Being scolded

The Silence of Friends

We spent our time together at the arcade for almost 45 minutes. It's been a long time since the last time we go outing together. Just two of us. I'm so happy. We are now playing 'pump it up dance' happily when suddenly Tzuyu got a call. It's from Jihyo. She wipe her sweat and answer the phone call.

"Hello?" Tzuyu picking up the phone. I ask her to make it a loud speaker. We get out from the arcade bcs it's too noisy inside there.

"KIDS!! WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG TO REACH HERE? IT'S BEEN ALMOST TWO HOUR AND HALF AND YOU'RE NOT HERE YET? WHERE ARE YOU GUYS NOW?!" Jihyo shout through the phone. Everyone is looking at us now. What a shame.

"I don't know that we already played that long? I thought only 40 minutes?" I said. We both look at each other. Tzuyu raise her shoulder. "Don't know.... me too..."

"Hello. Anyone there?" Jihyo ask.

"Oh yeah we are-" I was about to explain it to her but then she cut me off.

"WHERE ARE YOU GUYS AT? DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TO TEXT AND AT LEAST TELL US AT THE GROUP?" Again. She shout. And everyone look at us. We bowed to them means we are sorry.

"Unnie. Can you please don't shout? We are on loud speaker and everyone is staring at us right now. I guess Nayeon unnie also can get attacked," Tzuyu said to Jihyo.

"She's not here. That's why i can shout. Haha sorry i didn't mean it. Where are you guys?" Jihyo ask.

"Why? Worry about us, huh? Aren't you guys the one that leave us at the school gate?" I said.

"*sigh* can you guys don't be stubborn. Yeah we are all worry about you two," Jihyo finally said. We both chuckle. "Where are you two at?"

"Mission success," I said slowly and high-five Tzuyu. "What kind of mission?" Jihyo ask. Ops. Am i say that loud? I bite my nail.

"Ahh nothing unnie. It just... Chaeyoung just won her game. That's it." Tzuyu lied. "Btw we both at the arcade. We will go there after we both lunch here."

"We didn't lunch yet. Can we all join you guys lunch there?" Suddenly a voice interrupt from Jihyo side.

"Jungyeon unnie? No bcs we are dating now," I look at Tzuyu in disbelief. 'Srsly?' I whisper at her.

"I can hear Chaeyoung is not agree with you, Tzuyu. HAHAHA." Jungyeon said. She sigh and i am laughing at her. I know she just want to spend more time with me together too without any disturb. I didn't mean to said that. It's been almost one year since we out together like this. She sigh again.

"You ruined it. Whatever. Come here faster or else we going to enjoy our lunch first without you guys. 20 minutes from now. At the usual restaurant." Tzuyu said.

"Taking a revenge, maknae? We can be there in less then 10 minutes. Huh!" Jihyo teased.

"Okay then. Come here safely~ bye," Tzuyu said. Jihyo was about to say something but she end the call. Seriously this maknae? 'This giant is scary~' i said to myself but she heard it.

"What did you say? Giant? Want me to pat your head so you can getting shorter?" She teased me. She always use my height to tease me. I hate it. I just pout and walk back inside the arcade continue play games. Same as Tzuyu.

I play car racing with Tzuyu for around 15 minutes then someone close my eyes from the back. I'm not shock because i know who it is. Who else if it's not one of our gang member? I snap the hand in angry bcs she disturb my game. Look! I lost to Tzuyu?! I turn my back to see who it was. It's Mina.

"Srsly! Why did you disturbing me? I was about to win the last game!" I half-shout at Mina. I'm really angry when someone disturb me playing games.

"They just sent me to do this to you. So i did on behalf for them." Mina explain. I surely going to kill them but calm down Chaeyoung, they are your friends though.

"Let's go to lunch. You guys probably are hungry now, right? They are all waiting for us at the restaurant now." We nod and follow Mina.

"Oh! They are here! Here! Here!" Dahyun shout when she saw us step into the restaurant. We go to them and take a sit.

"Don't you guys know how to text at least one of us before you guys go anywhere without us? If you don't know how, i can teach you," Momo said in serious face as soon as we sat down. They are all serious right now make me terrified. I don't want them to be as serious as now so i try to change the topic.

"Do you guys already ordered?" I ask nervously.

"We already ordered you guys food as well. Now, don't try to change the topic. Answer my question," *gulp* These unnies are really scary. Tzuyu and i look at each other. We now like a children being scolding with a mom bcs we played in the rain.

"Why are you guys quite? Don't have a mouth to talk, huh? Don't you know how worry we are waiting for you guys to come at the treehouse?" Sana give us a bunch of questions like a detective. We don't know how to answer those questions. We don't know that they will be this worry and angry.

"It's all my fault," Tzuyu open to explain. "It's my plan to do this. I suggest Chaeyoung to pretend that we are sulking with you guys bcs you guys left us two at the school gate even though we've been there before you guys really leave,"

I feel like my mouth has been knitted. I can't explain anything so i just let Tzuyu explain all by herself. I feel bad for her. They all nod their head hearing what Tzuyu explained to them. I stare at my lap, not even dare to look into their eyes right now bcs i can see how angry they are just by looking into their eyes.

"And Chaeyoung?" I lift my head up when i heard someone called my name. It's Nayeon. "Yes?" I ask in confused. They already heard Tzuyu's explanation so i don't have anything to explain to them anymore.

"Why did you didn't answer my calls?" I choked. Calls? Did she called me? I check my phone. 13 missed call from bunny unnie. Oh, crap! What should i do? Why did i forgot to un-mute my phone after the school ended?!

"U-uninie... i-i.." Oh my god. How am i going to explain this? I didn't expect that they will be this angry. "I what?" Nayeon ask in serious tone. *gulp*

"I forgot to un-mute it.. i didn't mean to reject your call.. i- i am so sorry," I start to feel uneasy. At the same time, the food they ordered arrive. Usually, when there got food in front of them, they will stop doing what they are doing at the moment but now they still stared at both of us. They don't even hold the fork and spoon. Looks like things become more serious. I keep my head down, playing with my nails trying to calm myself but it's not working. I look at Tzuyu. She looks down too.

"So... has you guys having enough fun making us worry?" Jungyeon said. I shake my head.

"It's not like that unnie! We are sorry. We didn't meant too!" Tzuyu suddenly half-shouting at them. I nod, agree with her.

"We just having fun together. It's been a long time since the last time i go out with Tzuyu. That's all!" I added with my serious face. Then they all bursts into laughing. Tzuyu and i look at each other in confused.

"Yah! They are just kidding with you guys. Don't be that serious. They didn't mean to scold you guys like a mom." Mina who just keep quite before this opened .

"What did you guys mean?" I ask. I still in confused with what happening right now. I look at Tzuyu. She's is not confused anymore. Her face look so angry. Huh? Why am i so late to understand what they are trying to say?

"We just acting to be mad at you guys actually. It's all Dahyun's plan." Momo said. I can't hold my red face anymore. Angry and shy feelings mixed. I don't how to react now. My fist is ready to punch each of them right into the face.

"You guys think it's funny?!" Tzuyu start to fight them back.

"Okay okay. I am sorry. But it's true what. Why did you guys didn't tell us that you guys going here? And when Chaeyoung didn't answer Nayeon unnie's calls, it make us feel more worried about you guys. We are sorry okay. We are now 1-1 okay? But promise us this thing won't happen again." Dahyun said. I can see that she's really serious with her words.

I still feel angry at them. But it's also our fault so i can't be that mad. I let go my fist. "Whatever. We are sorry too. Let's eat. I'm really hungry now." I said. The food keep calling me and i can't resist it.

After we done eating, we decided to go back to the treehouse. None other than that, we play family roles. As usual, i be the baby. Urgh. Nayeon as a grandma which her husband had passed away, Jungyeon as a dad, Momo as a mom, Sana and Mina as the first and second daughters, Dahyun and Tzuyu as the third and fourth brothers, and here i am. As the a baby girl. But it's okay, as long as i can see Jungyeon smiles, I'm happy for it. We are playing happily but suddenly Jungyeon start to cry.