Signal

The Witness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12 - Signal

 

 

Somewhere in Seoul, an abandoned premise filled by crate. Two people masked, wearing both in back outfit arrived. Opposite of each other.

 

“Are you Jun ?” the girl asked.

 

The man, instead of reply, charges on her. She blocked his both hands. He used his strength and threw her aside, crashing into a dozen of crate. He jumped on her chest. The girl groaned in pain. He punched her in the throat before choking her with his left hand. She struggled as he took out his phone. He was calling someone, while the girl managed to grab a crate. It smashed in his face. He released her and dropped his phone. She bashed him again with the crate. He fell on the ground, face covered by blood. She stepped down and broke his leg. She couldn't breathe properly and removed her mask as the man crawled on his hand and knee. She threw a last crate on his body.

 

He stopped his moves. The girl was panting. Suddenly, she heard the strike of his phone. She grabbed it and turned it off. The main door was suddenly opened and revealed another girl. Her face was also hidden with mask. They looked at each other and she showed out her gun. The new girl was about to pull the trigger but she didn't and ran away.

 

The first girl, her back was hurting her, stood up and tried to track her. She quickly forgot this idea because the man came back to his sense. She quickly slugged him and he crawled again.

 

The police siren was heard by them. The girl tried to run fast and her heart was pounding.

 

 

 

~~

 

 

“Seriously?! Why did you attack him ?!” Chungha shouted at her while cleaning the wound on her friend’s back. “How did you contact him ?”

 

“I saw him yesterday at Eunwoo’s party.”

 

“How did he manage to make you in this condition ?”

 

“He literally threw me on a pile of crate in the former premise.” Chungha finished to patch her. “Then police arrived and I also saw another person.”

 

“Maybe another person who want to kill you. I will check the phone later and Kyla gave me this USB stick. She was right, it's your DNA.” Nayoung sighed and dressed herself.

 

“Don't you have mission today ?” Nayoung asked her.

 

“Masquerade ball.” her friend chuckled. It will be the first time for Chungha to go in this kind of event.

 

They walked into the main room with others. Their boss announced that one of them is dead, again. Police, of course, closed the case because it was a member S.

 

“Anyway, we’ll track them after the masquerade ball tonight. You have to prevent the marriage. You are not allowed to kill any people this time.”

 

 

 

 

Lunch time

 

 

 

Doyeon was whining like a child and dragged them inside Subway fast food. Nayoung and Chungha just bought one but her friend was able to eat three.

 

“Don't eat too much. After that, we have to make a plan.” Chungha pushed the sandwich away.

 

“Anyway, I heard police will be there too.” Nayoung interrupted them.

 

“The guy named Jung JiHoon, the heir of the JK Bank called them for protection because it’s a masquerade ball. We couldn’t see other face.” Doyeon explained and managed to take Chungha’s lunch.

 

“Who got this idea ?”

 

“His future wife of course. I heard she’s like a little princess.” Chungha said after slapping Doyeon. “Okay we finish, let's go.”

 

They were cleaning their lunch and were about to leave. Suddenly, Nayoung turned back and put her hood. Chungha noticed Jieqiong commanding in the counter. Doyeon was already out of the restaurant, waving to them to get out.

 

Chungha hid Nayoung beside her so Jieqiong won’t see her. When they walked beside her, Chungha was attempted to push the Chinese girl but she really did it.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry Miss.” Chungha fake her smile.

 

“Don’t apologize.” Jieqiong replied with a smile, fake smile?

 

Once they were out, Nayeon dragged them away from the fast food and removed her hood. “Chungha!”

 

“Why ? You should thank me ! It was obvious you were avoiding her!” she exclaimed. “What happen between you and her ?!”

 

“Why are you so sensitive about that ?!” Nayoung asked back.

 

“I have to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter