Please...

The Silence of Friends

[Not in Chaeyoung's coma, not Chaeyoung's POV]

Chaeyoung ah~ please wake up..

I don't want to see you like this..

It's so heartbreaking, Chaeyoung..

We all still need you..

Our heart being fragile after seeing you like this.

Your shine is slowly fading away..

But we promised it won't go away forever..

Chaeyoung, please stay strong..

Chaeyoung, thank you for protecting us..

Chaeyoung, the gang is now totally different..

Without you, everything changed in just a blink of an eye..

Come back, Chaeyoung.

All the member sad knowing bad news about Chaeyoung. Doctor said that her chance to wake up again only 50-50. They can't promise anything but they promised to do the best for Chaeyoung.

"Chaeyoung probably don't want to see us like this," Jungyeon who is leaning at the room hospital wall said.

She know that her gang were sad with what happened to Chaeyoung but she don't want her gang to be weak. If Chaeyoung here, she will also feel the same.

Now, it's been a week and we can't see any improvement in Chaeyoung. She's still like that, laying hopelessly at her hospital bed. Start from the day she admitted to the hospital, her body didn't gave us any response to show she is still alive. Even her fingers not moving.

"Yes, i know. But i can't hold my sadness, Jungyeon," Nayeon who is currently holding Chaeyoung's hand said with a hope she will wake up or give them any sign to show that she is now fighting to be alive.

"Chaeyoung.. comeback.. we all missed you," Jihyo said with her crack voice.

"Guys, be strong. I don't want Chaeyoung to see you guys puffy eyes bcs you guys crying all night. I am sad too but i bet Chaeyoung don't want us to be this weak. You guys lost your appetite, not having enough sleep, talk less worries more... and you guys think Chaeyoung will be happy to see you guys like this? Ofc not. If you guys want her to fighting for her life, why don't you guys fighting together with her?" Jungyeon said.

She said like that not because she not even care about Chaeyoung but she also scared that the others might have other sickness with their conditions like this. She don't want anyone else to get sick.

"What do you mean fighting together with her?" Momo ask. Her eyes were almost can't be seen bcs of her puffy eyes.

"I mean you guys must be strong so that Chaeyoung can be strong too. Give hope at her. Who knows that she is now hearing all things that we said. It's not impossible for people in coma to hear what we said, am i right? Myb she always hear you guys tears, losing appetite and more make her feel even sad and weak? Don't you guys think like that? It's not impossible for her to hear what we said," Jungyeon said.

Everyone look at Jungyeon. Jungyeon's eyes can tell that she is angry now. None of them feeling want to fight back with what Jungyeon just said. However, all of them thinks that Jungyeon is right. Yes, it's not impossible for those in coma can heard what we said. Everyone stayed silent for a minute for getting themselves courage to be strong for Chaeyoung. They all stay silent, don't know what to reply.

"Nayeon unnie. It's time for your check-up," Mina said, alerting the eldest about her appointment today at the same hospital; second floor.

Yup, the pain attacked Nayeon last week when they were still fighting with those strangers.

Throwback

After they threw Chaeyoung out from the treehouse, Nayeon got really shocked and mad. She made a decision without thinking twice. She took a flower pot and threw it to the gun guy. Before the gun guy vision goes blurred, he had a one shot towards Nayeon.

Gladly, the bullet was just a waste. The shot was just near Nayeon and almost hit Nayeon. By that, Nayeon got really shock and the pain attacked her. Seeing her like that, the four other guys was afraid that they think Nayeon going to die. They came there to bring Sana and Momo to their boss and didn't mean to kill anyone. To make them innocent, they help the gun man up and ran away.

After they ran away, the gang were in panicked with what just happened to Chaeyoung and Nayeon. Jihyo, Jungyeon and Sana took an action to help Nayeon while others help Chaeyoung. They all brought them both to the hospital before the two conditions getting worse.

Chaeyoung has been admitted to the ICU until now. Same as Nayeon but Nayeon's condition shown much improvement. So, the doctor suggest her for only do a check-up three time a week for a month.

Present

"Chaeyoung-ah. I will go for my check-up. I will try to be strong. Okay, Chaeyoung? I love you. I will be back," Nayeon whisper at the freeze body's ear hoping that she heard it. She kiss Chaeyoung's cheek and stare at her face until she feel satisfied. "I will go for the check-up now."

"Let me accompany you." Jungyeon offering herself. Nayeon just nod. They both left to the second floor.

"I think.. what Jungyeon said is true," Momo said in slow voice but still can be heard by all of them in the room.

Everyone is speechless. A few sigh can heard from them. Tzuyu look at Chaeyoung helplessly. She blame herself bcs she could not protect Chaeyoung. If she lost Chaeyoung, she don't have anyone more to be crazy with, cuddle, sharing problems and more. Yes, she still have the gang but Chaeyoung and the gang is different for her. She put Chaeyoung number 1. She come closer to Chaeyoung and whisper something to her.

"Did you hear this Chaeyoung? I hope you do. Your parents just get back from visiting you. They have something to do with the policies for helping with their investigation. Stay strong, Chaeyoung. Please don't go yet. I still need you. We promised that we will fight for each other until our last breath, right? So that's mean we will be die together. Chaeyoung..." Tzuyu whisper to Chaeyoung.

Dahyun who are just standing a few step away from Tzuyu heard it all. The few last sentences Tzuyu said to Chaeyoung make her feel sad. No one can stop their relationship as cousin. People said, blood is thicker than water.

After two hours waiting for Chaeyoung with hope, Nayeon finished with her check-up. They decided to get back home. Except for Tzuyu. She wants to stay with Chaeyoung until Chaeyoung open her eyes. She wants to protect Chaeyoung if something happened. No one knows what will happen next, right? They all agreed and they left Chaeyoung with Tzuyu.

Tzuyu believe that Chaeyoung is fighting with all her might in her coma. She really hope that this smol bean would wake up in her arms. The moment when the doctor said that her life is on risk, it's been effected to Tzuyu too. She feels that she lives for nothing if Chaeyoung not survive with her coma.

Tzuyu take a chair and put it next to Chaeyoung's bed. She play with Chaeyoung's cold hand. How she miss this hand to hold her when she almost going down.

'Chaeyoung -ah. Your hand. Your hand is so cold. Are you cold right now? How are you there? What are you doing with your second world now? Are you fine there? You need my help? I wish i was with you now in your second world.' Tzuyu's little heart saying.

Slowly her tears flowing down her cheeks and neck. She rub Chaeyoung's hair. She remember their old childhood day. They likes to comb each other hair. Tzuyu make near to Chaeyoung's ear.

"Chaeyoung-ah. I am bored right now. How i wish i can hear your no-jam jokes again. You know what? Our gang life now is totally opposite when they seeing you like this. Chaeyoung. I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry.. i could not protect you. Im such a fool. I am useless."

Her tears can make the bucket full by now. She hits her chest hardly. She feels that it was all her fault.

"Chaeyoung-ah... can you hear me? You know what? Our gang lost their appetite. Their sleep is unmanageable. Same as me. We all think about you in each second. Your name is in our pray. Chaeyoung.. fighting please. You know that i need you in my life. I don't have my parents anymore. You are the only one my family that I'm being hold into. You're my sunshine. You're my smol bean. You were there whenever i need you. Nayeon unnie's unknown disease attacked her that time. Jihyo unnie's chess board is now full of dust. The pieces not even move even one move. The board is waiting for you as well. The notation book is also waiting for you for the new game with Jihyo unnie. I hope you are not having amnesia after you wake up. Even if you having amnesia, i will not give up to make you remember all things again. Even it will take 1001 years. I will not give up. Chaeyoung, i willingly to exchange our body. I willing to feel your pain. You know what? The time they threw you out from our treehouse, half of my life feel like has been taken away together with you. Myb more then half? Or it can also can be all of my life feel like has been thrown together with you. Your parents are now didn't get to sleep well too. They really want to catch who did this to us. Chaeyoung.." Tzuyu said in between her cry.

She then landed her lips on Chaeyoung's cheek. Her missed towards Chaeyoung can't get to relate with anything. Her sobbing is getting louder and harder.

"I am alone in the class. I am scared. Our classmates and teachers keep asking me where are you at. I couldn't even utter any words to them. When i heard your name, i feel like something is strange and it's making me feel like I'm going to cry. Bcs half of me has been taken away together with you. I love you. We love you."

Tzuyu then laid her head on the bed side and put Chaeyoung's hand on her cheek, feeling it like Chaeyoung is holding her cheek and wipe her tears and comfort her. She missed the times Chaeyoung did that to her. It's different now. Chaeyoung hand not moving. Not wiping her tears. Not even comforting her. She really missed all that even it's just been a week.

"It's been a week, Chaeyoung. But i feel it has been like 1001 years. When will you wake up? When will you end your second world? Hear me Chaeyoung? If your second world not going well, stay strong. Fight them! How i wish i were there together with you. Chaeyoung, if you hear me, I'm begging you to give me any sign."

Tzuyu keep letting all out from her heart to Chaeyoung. She can't keep it anymore. Before she fell asleep next to Chaeyoung, her last sentence for Chaeyoung were '... rainbows after rain. Stay strong. I loves you.'

Smol bean, you've fight for us.

Thank you, shortie.

We are sorry that we can't protect you that time.

After you wake up, we promised to take care of you well.

We will never stop hoping that you will wake up.

We will try to be strong.

You too.

You must be strong.

Please Chaeyoung. Everyone is waiting for you.

We love you so much.

Sorry, Chaeyoung.

It's our fault.

When we found those guys, we will definitely beat them up bcs making you like this.

It's hurt us so much, Chaeyoung.

Wake up, please...