Perfume

The Witness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8 - Perfume


 

She took a day off to pass her exams. After pass the morning exam, she was now running with Chungha instead of eating her lunch.

 

“We see anything on the video. Is she a reliable person ?”

 

“It help you or not ?”

 

“We just catch physical details. Long brown hair, black nail, her feet size and so on. I could find her if our database wasn't mess up. We will find her soon.”

 

“Then we can count on her. I think.”



 

“Jieqiong was looking at us. Act like usual.” Nayoung followed Eunwoo’s order. She put the bracelet on her wrist.

 

They waited for Jieqiong leaving, when she did it.

 

“Where did you find it ? Are you spying me now ?”

 

“Minghao’s house.”

 

“I see. I’ll send you the video like I promise.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

“You should be more mistrustful. Sometimes is the people who you trust the most who betray us.”



 

“Are you even listening me?!” Chungha waved her hand in front of Nayoung.

 

“I'm sorry.” they stopped running and got a towel.

 

“You rarely spacing out.” Chungha gave her a bottle of water. “Stress ?”

 

“I still don't find her so of course.”

 

“You’ll. But now focus on the exam if you want to keep your title of major.” she tapped her shoulder and they went in their room to take a shower.

 

Once Nayoung got in, she saw someone lying on the floor. A corpse.

 

Should I shout or mask this ? I don't know…

 

“Nayoung, can I -”  Chungha said while entering but her eyes was widened. “Yah, what happen here ?”

 

“I don't know. I just enter and see that.”

 

“Go call the teacher, I will call emergency. We can't handle that.”

 

~~

 

Police arrived at the university and started encircled it.. The exam was also suspended. Nayoung was bringing with Chungha to make a testimony.

 

The corpse, Nayoung already saw this familiar face. A student the same grade as them, that only she knew.

 

When they arrived, Nayoung met Eunwoo. The latter was wondering why she was there. But they acted like they don't know each other.

 

“What happen ?” she asked to her workmate.

 

“They're discover a corpse in their room.”

 

“I see. Then follow me you two.”

 

Eunwoo closed the door behind them. Then she sighed and opened her computer and started tipping their testimony.

 

After that, Sejeong came, with a worried face and started stuttering “E-Eunwoo… can we talk?”

 

Her workmate just hummed and kept tipping. “Go ahead.”

 

“The corpse, they find”

“It's Joshua.”

 

“...”

 

“...”

 

Eunwoo removed her hands from the keyboard and stood up.

 

“I finish the report. Tell others to stop the investigation.”

 

“What?! Why ?” Sejeong was surprised. Her chief didn't reply and just left them, holding her phone.

 

“You can leave now.” Sejeong turned towards the two witness. “If I find out that it was you who kill her friend, you're dead.”

 

“Aish someone is trying to catch us.” Chungha said after Sejeong let them. “I’ll go inform the boss.”

 

“I’ll follow her then.” Nayoung was curious about Eunwoo departure.

 

When she was outside, she didn't know where she could go. She was looking around but a figure caught her eyes. Jieqiong was running towards a back alley behind the station.

 

What is she doing here ? Jieqiong, you’re al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter