Substitute

The Witness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14 - Substitute

 

 

At the girl dorm, two girls were lying on the same bed, face to face.

 

“You finally admit it! It’s none too soon!” Chungha raise her hand up. Nayoung rolled her eyes at her antic.

 

“What now ?”

 

“You two can’t be together and you know it as well as me.” she caressed her right cheek.

 

“I won’t see her anymore. It was the last time.” Nayoung sat up and sighed. Soon, Chungha joined her. “I’ll join Chaeyeon.”

 

Nayoung left Chungha inside her room. She was staring at the ceiling when she heard Nayoung’s phone. She sat up again and picked up.

 

“Nayoung. Let’s not meet up for a while, can we ?”

 

“I’m not Nayoung but I’ll tell her.” Chungha said.

 

“You’re the one who spy me right ?”

 

 

~~

 

 

 

They were inside the library for two hours preparing the upcoming party. Chaeyeon discovered a new side of her classmate, Nayoung was very very organized.

 

“I’ll put the poster at the main door and first floor.” Chaeyeon said while writing.

 

“We can ask to the chief to help us.”

 

“Good idea. Then let’s go.”

 

They headed to the cafeteria. Chaeyeon was going to find where was the chief. Nayoung was counting the number of place and checking the stage.

 

“He said he will.” Chaeyeon tapped her shoulder. “I’ll put the poster.”

 

“Where's the mic ?” Nayoung asked her before she left.

 

“Last time Mina broke it but maybe there’s other in the sport hall.”  

 

 

“Then I’ll check in the sport hall.” Nayoung suggested.

 

The sport hall was at the opposite of the cafeteria. She was running to find them quickly. The hall was dark, she didn't find the light. So she just stepped inside, towards the box under the basket hoop.

 

She found two mic and took it in one hand. Suddenly, she caught a pair of hand behind her. Someone had followed her.

 

She turned around and kicked that person. The latter fend off and retracted her hand from Nayoung’s grip. The stone wasn’t fully recovered. The stranger threw two knifes and Nayoung deflected it with mic. Nayoung punched in the chest and the face. The stranger took her in the fall. The stone’s back hit dangerously the floor. The foreign stabbed her in the left rib. Nayoung didn't let the stranger pushed the knife further, she slugged the face away. She recognized a familiar smell of woman.

 

Nayoung took out the knife but the woman was already gone. She sat up and breathing heavily. Nayoung glanced at her hand which gave the last punch.

 

“Eunwoo…”

 

The girl tried to get up, she hold hard her rib to not spread more blood on the floor.

 

“Nayoung ?” Chungha hurried to her and helped her. “Why do you always get in this kind of situation ?!”

 

“As I ask for it.” Nayoung mumbled and leaned on Chungha “Wait, we have to take the evidence.”

 

“Your collarbone still hurt you right ?” Chungha put the knife in a small packet. She put Nayoung’s arm on her.

 

“It didn't expect this crate will be so painful.”

 

“It serves your right. Who tell you to fight him ? Homicide Service is not a joke.”

 

When they went in front of the infirmary, Mina met them.

 

“Oh my god! What happen to you ?! Someone tried to kill you ?! There is a killer ?!” Mina gasped and panicked.

 

“Please Mina, speak lower and calm yourself.” Chungha said. “Help me, will you ?”

 

Mina quickly nodded and helped her to get Nayoung inside. After she was laying on the bed, Chungha closed the door.

 

“You won't call the nurse ?” Mina asked her. Chungha was taking the first-aid kit.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter