Day 3: When Everything Gets Better...

100: How Long Will it Last?

The audition day came and Seohyun felt the same feeling when they entered the classroom for the first time.

"Ah, Seohyun-ah, is this what you felt during the first day of classes?" Tiffany asked who was also nervous for the audition.

"Jeongmal. This is what I felt then but it's more nerve-wrecking this time." Seohyun shrugged.

"I feel like I want to back out." Kyuhyun said but Leeteuk patted him and said, "YA! Don't leave me! We need to be in this musical, okay?"

"Annyeonghaseyo! I'm glad all of you came." Taeyeon greeted the four of them.

"Come inside, the other applicants are seated already. Just sit where you like and....good luck!" Taeyeon gave them a cheerful smile and hurriedly went to the back stage to check if everything's set.

Unknowingly, Leeteuk said, "She's so beautiful." after realizing he said that, he covers his mouth. Luckily everyone was so nervous that nobody cared.

Taeyeon went out from the back stage onto the front door to lock the door. As she was about to close it someone stopped her.

"Wait! I'm going to audition!" Taeyeon was shocked to see that it was none other than Yonghwa.

Taeyeon re-opened the door and said, "Please go inside. The other applicants are seated already."

Yonghwa walked inside and as soon as the crowd noticed him, they talked to their friends, questioning Yonghwa's presence.

"Is that really Yonghwa? He never auditioned nor performed for these kind of things!" Tiffany wondered.

"Quiet please! We're about to start the audition." Taeyeon shouted to make sure everybody heard her.

And there was a complete silence.

"Please remember that if you want to get the lead role, you must show not only your vocal skills but also your dancing skills and also a bit of acting since it's a musical." Taeyeon said.

The audition started and the judges frankly gave them a yes or no.

"Next! Lee Sunny!" Taeyeon said, who wished Sunny's voice will crack.

"Annyeonghaseyo! Lee Sunny imnida! I'm going to sing Sunny." Sunny confidently said and sets her stage.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cheers from the crowd were heard after her performance. It was one of the best performance so far.

"Ah, jeongmal. Sunny did a great job!" Tiffany exclaimed.

The judges talked and Taeyeon announced the result, "Sunny, you made it. Congratulations."

Sunny just smiled for she was confident about it. Taeyeon got pissed about her reaction.

"Hwang Tiffany, next!" Taeyeon shouted. Tiffany got up, getting nervous than ever.

"Fany-ah~ good luck!" Seohyun cheered her.

Tiffany nervously said, "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Tiffany and I'll be singing Umbrella."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The crowd cheered louder than ever! Tiffany was shocked by how the people loved her performance. Taeyeon was completely happy thinking that Tiffany was better than Sunny.

After the judges talked, Taeyeon happily announced, "Tiffany, you made it! Congratulations!"

Tiffany who was shocked to know that she passed, jumped for joy. On the other hand, Sunny groaned thinking that Tiffany is a competition.

"Next up, Kyuhyun!" Taeyeon announced.

"Fighting!" Seohyun smiled, cheering him. Kyuhyun was delighted to see Seohyun's smile and that added to his confidence.

Kyuhyun went up to the stage and greeted, "Annyeonghaseyo. I'll be singing Listen to you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The girls from the crowd fell in love with him for his wonderful voice.

Finally, after the judges discussed, Taeyeon smiled again and said, "Kyuhyun, you passed! Congratulations!"

The crowd cheered and Kyuhyun was so happy and then he immediately looked at Seohyun who congratulated him.

"Seohyun, you're next!" Taeyeon said.

Seohyun calmly went up to the stage. Yonghwa and Kyuhyun was focused more than ever.

"Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Kwon Seohyun and I'll be singing Sixteen Going on Seventeen." Seohyun said, hiding her nervousness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The audience gave her a standing ovation for her performance...even the judges!

The judges were discussing and Taeyeon was a bit sad, "I'm sorry Seohyun but you did not..." the audience suddenly stopped cheering and is more focused on the announcement. Sunny, upon hearing that, seemed happier. "...you did not fail! Congratulations! You made it!" Taeyeon ended her statement and the crowd cheered for Seohyun again.

Taeyeon announced the last applicant, "Jung Yonghwa, you're next!"

The crowd immediately focused their attention to Yonghwa.

"I'll be singing Girl." Yonghwa said without even telling his name.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The audience applauded him and so did the judges.

"You passed. Congratulations!" Taeyeon announced. 

Yonghwa left the auditorium. The people who made it were happy and some who failed cried.

"Jeongmal. 3 of us passed! ♥" Tiffany exclaimed.

"I know right. Who thought we will?" Kyuhyun said.

"No one. No one thought you'll pass." Sunny butts in.

She added, "Congratulations. You'll be part of the musical. But don't expect to get the lead role 'cause it's already reserved."

"Reserved? To whom? To you? Oh puh-lease..we did better than you." Tiffany replied.

Sunny, getting irritated, left the 3 of them.

"And by the way, if you're going to wear a skirt, make sure you wear shorts inside." Seohyun told Sunny.

Sunny who was in shock ran away from them.

"HAHA! Seohyun-ah! That was daebak!" Tiffany said.

"She wasn't really wearing any!" Seohyun said who didn't mean to embarassed Sunny.

"HEY! LEETEUK! WHY DIDN'T YOU AUDITION?" Kyuhyun grabbed Leeteruk's shirt.

"I told Taeyeon that I'll be helping in the bakcstage production." Leeteuk explained.

Kyuhyun, not letting go of him, asked, "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!!!"

"I thought you really wanted to audition? That's fine, at least you'll be working with Sss--" Kyuhyun stopped Leeteuk from talking.

"That's enough! Fany, Seohyun, we'll go home now..annyeong!" And the two of them left.

"Seohyun-ah, you should go to Yuri unnie now. I'll be meeting Jessica unnie too so we can go home. Annyeong! Take care!" Tiffany said.

"Okay. Annyeong!" Seohyun replied. And the two of them separated.

Seohyun was walking towards the faculty room. Yuri walked towards her.

"Seohyun-ah, please wait for me at the cafe outside, I'll be there in a few minutes, okay?" Yuri left without waiting for her sister to answer.

Seohyun went to the cafe, like what her sister asked her. She ordered a goguma latte and sat on a table for two people.

Seohyun was drinking when somebody greeted her.

"Annyeonghaseyo." Yonghwa said to her.

Seohyun, who was shocked by Yonghwa's sudden appearance greeted back, "Annyeonghaseyo."

"Can I sit here?" Yonghwa asked.

"Oh...sure." Seohyun asnwered yes for she can never say no.

Yonghwa sat and tried to make a conversation.

"Uh..uhm..are you..uhm..wait...for..some..are you waiting for someone?" He nervously asked.

Seohyun casually replied, "Yes, I'm waiting for my sister. She's a professor in our university."

"Oh, jeongmal? I'm waiting for my brother who is also a professor here." Yonghwa said. 

They both smiled about the great coincidence.

"Your brother is our professor in Music, right? He's great." Seohyun praised his brother.

"Oh? Really? I'll tell him that." Yonghwa replied.

The two of them comfortably talked to each other. When Yonghwa started to talk seriously.

"You know, I've never talked like this to a girl. You seemed different among the others." He said.

"Really? Well, except for Kyuhyun who's my friend since childhood, you're the first one too." Seohyun replied.

They were enjoying each other's company when Yuri & Minho entered the cafe.

"Seohyun-ah!" "Hey, Yonghwa!" Yuri and Minho called them at the same time. 

"Oh, so that's Seohyun?" Minho asked Yuri.

"Yes. And that's Yonghwa? What a small world." Yuri replied. The two of them walked towards Seohyun & Yonghwa.

"Unnie, this is..." Seohyun was trying to introduce Yonghwa but Yuri already know him.

"I know him. He's Yonghwa." Yuri laughed. "What a coincidece that you two are classmates."

"We should get going." Minho told Yonghwa.

"We're about to go already too. See you tomorrow." Yuri said. And both went on separate ways.

"You never told me you have a friend named Yonghwa." Yuri said, disappointed to Seohyun for she thought Seohyun always tells her everything.

"I just know him. It's the first time we talked that long actually." Seohyun explained to her unnie.

"Oh? Is that so? Is he nice?" Yuri asked.

"Yeah, but Kyuhyun & Tiffany doesn't like his attitude." Seohyun answered and then added, "He's a bit stubborn but he's nice."