Day 8: Back to Square One

100: How Long Will it Last?

"Seohyun~ah...I excused you and Yonghwa in your class. I need you guys to start practicing for the musical. We don't even have a song yet that's originally made for the two of you. So I was planning on making...." Taeyeon was saying something to Seohyun when..

"There's no need." Yonghwa interrupted their conversation.

"What do you mean there's no need? We need to start working on it!" Taeyeon said..who was slightly annoyed by Yonghwa's answer.

Yonghwa smiled, "There's no need because we already have a song that we made."

Taeyeon was surprised. "Is that true, Seohyun? You already made a song?"

"Well, we had this assignment in Music so we made a song." Seohyun said.

Upon hearing that, Taeyeon was delighted for it won't take much of their time since they already have a song. "That's great! Totally great! I'll meet the two of you later at the auditorium. Go to your class first then I'll go directly there and excuse both of you. Then, I want to hear the two of you sing it to me. Okay? Gotta go!"

And the two of them were left.

*cough* *cough*

"Omooo~ are you okay?" Seohyun worried.

"Yes, I'm okay..." Yonghwa said.

"It's my fault. You should've went straight to your home..."

"It's okay..it's not like it won't rain if I didn't bring you home..."

Seohyun smiled and said, "Thanks again."

"No prob." Yonghwa smiled back.

The two walked together awkwardly. Yonghwa can't take it anymore. He carefully asked Seohyun, "About yesterday..."

Seohyun stopped walking. She blushed and then answered, "Everything I said was true. But, it's not yet the right time. Too many things happened but only a week passed and we barely know something about each other..well..we kinda talked about it already but you know..."

Yonghwa looked at her and said, "It's okay, I understand." *smiles* "Let's go to our classroom now."

---

"Oh, look who we have here. On the right, Yonghwa oppa and on the left is the girl who acts innocent but actually likes flirting with guys."

Shinhye said it out loud in front of the whole class. 

"YA! SHINHYE!" Yonghwa furiously shouted at her.

Seohyun, who was embarrassed by what Shinhye said to her, went out of the classroom...running away.

"Seohyun~ah!" Yonghwa called her but she didn't stop.

"See? That's what happens when you try to get close to someone..he or she will just get hurt. LEAVE HER ALONE!" Kyuhyun said to Yonghwa before following Seohyun.

Yonghwa went to Shinhye and said, "If something happens to her, I won't be able to forgive you." He was about to follow Seohyun too when somebody held his hand.

"No, don't follow her. I don't think it's a great idea for you to follow her at this moment. Let Kyuhyun talk to you." Tiffany said to him.

---

"Seohyun~ah! Wait!" Kyuhyun was trying to stop her. Seohyun didn't stop. Kyuhyun ran as fast as he can.

"Seohyun~ah..." He was able to grab Seohyun's hands.

In tears, Seohyun said, "What is it that I have done wrong?"

"You didn't do anything wrong."

"But, why is everyone mad at me? Why can't I be happy?"

"It's not true, Seohyun. You know that."

Seohyun was able to calm down and sat on the nearest bench. "Is it bad for Yonghwa and I to be friends?"

In all honesty, Kyuhyun said, "It's not really bad. It's just that..maybe..it'll be hard for the both of you to have a smooth sailing relationship."

Seohyun stood and said, "Maybe you're right..." She walked and didn't notice she's already outside the campus.

"Ya! Seohyun! Where are you going?"

"I don't know..." Seohyun walked slowly, not knowing where she's going.

Kyuhyun followed her, grabbing her hands.

"WHY?!!!" Seohyun shouted. "WHY IS IT SO HARD FOR US TO BE TOGETHER?" *cries*

"Seohyun~ah..."

Seohyun removed his hands and said, "I thought I've finally met the perfect match for me. I thought we can be together. WHY CAN'T WE BE TOGETHER? WHY NOW WHEN I'VE ALREADY FALLEN FOR HIM?" *cries*

Kyuhyun was trying to grab Seohyun's hands again but..

"DON'T. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE."

"Seohyun~ah..please..let's go back."

"I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!" Seohyun ran accross the street.

"SEOHYUN!!! THERE'S A CAR!!!"

*BEEP* *BEEP* 

"AAAAAAAH!!!!"

---

"Seohyun, are you okay?"

Seohyun opened her eyes and saw Yuri, Tiffany and Kyuhyun beside her bed.

"Wh-What happened?"

Tiffany elbowed Kyuhyun but he hesitated. Yuri stepped up and said, "Yonghwa saved you."

Seohyun was surprised. "Yonghwa? B-but, where is he?"

"He's on the on the other room. Both of you suffered from an injury."

Seohyun can't hold back her tears, "Is..is he okay? Can I visit him?"

"The doctor said you can't leave here...you need to rest."

"BUT I WANT TO SEE HIM!"

"PLEASE! LISTEN TO ME EVEN JUST THIS TIME!" Yuri said to her. "You don't know how worried I am for you. I can't afford to lose another family member. So can you please obey me?" Yuri walked out of the room.

---Meanwhile in the campus---

"Shinhye!!!" Hyoyeon hurriedly called her.

"What is it?"

"You didn't hear the news?"

Shinhye was confused, "What news?"

"Seohyun and Yonghwa's injured because of a car accident. They said Seohyun didn't see the car coming so Yonghwa saved her."

Shinhye was shocked by what Hyoyeon told her. "A-a-are you sure about this?"

"YES! SOME STUDENTS SAW THEM!"

Shinhye tried to hide her feelings, "I don't care. It's a pity but it's their fault anyways."

"You've really changed, Shinhye. How can you not care when it's probably your fault?"

Shinhye stood and looked at her. "I didn't do anything wrong! And if it's anybody's fault, it's Seohyun's!" She was about to left when she looked at Hyoyeon and said, "Judge me again and you're out of my league!"

"Don't worry, I'm already out of your so-called 'league' just now." Hyoyeon left her.

---

Tiffany visited Yonghwa's room at the hospital.

"Are you okay?"

Yonghwa was startled. "Oh, annyeong! Yes, I'm okay. Just a little injury...that's all." Yonghwa tried to sit, "Aw!"

"Looks like you're not okay."

Yonghwa nodded, "Well, yes."

"Thank you...really."

"For what?" Yonghwa asked.

"For saving Seohyun. If you didn't, I don't know what might have happened to her."

"You don't need to thank me. I wanted to do that." *smiles* "Anyways, is she okay?"

Tiffany said, "Yes, just a minor injury."

"Oh my gosh.." Yonghwa sighed "That's a relief."

"You really love her, don't you?" Tiffany asked him. Yonghwa was unable to respond.

Tiffany laughed. "How can someone like Jung Yonghwa be so shy?" *laughs* "Now that I think about it, I think you guys are a match made in heaven. I'm sorry if I judged you wrongly before. But now, I think you'll take care of Seohyun very well."

Yonghwa smiled and said, "I'll do everything that I can to ensure that she's safe."

"I'm glad to know that. Anyways, I should go back to Seohyun's room. She just wanted me to check on you. She might worry if I stay any longer."

"Yes you're right. Thanks for dropping by. Tell her to recover quickly."

---

"He said you should try to recover as fast as you can." Tiffany said to Seohyun.

"Is he okay?"

"He's doing fine. Don't worry too much about him."

"How can't I when he saved me?"

"HE'S OKAY SEOHYUN. YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY."

"Can't I really go to his room? I want to say something to him."

Tiffany's annoyed by Seohyun's determination to leave her room. "Aish, Yuri unnie said so!"

"Please! Just this once! It's really important! After this, I won't bother you anymore." Seohyun insisted.

Tiffany sighed, "Just this once okay? Aigooo~ Yuri unnie will be mad at me."

---

"Yonghwa~"

"Oh, Tiffany, why did you come back? Did you left something?"

"I need to tell you something." Seohyun entered the room.

"Oh, Seohyun~ah! Are you okay?" AAAAH!" Yonghwa tried to sit again, but ended up failing.

"Omoo~ are you okay?" Seohyun worried.

"I'm okay...just a back pain. Anyways, what do you need to tell me?"

Seohyun looked at Tiffany, "Fany~ah, can you leave us for a while?"

Tiffany nodded and left.

"So, what is it?" Yonghwa asked her.

"I'm sorry if you suffered because of what I've done." Seohyun apologized to Yonghwa.

"What are you saying? It's not your fault!"

"It is! That's why I'm here...I wanted to tell you that..."

"That what?" Yonghwa felt nervous by what might Seohyun say.

Seohyun felt uneasy, knowing that it'll be hard for the both of them.

"We can't continue being like this."

Yonghwa wasn't able to comprehend, "What do you mean?"

"Us. We can't hangout with each other anymore."

"What are you trying to say? WHY?"

"I can't take it anymore. It's a burden for the both of us. I'm having a hard time."

"YOU SAID YOU ALSO LIKE ME?" Yonghwa shouted.

Seohyun can't look at him directly, "I'm sorry, it's because of the atmosphere that time. I misjudge my feelings for you. I don't really like you."

Yonghwa heart broke apart, "What are you actually saying? That you lied to me? You're making me feel dumb right now."

"I'm sorry." Seohyun's looked downwards. "It's my fault. I misunderstood my feelings and thought that I liked you."

"Is it because of Shinhye?" Yonghwa asked her.

Seohyun felt uneasy even more but said, "No, it's me. I'm the one who's to blame."

"SEOHYUN~AH!" 

"I'm sorry. I don't know what happened to me. So that it won't be uncomfortable for the both of us, I'll leave the musical. And we're already done with Music so there's no problem. Let's just take everything like before when we barely know each other." Seohyun stood up and was about to leave.

"By the way.." She added, "Thank you for saving my life. I'll be more careful next time."

And then she left the room. Seohyun went back to her room. Tiffany followed her.

"What did you say to him?" Tiffany asked.

"Not now, Fany."

"I just want to..."

"I SAID NOT NOW!" Seohyun shouted. "I'm sorry. I need to rest now, go home. I'm tired."