How?

The Silence of Friends

Hi. My name is Son Chaeyoung. I have so much nickname that my friends gave me. Chaengie, tiger cub, smol bean, strawberry, and more. But the most nickname that i hate is shortie.

I know i am short but i hate when someone teased me about my height. Huh. What can i do with my height? I even did a research about how to get taller but none of it works on me. What a sad life.

I have lived on this world for 14 years. I experienced so many things. I'm already check-in to my teenage world but my friends treat me like I'm still in my kid world. Especially my gang!

They even treat me like a baby!? They always pinch my cheeks and nose, poke my cheeks, feed me milks, wear me baby bib when they feed me and more. Urgh it's so annoying! We always play family roles together and i always be the baby! Huh i hate them. But i loves them.

They always be there when i need them. They always lend me their hand when i really need it. When i fall(fail or anything else), they catch me. When i struggle with my studies, they sit beside me and guide me. When i cry, they let me to use their shirt as the tissue. When my mood swing, they wait for me patiently to calm myself down.

Do you want to know who are they? They are Im Nayeon, Yoo Jeongyeon, Hirai Momo, Minatozaki Sana, Park Jisoo, Myoui Mina, Kim Dahyun and Chou Tzuyu.

Among of them, Nayeon is the eldest one. She was born in 1998. She's a quite and lonely person. She is now fighting with an unknown disease since her age at 10 years old. Her family brought her to many specialist hospitals but they still can't figure it out. Nayeon can't get really scared or really surprised and can't stay in a very loud place or else the disease will attack her. Usually she will feel hurt at her abdomen or lung. Sometimes she can't even breath properly and said that something is blocking her air way.

She's a strong person and not get scared easily. She even learned some of martial arts to defense herself. When the unknown disease hit her, she must get a treatment as soon as possible. That's why we always keep our eyes on her. I started to know her since 6 years ago. There got a story how i know her. To make it short, i save her life from drowning. I am short but i know how to swim. I am cool right? Thank you.

Jungyeon, Momo and Sana were born in 1999. This three is in the same class. I know this three from 5years ago. Nayeon introduced them to me. Nayeon entered a badminton club and as usual, she was not brave enough to make friends so these three greet Nayeon first and they became friend.

Jungyeon's parents had a problem. Her parents keep arguing, fighting, and more. Jungyeon and her siblings always be the victims. Without any reason or proof, their parents always hit them just because of a bit misunderstanding. Their parents never want to hear the real situation from their children.

Jungyeon is the maknae. She have two elder sisters. The second one named Yoo seungyeon. I don't know the eldest name bcs her eldest sister is not living with them for now. I never meet her. Jungyeon said she moved to England 6 years ago to continue her study. After that she continue to work there and promised to her sisters that she will be back and take them with her. At first she don't want to go and want to protect her sisters but they both ask her to go and tell her not to worry about them. They always video call with her sister up until now.

Momo and Sana is a childhood friend. They don't have siblings. They is the only child in their family. Momo's parents are such a good friend with Sana's parents. They even open a big company together called MS. They said MS is stand for Momo and Sana. The reason why they put that company name is bcs their parents wants Momo and Sana will always be a good friends together until their last breath. They even trust their daughter that they both will handle the company when the time has come.

I knew this two 5 years ago. When i was 10 years old. That time, i just get back from the Taekwondo class with Nayeon and Tzuyu. We usually will go to a City Mall to free our mind after the class. We also use a tunnel to get there faster. The tunnel is kind of creepy and scary but there got no other way to go there in within 10 minutes. The other long way will be 1 hour to reach at the mall. We also don't want to use public transport bcs it's too expensive. So we got no choice.

One day, when we walk into the tunnel, we heard people screaming for help. We run to that sound and saw there got 4 men who try to fight with two teenage girls. The girls looks like they don't know much how to protect themselves so Nayeon, Tzuyu and I help them. Thank god Nayeon didn't get any hurt. Start from that day, we getting closer and closer. They even moved to my school to be more closer with us. We once asked her about the guys but they don't know anything about them. Until now, i still feel something wrong and angry with what they have done to Momo and Sana. You are welcome, you both. I know we still a kid that time but look, we did it!

Park Jisoo; Jihyo, and Mina is 00 liner. They are also in the same class. Jihyo has a loud voice. I knew Jihyo from 3 years ago. We started to know each other bcs we both entered a selection to be in the chess club 3 years ago and she's my opponent. The game tied bcs our board only king vs king left so it is draw. The arbiter, which is also one of the advisor for the chess club decided to take both of us. Start from that day, we practice together everyday and get to know about each other more.

Mina is a Japanese girl. She moved to Korea 1 year ago bcs there got no one to take care of her anymore at Japan. Her parents dead in a tragic car accident on the rainy day when they headed back to the home from work. Mina has one elder sister named Myoui Asuka. After the incident, their life is unmanageable so her mother's younger sister decided to take care of Asuka at Japan while Mina, her father's younger sister will take care of her. She lived in Korea for her business. Mina got no choice but to split up with her sister.

When we first meet her, she still not moving on with what happened in her life. Jihyo was the one who introduced her to us. Jihyo told us everything about her and we promised to help her. Now, slowly we can see improvement in herself. She is now getting more comfortable to be with us. I'm so happy about it.

Dahyun. She is just one year older than me. Yeap, she was born in 2001 and me in 2002. We knew each other bcs one day, i rushed to go to the toilet and bumped someone at the hallway. Her books and papers fell on the ground but i have no time to help her. I say sorry to her and run to the toilet. On recess, i once again bumped into her and say that i am really sorry to her about earlier. She gave me an invitation to her birthday party.

At first i don't want to go because we don't even know each other yet. I even don't know her name. She said if she want her to forgive me, i must go to the party. I got no choice but got to go with Nayeon. She even did her eagle dance on her party?! I think she is really crazy. Start from that day, we get more closer. We even share our problem together. Now, we already know each other for 5 years. I shed my tears in happiness to get to know her well.

Chou Tzuyu. Hmm... what can i tell you about her? She's in the same age as me.

So, okay. She's actually a Taiwanese mixed Korean. She come to Korea when she was 2 years old. That time, her parents work as agents so they always put their life on danger. One day, her dad got a mission from his boss. He did his mission with careful and he success. But someone take on revenge over her family that night. Her father got a shot at head in front of them. Her mother got kidnapped. Until now the policies can't find who is the killer and why she/he did that.

Tzuyu neighbor who heard the shotgun, tried to help the families but he late. He found Tzuyu crying over her dad dead body. He called the policies and ambulance. The policies try to find anyone to take care of her. Than they found out that my mom is a sister to her dad. For your information, Tzuyu's mom is Taiwanese and her dad is korean. And her dad is my mom younger brother. Tzuyu also is the only one child. My mom really sad to know about the news.

The next day of the incident, my mom flew to Taiwan alone to attend the funeral. She really can't control her sadness. She stayed there for about one week and she flew back to Korea bring Tzuyu along with her. So that's how i get to know Tzuyu. She's my cousin that i meet her for the first time on the age of 2 years old. We lived together until now. She's the one who keep my secrets the most. I think there's no secrets about me that she don't know. She also shared all her secrets and problems with me. I love her so much. We are also in the same class and i sit next to her.

So yeah. Let's the story begin.