Last Fight [2/2]

The Witness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16 - Last Fight [2/2]


 

Siyeon was waiting for Chungha’s reply but she didn't give a sign. She was now pacing up and down. Why am I feeling like this ?


 

Suddenly, one of her teammate barged in the room. “Warning!! Police is here! They caught us!!” Siyeon followed him in the main room. Siyeon was staring at the gunfight in the alley above their head. One side, policemen and other her workmate. She quickly pushed the red button and ran into the reunion room. The majority of member was taking part of the gunfight, others were gathering inside the room. Siyeon climbed on the table. “I will be honest, we won't win against them. Other policemen will come and surround this building.”

 

Another entered, bleeding from everywhere. “The boss has been almost caught too! Today the chief of police and him was supposed to sign a peace treaty… He told us to go to Jeju island.”

 

“Aish… okay, ten will help in the main room, the others calls others members who are on mission. Tell them to go to our secret place at Jeju.” Siyeon shouted and went to help her workmate who was wounded. “Go rest on the infirmary. We’ll leave in ten minutes.”

 

She helped him to walk inside the room. After that, Doyeon came to her. “We warn everyone except Chungha and Nayoung.”

 

“I will bring them myself, take everyone in helicopter first okay ? Don't abandon any of our member.” she said while wearing a bulletproof.

 

“What about you ?”

 

“I will find my way to get in Jeju, don't worry. With them.” she patted her shoulder and ran away.

 

Siyeon got into her car and sped up. Police cars were following her. She took the highway, then she drove in the urban area again. She crossed every red lights and avoided some cars. Police was still stick to her. She finally shook off the cops at the intersection. Siyeon could see the building from far away. It was a straight line, so she was in 110 km/h. Luckily no one was on her road. Few second later, she lowered the speed, but a car appeared in the same road as her, in front of. Siyeon changed the road, turned to the left, but the car in front of did the same. They will crashes together if they kept this speed. Siyeon was beeping the horn, she stopped it when she recognized the person. Jung Eunwoo. No one of them was lowered their speed anymore. They just kept it. Their cars were about to crash into until Siyeon changes it at last time. Her car scuffed with others violently. Siyeon took this chance to increase her speed towards the building. In the mirror, she saw the car turned and chasing hers. The member S arrived at the building, she opened the door and jumped out, letting her car crashing into the wall. Eunwoo’s car literally crashed into hers after that. Smoke and fire filled the all parking. Siyeon ran away from this area and was searching the entrance.

 

“Yah!! Are you running away from our fight ?!” Eunwoo provoked her. Siyeon didn't mind it, her friends life were in danger.

 

Siyeon hardly found the stairs, but Eunwoo was already waiting for her. “You're not familiar with this place, don't you ?”

 

“Aish… so annoying…” they started to take few step. Walking in circle. Until, Eunwoo trusted wicked knee shot in her ribs. Pain exploded in her chest as her ribs snap. The member S smashed her with her elbow and took out her pistol, pulling the trigger. Eunwoo laid on the ground as she also showed out her handgun. Bullets raking the walls, another gunfight had started even if they both had a bulletproof.






 

In the rooftop of the building, Jieqiong had shot twice on her enemy’s left arm. The latter couldn't felt it anymore or almost.

 

“Who are you ?” Nayoung asked her, still groaning in pain.

 

“You know, this man, Joo Min Hyuk, he’s my father.” Jieqiong confessed. Nayoung closed her eyes and cursed in her mind. “Yes, I’m the witness.”

 

“That’s why you never tell me your Korean name… M-mind to explain me ?” she was trying to speak. Jieqiong pushed the gun in .

 

“My father, he was a double agent. He had worked with Homicide service… oh you might already know this. Anyway, that day, when you chase him in the parking lot. I was sleeping in my car and then I heard you. With my own eyes, I just looked at you shooting at him, without moving.” Jieqiong was biting her lips. “So I couldn't hold this so that's why I shot at you.”

 

“Since when did you know it ? About our organization ?”

 

“When I shot at you, I still didn't know it. It was after that. My father left me a long long letter where he explain everything. So I just use his informations. Should I remind that I’m studying criminology ?” Nayoung tried to move her right hand but it wasn't enough to reach Jieqiong.

 

“Don't tell me… Minghao…”

 

“When I think of him, I really want to shoot at you… Well, after I shot at you, I ran away and hid myself behind cars. I was about to leave the parking but… I saw Minghao got out from the car and talking with you. At this time, I knew he was also part of them. I dated him for more a year, I had always known he hid me something but I think in any relationship, we can have secret so…”

 

“It was you ?” Nayoung asked. Jieqiong just shook her head.

 

“No… technically, yes but I didn't do it directly. I asked to Eunwoo this night.”

 

“When we see each other for the first time at the dessert shop, it was prepared, wasn't it ?”

 

“It wasn't easy. But finally I success. You were getting caught at your own game. Eunwoo helps me a lot in this project. But… more I let you alive, more she was attempted to betray me… I think she falls for you too, even if she pretend the contrary. How ironic…”

 

“You kill your own boyfriend, aren't you guilty ?!!”

 

“He killed my father too!” Jieqiong accidentally pulled the trigger and a bullet went to Nayoung’s chest. The latter started bleeding.

 

“I still can't believe it… so you are the revenge he talked about ?”

 

“Of course, but tell me. You already know the majority of information I give you right ? You know it… that today you will be like this… then why do you come here ?”

 

“I want to hear it from you directly.”

 

“My briefcase, I know you opened it…” Jieqiong dropped her gun, and started hitting the wounded girl chest. “I really don't understand why don't you kill me if you know it…”

 

“I didn't know it. Or I wasn't sure more exactly. But …” Nayoung choked. “So you're in homicide service, you're the one who try to catch me. I should return you the same question. It was you who was with Jun, right ? Why did you just pull the trigger right now and not before ?”

 

Jieqiong stopped hitting her chest.

 

“I also killed your father, so… kill me for good.” Nayoung said. Jieqiong didn't reply. “Do you know why I take this mission ?”

 

“Stop talking now.” she grabbed her gun again and aimed at her.

 

“Your dearest father make me orphan. You know I lost my parents at very young age. That's why I join the organization--”

 

“Shut up or I’ll really kill you!!!” she shot at her again.

 

“Just one more question.” Jieqiong hit her chest with the handgun again. “Your sweet words and actions, were you acting or … ?”

 

Jieqiong started to laugh. “In your opinion. I think I don't have to explain this.”

 

She stood up and cleaned herself. “It's still 10:30 p.m. I want to kill you at the right time 11:11. So I will wait. Anyway, my team is around so you can't escape from here.”

 

Nayoung kicked her leg and made her dropped the gun. She tried to reach it with her wounded left arm. Jieqiong grabbed it before her and smashed her face. Nayoung bled again. “What are you trying to do ?” The officer in front of her, wasn't the same as earlier.

 

Nayoung struggled as Jieqiong leaned on the barrier, far enough to the member S. “It's useless. You will just break your hand.”

 

Nayoung tried to sit up even if her chest hurt her too much. She leaned against the barrier, but something was weird. She doesn't shoot me at vital organ. Does she do it on purpose ? Or… is she really willing to keep me alive until 11:11 p.m…

 

The older was moving her right hand again. The mark of the handcuff was already like printed in her hand. She was struggling hard to take it off. Jieqiong, noticed it and came near to her. “Stop it, you are hurting yourself.”



 

~~


 

Sejeong was lying on the floor, as very wounded and bleeding as Chungha. The latter panting and managed to get up. Walking with limbs towards the stairs.

 

“Rapper…” she called her.

 

“What?” she asked back and took out her handgun again.

 

“Don't disturb them… please…”

 

“My friend is in danger. This friend of yours is quite dangerous, you know.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter