time for the group picture in his sunglasses. He wore a plain white t-shirt with an s baby blue buttoned-up outerwear with a navy blue short that goes down to his knees. The guy apologizes for being late and jumps to the side of the picture. One of the female reps took the picture with a digital camera. Wonwoo stares at the guy and ponders on his look.

 

Pretty tall, that's good. Neither light or dark skin, the perfect tone. Body type? Maybe a sporty kind of guy or at least workout occasionally. Face wise? I have to admit he's not that bad in that department either. But his style is different from Vernon or Hoshi. Puppy face with a killer smile and mischievous attitude. Wait, why the hell am I thinking about this? I should focus on finding out if he likes our boss's target of affection or not. Wait, is he looking over here? WTF?

 

"He's coming over..." Hoshi sings.

 

"What? Who?" Wonwoo didn't have time to compose himself mentally before Mingyu appears in front of him. 

 

"Good morning, hyungs," The freshman greets both of them but he looks more at Wonwoo.

 

"Hey," Hoshi replies.

 

"When does your friend plan to bring my friend here?" Mingyu asked politely, his eyes still on Wonwoo.

 

"Oh those two," Hoshi laughed. "They probably have ten kids by now. When I called earlier... I heard Little Seungkwan is in my friend's room."

 

"Well, tell them to finish their physical activity and get here," Mingyu laughed. "He might miss the bus."

 

"Oh... what's your name again?" Hoshi asked. Wonwoo is rather quiet in this whole conversation except for the occasional scoffs and chuckle. 

 

"It's Mingyu... Kim Mingyu."

 

"Kim Mingyu? Sound familiar."

 

"It should, we went to the same high school. By the way, what's your name?"

 

Hoshi pointed to himself. "Mine?"

 

"No, Hoshi hyung," Mingyu smirks as he looks over at Wonwoo. "His."

 

"Why do you have to know?" Wonwoo replied sassily.

 

"Well, you look like you're pretty close to Vernon," Mingyu explained. "Your friend and mine are getting closer so I just thought we should get closer as well."

 

"You can get close to him," Wonwoo nodded to Hoshi. "I don't want to be a part of this."

 

"Yo Wonwoo, why you putting this one me?" Hoshi retaliated.

 

"Wonwoo? Wonwoo! Oh! The emo one, I remember," Mingyu smiles brightly. "You used to wear dark cloth all the time. Seems like you change a little. Adding colors to your wardrobes."

 

"If you call me emo one more time, I''m gonna kick your ."

 

"Let not be too rough for our first time," The freshman winked. "Let get to know each other first."

 

 Wonwoo left in frustration as Hoshi watch in amusement. Mingyu went back to the bus with the freshmen and Hoshi is left alone for a little bit. He sent a text to Vernon tell him to hurry up. Luckily, Vernon arrived a couple minute afterward with a happy vibe surrounding him. The guy wore an outfit similar to Mingyu but the shirt is dark blue with little anchors littered all over it. 

 

"Oh mister Vernon, you seem to be in a good mood," Hoshi smirks. "What did you do?"

 

"Nothing..." Vernon was used to Hoshi's suggestive comments since they're friends for so long.

 

"What happened when I called earlier? Hope I wasn't interrupting any sweet moments."

 

"Well... nothing. He just came to wake me up. I showered as he cleaned up my room. That's all."

 

"And?"

 

"I came to see your face."

 

"That's all?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"Ok," Hoshi said it in a tone that hint that he doesn't believe Vernon but Vernon choose to not get question further. 

 

Both guys watched over the freshmen as they take another group picture. Mingyu walked up to Seungkwan and took the shorter freshman luggage to put it in the bus storage compartment. Seungkwan wore a light yellow buttoned-ups over a white t-shirt with light color short that went to his knees. They're talking about something that has to do with being carsick and Vernon overheard them talking about sitting in the front. Hoshi looked up at his friend's smitten face and smiled to himself. By the time the bus took off, Wonwoo came back tot he car from his zen walk. 

 

"You good?" Hoshi asked.

 

"What are you waiting for? Let go," Wonwoo ordered.

 

"I'll sit in the back," Vernon told them and hop into the back seat. 

 

The drive to the beach was quiet. Vernon slept in the back for a bit as Wonwoo looked out the window, still a little bit pissed at the teasing earlier and the fact that Hoshi didn't help him. Hoshi was focused on driving so he didn't bother to ask what's wrong since he probably laughs at the answer anyway. However, the ringing of Vernon's phone broke the silence. With no radio on, everyone in the car can hear the conversation. 

 

"What's up, Seokmin?"

 

Wonwoo and Hoshi looked at each other with the mention of Seokmin's name. They knew that Seokmin and Vernon have been walking on eggshell with each other since they're both interested in Seungkwan. 

 

"Who are you sitting next to? ... It's nothing, just curious... What do you want? ... What? ... Want me to turn back? ... Ok, the gas station a mile from the freeway, got it!" Vernon hung up. "Hoshi, drive faster to the gas station."

 

"What happened?" 

 

"Seungkwan is carsick."


 

The trio arrived at the gas station quicker than the bus so they waited. Wonwoo went inside the convenience store and got some ice cream while Hoshi waited outside with a pacing Vernon. When Wonwoo came back and sat down on the bench, next to Hoshi, they both observed Vernon with interested. They've never seen him this worried about anything before. Maybe a couple of time when they themselves got sick but not to this degree. It's interesting to see their usually stoic boss worry about someone. 

 

When the bus arrived, Vernon was the first to appear at the entrance to see the freshmen, specifically one freshman. The staff in charge told everyone to go to the bathroom and such and get back to the bus in ten minutes. Seungkwan and Mingyu were the last to exit the bus after Seokmin. The orientation leader who picked Seungkwan as a rep, Kimmy, is also here. She kept on fanning Seungkwan's face with a fan to keep him cool. Seungkwan's face is paler than usual with a hint of green. He looked like he'll throw up at any time and he didn't. The freshman ran pass Vernon and the gang to a trash can. Jennie is also there patting his back with Mingyu.

 

"I think you should ride with me in Hoshi's car," Vernon suggested. "It sways less than a bus so it less like that you'll get carsick."

 

"I think that's a good idea," Seokmin agrees.

 

"Please take care of him," Mingyu glares at Vernon as he handed over his best friend to the sophomore.

 

After a few more moment of fresh air, Vernon leads Seungkwan to the car with Wonwoo and Hoshi following close behind. Vernon and Seungkwan sat in the back. The poor freshman didn't have a neck pillow so his head keeps bobbing everywhere as car move, making Vernon more worry. Hoshi handed Vernon a plastic bag halfway through the trip, just in case. 

 

"If you're so worried about his neck, then let him rest on your lap," Wonwoo told his boss.

 

"If he hit the window and ruin his look, the science department will use our head for the neurologist lab," Hoshi jokes. "Just control yourself, Vernon."

 

Vernon rolled his eyes at his friend suggestive joke and slowly pulled the sleeping beauty down to his lap. The sophomore didn't know where to put his hand so he just held onto Seungkwan's.

 

"Don't take advantage of the little guy," Hoshi sings. "It's bad morality."

 

"Hoshi, you're asking a wolf to not eat the little lamb," Wonwoo laughs.

 

"Big bad wolf..."

 

"Shut up, Seungkwan is sleeping."

 

The two of them quiet down after exchanging some knowing looks. The ride got quiet again as Hoshi focused on the road, Wonwoo focused on his phone, and Vernon focused on Seungkwan. Vernon tried his hardest not to play with the fluffy hair. Seungkwan did open his eyes after a while and noticed the change in his sleeping position. 

 

"Why am I laying down?"

 

"Just sleep," Vernon answered shortly.

 

"It's not good, you might get a cramp," Seungkwan looked up at Vernon. His mental and emotional state are too tired from the carsickness to even fanboy about the fact that he's sleeping on Vernon's lap, specifically a little higher up the thigh. 

 

"Already have it, so might as well," The sophomore patted the freshman head to get his to go back to sleep, which he didn't. "Feel better?"

 

"A little..."

 

"What a spoiled kid?" Vernon said fondly. "Carsick from a bus but fine with a fancy car."

 

"The bus sways too much..."

 

"Just keep sleeping, I'll wake you up when we get there."

 

"Don't wanna trouble you."

 

"Too late already, you troublemaker," Vernon fondly looks down at the freshman that's slowly falling asleep with a smile on his face. In fact, both of them have a smile on their face.

 

By the time they arrived at the hotel, Seungkwan is already late for the meet up because Hoshi had to drove slow. Reluctantly, Vernon woke up the sleeping boy and got him out of the car. While the sophomore shakes his legs to wake it up, Seungkwan quickly runs to the lobby to find the group. Luckily, Mingyu sees him and wave to catch his attention. 

 

"Ok, everyone is here," The staff girl starts to explain the sleeping arrangement and the schedule.

 

"You ok?" Mingyu whispered to Seungkwan.

 

"Just a little woozy (A/N: See what I did there?)," Seungkwan replied.

 

"So for the sleeping arrangement, There will be two students per room with a staff member," The girl explains as she looks from her clipboard and the freshmen. "That way, no naughty stuff at night. That's all, go settle down and let's meet up later on."

 

The freshmen disperse and gather their belongings. Mingyu quickly grabbed his stuff, along with Seungkwan's luggage. The two of them make their way to their designated room. Luckily, they got to partner up but it's really Mingyu using his charm to get the staff to room him up with Seungkwan. If he's not there, who will take care of his clumsy best friend? 

 

"I couldn't get the girl to put Vernon in our room or else it might be obvious," Mingyu told the shorter freshman. "But do you think you'll be sleeping in the same room as your sweetheart?"

 

"No way," Seungkwan tsk-ed. "I wouldn't want him to anyway. What if snore? And I don't want him to see me in my glasses. He never had and never will. No way... I'm not that confident."

 

"Really?" Mingyu laughed in a way that kinda mocking, who hit him afterward.

 

By the time they got to their room, Seungkwan opened the door and walked inside. He jumped on the bed as Mingyu followed him inside and took off their shoes. With their luggage in the corner of the room, Mingyu was able to explore the room with his eyes. It's fairly simple. A large king size bed facing the flat-screen TV. Near the door that leads to the veranda, a white rectangular sofa laid. The bathroom door is pretty close to the door to the hallway. 

 

"Still woozy?"

 

"Yeah, but it's going away."

 

"Hungry? I can order food."

 

Seungkwan thought about it for a second. "No, I'll wait for dinner."

 

"Ok," Mingyu sat down on the bed. "I knew you would get carsick. We should have taken my car here instead."

 

"Yeah... Now everyone thinks I'm some weakling."

 

"It's not weak if you were born like that," The taller best friend ruffles the shorter's hair. "By the way, any progress in the car?"

 

"I... slept on his lap," Seungkwan said shyly. Mingyu's eyes widen in surprise. He never knew Seungkwan is so bold. "At first, I tried to get up but after awhile, it got too comfortable. I slept all the way here and Vernon didn't complain at all."

 

"Seemed like he's a nice guy after all."

 

"Being carsick this time is totally worth it. I would do it 10 times over."

 

"Huh? Ten times over," Mingyu took a pillow and hit his friend. "Who cleans up your vomit, huh?"

 

Seungkwan realized his mistake and apologize right away. "Sorry sorry sorry."

 

"And rub your back? Sticky !"

 

Their pillow fight was cut short when Seungkwan noticed Vernon standing at the door with his bag in his hand. "Am I interrupting?"

 

 "You're sleeping in this room?" Mingyu asked.

 

"I can switch," Vernon mistook the tone of Mingyu's voice.

 

"It's not like that hyung. I didn't mean for it to sound like that."

 

"I see that you guys are being lovey-dovey..."

 

Seungkwan looked at the position Mingyu and he is in. He replied to Vernon's accusation with a shy tone. "We're not... Are you really sleeping here?"

 

"Probably outside if this lovey-dovey thing keeps up."

 

"Three guys in a bed is kinda tight," Seungkwan said innocently. Mingyu tried to hide his laugh and so did Vernon.

 

"I'll take the sofa," Vernon walked in and placed his luggage at the edge of the sofa and walked out of the room. "When you two are done, don't forget the meeting time."

 

"Damn, Vernon is really sleeping here," Mingyu broke the silence when Vernon was out of the room. "Should I move? I don't want to watch you two being lovey-dovey with each other."

 

"Shut up," Seungkwan hit his friend's face with the pillow.

 

"On the other hand, I want to be here to make sure the evil sophomore doesn't deflower my best friend."

 

"No one has to move," Seungkwan's facial expression turns serious for a moment. "He misunderstood thought."

 

"Don't worry about it," Mingyu pushes Seungkwan down on the bed and cover him with the blanket. "Rest up. I don't want to see you cry when you lose to me because your face isn't you to par. Sleep!"

 

"Fine," Seungkwan starts to relax. "Wake me up later."


 

"Wake up..."

 

"Seungkwan..."

 

"Wake up, you're gonna be late..."

 

"...Kwannie..."

 

The soft voice that whispers in his ear cause Seungkwan to slowly stir awake. He slept on his side so one of his ears is up. Seungkwan was expecting Mingyu to wake him up but he realizes it was someone else because Mingyu never called him Kwannie. He was expecting it but still surprise when he opens his eyes and see Vernon bending over with his face near Seungkwan. 

 

Seungkwan quickly sat up. "I didn't agree with you calling me that."

 

"How else was I suppose to wake you up?" Vernon's tone was a little suggestive but that was probably Seungkwan's imagination. "You're a pretty deep sleeper."

 

"Well... yeah..."

 

"Even in Hoshi's car. I even hit you a couple time but you didn't wake up," Vernon . Seungkwan's eyes widen and he looked like he actually believes Vernon. "I was kidding. You really think I would hit you?"

 

"Well, you did say you'll beat me up one day."

 

"Hey now!" Vernon grabbed onto Seungkwan's shoulder but the freshman squirms away like it's tickling him. "Awake now?"

 

"Yes, I'm awake now."

 

"Get up, then," Vernon lets go and turns around to take out some cloth from his luggage. Seungkwan was free to stare at the sophomore from the back. Great fit body with strong legs. Somehow, Seungkwan was brave enough to try to tickle Vernon. He slowly sneaks his way behind him and pokes his side. Vernon visible flinched.

 

"Ohhh... the stoic Vernon does have a weak spot," Seungkwan mocked. 

 

Vernon didn't say anything except sending a stern look. When he turned around, Seungkwan sneaks up behind him and tried to do it again. This time he was successful. One minute he was behind Vernon, about to tickle the sophomore's side. The next minute, he found himself with his back against the bed. His hands were held on the bed by Vernon and their face and body were inches apart.


 

I'm gonna have to go back to college soon T.T so there might be less updating again. But we'll worry about it when we get there. Organic chemistry is killing me slowly.

 

Can you believe this is episode 5 out of 12? We are barely halfway through. Comment below and tell me your favorite character so far. Personally, it's Mingyu for me and he finally gets his couple. 

 

FIGHTING!!!