Am i dying?

The Silence of Friends

As usual, i am the baby for this family. We are playing family roles happily. I hate being baby but I've got no choice. I want to be happy together with them. Even if i hate being baby in this game, But slowly the hate is sinking away when we play happily. The hate becomes happiness. Sometimes, it's make me feel that I'm the luckiest person to have them.

"Yah! Where did you go after school? Why did you come home late?" Jungyeon as a dad scold Sana and Mina. Looks like Jungyeon is teasing Tzuyu and I about earlier.

"We just go to meet our friend, dad..." Sana reply on behalf for Mina.

"Don't you know how to tell me first?!" Jungyeon pretend to be angry. Trying to repeat back what Momo said when they scold us earlier.

Jungyeon's hand rise in the air ready to slap them both. I pretend to cry. Tzuyu pretend to be scared and run to the house corner. Dahyun pretend to make me calm. While Nayeon and Momo trying to stop Jungyeon.

"I don't trust you guys!!" Jungyeon shout at them. Her hand is now almost hit Sana's face. But someone stop her hand before it land to her face.

Even if no one stop it, Jungyeon will not slap Sana for real.

"No, dear! This is not the right way to scold them!" Mommy Momo defense for her daughters.

"Yes. Why don't you discuss with them first? I know it's their fault not telling you but don't get angry until you want to slap them. They are safe though," Nayeon as the grandma also defending her grandchildren.

Suddenly, Jungyeon start to cry for real. We don't know why. We stop acting what we act in family roles. Why did she suddenly cry? Nayeon go to her and pat her back. We all gather around her. She's not a type of person that easy to cry.

"Did i say.... something wrong?" Nayeon ask Jungyeon.

"It's not like that..." Jungyeon said in her weak voice. Momo come near her and wipe her tears with tissues.

"Calm down first and tell us why," Momo said. We all wait patiently for around three minutes to hear her explanation.

"It's nothing," She think two words for explanation is enough? I don't trust her.

"You lie. If there's nothing wrong, why are you crying like this. There must be something why," I said. Her eyes are really red now. She cried really hard even it is just 3 minutes.

"It is really nothing.." She don't want to share with us.

"Jungyeon. We all know you. We also promised that we will always help each other right? Now, tell us," Dahyun said. We all agree with her.

"It just remind me of my dad. How i hope my family will be happy like this," She start to cry back. We all feel bad for her. Nothing we can do right now other then to comfort her.

'Bang' We suddenly heard a loud gunshot outside. Jungyeon from sad become scared in just a second. Everyone that comforting Jungyeon awhile ago now hugging each other in fear except for me and Tzuyu bcs we are willingly to fight for them if there got strangers recklessly into our tree house. Now, Tzuyu's heart and mine become one. Fight and protect them. I look at Nayeon in worry. I hope her disease won't attack her now.

'Dush'. Someone from the outside kick the door hardly making the door open. Five men in all black, wearing a mask been seen. Four of them holding a baseball bat and another one is holding a gun. He point the gun to Momo.

"Hey. Are you Momo? Hmm.. if I'm not wrong, there got a so called bestfriend of yours named Sana. Which one is she?" He scratch her head using his gun. I am now scared to death but i can't back-off. I don't want to lose them. At the same time, Nayeon pull my back to her and whisper something.

"I want to fight with you both. Allow me, please," She beg.

There got a rules that our gang made and one of it is Nayeon can't get into fight when Tzuyu and i was there or other member is with her bcs we scared that her unknown disease will attack her on the spot.

"No, unnie. Let Tzuyu and I settle them," I said.

"But Chae-"

"Please unnie. Stay with them," I try to persuade Nayeon to stay with them and let me fight them together with Tzuyu only. ONLY!

The other don't know much about martil arts and now got 5 strangers that look strong. I'm scared that i can't do this. I look at Tzuyu. Our eyes meet. By that, she gave me strength to fight them. I can see anger in her eyes.

"Hey hey hey you lil' kids. What are you whispering about, huh? Want me to shut you both up with this gun?" The man with a gun said. I think he is the leader among them.

"WHO ARE YOU GUYS AND WHAT ARE YOU GUYS WANT?!" Tzuyu bravely shout at them.

"Oh look at her. She's trying to be brave. Ha ha ha. Nice try kid," The same man said as he faking her laugh with his gang. He come closer to us making Tzuyu and I get into our own position. Get ready to fight with them.

"Hey guys. Look. This short at this tall is trying to fight with us," The man said. My ears is burning hearing the 'short' word. "You both think that you are strong enough to fight us?!" I can see the man is slowly being rough to us.

The gun man send a weird sign to s earning nods from them. I don't understand what is that sign meaning but suddenly Tzuyu and I has been grab by the other four men. They made a circle around us two. I face my back with Tzuyu's back. My fist is getting tighter.

"Beat them." The gun man command.

Before the real fight start, i got a whisper from Tzuyu.

"We can do this, Chaeyoung!" I just nod angrily. I know she won't see it but i know she can sense it. Only god know how angry i am right now.

A man start to swing his baseball bat in the air trying to scared me first but it's not work. After a few swings, he then try to swing it hardly to my head. Luck is on my side. Before the baseball bat hit my head, i kick her stomach hardly making him growl in pain while holding her stomach.

The second man come. He also use the same tactic to scared me by swing his baseball bat first before he could really beat me with that. I take this chance to glance at Tzuyu. So far she is not getting any hurt. She fight with the other two men well. I took a deep breath and get my focus back on this crazy man.

He get her target on my head too but i can avoid it easily. He then try to hit me on my back knees trying to get me knelt down but i jump before the baseball bat hit my back knees. His next target is on my stomach but before he could make it, i kick him at his thing and make him kneel down in front of me growling in pain. His hand let go of the baseball bat. Huh, looks like they are not that good in fighting. Still not feeling satisfied by it, i took the baseball bat and hit his back repeatedly with the bat with no mercy.

The first man is still in pain but he manage himself to help his friend. He swung her baseball bat to my head and this time luck is not on my side. The baseball bat hit hardly at my head. My head is spinning like crazy. I fell to the ground. My vision is getting blur but i still can see that the same man is sitting on top of me, grabbing my shirt with his left hand while his right hand is ready to punch me.

Before i could feel the punch on my face, with my strength left, i punch his face first and try to get him down but my vision is getting more blur each second. With the blur vision, i can see how angry he is. He grab me on my shirt and throw me hard on the treehouse wood wall making it broken. Now, i can feel that my body has been thrown out from the treehouse as well.

I feel like i am flying.

Flying for 200 meters from the treehouse.

I'm sorry guys i couldn't protect you guys from now.

If i die, i just need one thing.

Just remember me. That's all.

I am very happy to have you guys.

I feel like today going to be my last day to be with you guys.

Thank you for everything.

And everything went black.