Ceremony

The Witness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5 - Ceremony

 

 

 

Nayoung drove towards Jieqiong’s place.

 

“How did you find my place ?” Jieqiong wasn't dressed, still in her pyjama.

 

“You won't go to the ceremony?” Nayoung asked her back. Jieqiong opened the door for her and disappeared in her room.

 

While waiting for her, Nayoung was looking at her place. The dishes wasn't wash yet, magazines were all on the sofa. She rolled up her sleeves and decided to help her.

 

Am I too kind with her ? I think I am.

 

 

“Yah, what did you do to my house ?” Jieqiong finally showed out, well dressed. Nayoung didn't listen but was only staring at her.

 

“I thought you haven't time so I just help you. You should be thankful.” Nayoung cleared and got her shoes. Jieqiong was smirking at her but it was turn into sad one quickly.

 

“I have something to tell you after we finish this.” Jieqiong told her before headed to the ceremony.

 

When they were arrived, Nayoung recognized some of her workmates. But she acted like she didn't know them because of Jieqiong.

 

“Wait me outside, I have something to do.” Nayoung gave her car key to Jieqiong. The latter just nodded.

 

Nayoung was staring at her ex-workmate/friend’s picture and sighed. I will find it, but I’m pretty sure it was her… I wonder how could you date her? You know that your girl dare to flirt with me ? Is really her way to relax? You should have told me…

 

 

 

 

 

 

Someone tapped her shoulder and turned around. “Are you alright ?”

 

“Of course.” Chungha gave her a quick hug. She pinched her cheek. “Thanks for being here.”

 

Few minutes later, plenty of policemen entered and blocked the exit. “Stop moving! We have to check all people inside this room.”

 

Suddenly, Nayoung was dragged by a girl who had a police badge. She tried to push her away but before she could do, she recognized Eunwoo.

 

“Follow me if you want to be alive.” she pulled her in a long corridor. Then, they were standing in front of a door.

 

“What are you doing ?” Nayoung asked her. “Why don't you tell me that you are one of them ?”

 

“I'm sorry but we don't have time, escape from there.”

 

“And others ? What will happen to them ?”

 

“It’s just a control, don't worry.”

 

“Then why do you help me ?”

 

“I see someone walking there.” a man voice shouted. Eunwoo opened the door and pushed Nayoung outside. It was an exit door. When she turned around, the door was already closed. After that, she heard a horn. Jieqiong waved her hand to tell to get in quickly.

 

“I'm sorry. But policeman told me to leave so…”

 

“It's fine. Thanks.”

 

“But what happen inside ?” she stopped the car to exchange their place.

 

“Nothing important don't worry.”

“So what do you want to tell me ?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I'm thankful to you. The few moment we had together…”

 

“It's okay. What is the only thing you want to tell me ? ”

 

“You know… I have my ways to relax when I don't want to think about something…”

 

“I noticed it but you shouldn’t. Usually people just give into alcohol but flirting….”

 

“Don't misunderstand.”

 

“I’m not.”

 

“Then it's fine.”

 

 

 

 

 

"..." Nayoung was focused on the road then she notice something in the girl's hand. It looks like a ticket? Should I ask her ?

The horn of behind woke her up from her mind.

"You want to go to cinema ?" she asked her. Nayoung remembered that Minghao one time asked her to buy cinema ticket for a romance comedy.

"He bought me this but we didn't have time to see it...." she chuckled and looked away.

"Then let's go."

Once we got there, she regretted it too much. How could he watch this… maybe it was just to spare time with her but … I know he couldn't stand it too.

 

She glanced at the younger and she seemed watching this very seriously.

 

The two characters were kissing each other, but it made her cry. The older immediately took out tissues for her. It's just a kiss…

 

“Don't cry, you shouldn't.” she whispered to her ear and put her arm around her shoulder.

 

“I never share a kiss with him.” She mumbled and kept her eyes on the screen while leaning on the older’s neck.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter