Misunderstand

The Witness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3 - Misunderstand

 

 

At the police station, cops were getting crazy about the case unsolved. The testimony of her girlfriend wasn't enough. They even watching the video surveillance of the parking but they couldn't recognize the person. When Nayoung arrived there, Jieqiong immediately walked to her, crying in her arms. The agent wasn't prepared for that. She cleared and made the crying girl back to her sense. 

“I'm sorry…” she sobbed. 

“Let's sit.” Nayoung pushed her on the chair and giving her tissue. 

Then a voice behind her made her turn back. It was Eunwoo again. She was talking with policemen. What is she doing here ? I'm confused. 

“Do you already have dinner ?” Nayoung was asking that instead of worrying about Jieqiong.

“N-Not yet.” Nayoung pulled her outside of the police station. The truth was she didn't want Eunwoo see her and she was also starving. It was a good opportunity to get some information from Jieqiong too. They walked in the nearest restaurant. Nayoung asked for a private room. 

 

“Choose whatever you want. And let's have a talk.” she told her and pointing food to the waiter. 

“I’ll choose the same as you then.” the waiter closed the door behind him. 

“Tell me, what happen.” the girl started crying again and closed her eyes. Nayoung couldn't look at her. She felt so pain. Our stone was also affected by the death of her friend but she had to find out the murder. The girl changed her place and sat beside her. Jieqiong leaned on her shoulder.

“He drove me to my place.” 

“...” Nayoung was listening carefully.

“He was about to force me to kiss him a-and”

“...”

“He fell on me, t-t-then I-I saw him b-bleeding. Behind him, it was a man holding a gun, pointing at me. I thought I’ll die too but someone, Eunwoo, shouted and he left.” 

“...”

“Before he left, he said that we should stop chasing him before it's too late.” 

“...” 

“When police came, Minghao was already dead. Any doctor could save him.” she cried again on my arms. 

Are you serious ? Should I trust her ? I have to steal some documents at the police station. Nayoung was lost in her thought, she didn't notice her phone ringing. Jieqiong was tugging her sleeve to make her back reality.

“Your phone.” Nayoung thanked before answered it. The first thing she heard it was her friend shouting. She excused herself and went to the balcony to have some privacy.

“I’m with her.” 

“His girlfriend ? Kill her then. We don't know what she can do.” 

“I think there's someone else. Firstly, we have to collect all information the police get about Minghao.” 

“The boss told us the same. Chungha’s team are on the way. The boss also told you to keep an eye on the Chinese or kill her.” 

“Okay.” she hang up and saw the food coming. 

Nayoung took her place back, across Jieqiong who seemed feel better than earlier. They just enjoyed the dinner without talking, especially this topic. Nayoung will follow the order. After that, she walked her back home. But on the way, she felt someone tugged her arm. 

 

 

“I don't want to go home...” Jieqiong stopped walking and looked at her. 

“Should we book a hostel ?” the agent suggested but the girl didn't look convinced by the idea. 

“C-can I sleep in yours ?” she shyly asked her with her puppy eyes. Nayoung blinked her eyes and was about to lose her mind.

“I- hum. I live at the campus…” she half-lied. She do had her own house but she didn't want Jieqiong discovered it. At the campus, she never slept there but she had a room with her name. Chungha used it s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter