Two: Homecoming

Almost Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a tiring day for Sungjae. Around 17 hours of flight could break a man's back and that was exactly what he was feeling. He waited at Starbucks with his faithful latte in hand, praying that Changsub would arrive as soon as possible - not his usual 15 minutes which actually meant one hour 15 minutes.

"Sungjae!!" He never thought this would happen but for the first time in his life, Changsub's shrill voice sounded like music to his ears, and coupled with the hollering of his name, it was simply the most exquisite sound ever to grace the mouth of his best friend.

Changsub wrapped him in a bear hug, pounding his back and grinning wide. "It's so good to see you, man! I feel like it's been forever since I last saw you. Was it eight months ago when I went to your place?" Sungjae was genuinely happy to see his face amidst the strangers there in the airport. He had to admit that he became some sort of a hermit in the U.S., not knowing anyone when he first arrived and unwilling to build any relationships of any form with the westerners. At first he preferred to keep to himself in his mourning; he did not feel like socializing and moving to a new place was the best way to ensure his obscurity. After a while, it became a habit to just keep to himself, live by his own rules and generally minding his own business. Without realizing, four years went by and perhaps it was time to come back to his roots.

The fact that he had just celebrated his 30th birthday a few days ago also reminded him of the possibility of it being a good idea to attempt a restart at his life.

These past few years also made him realized the truth behind the old saying - that time heals all wounds. Oh, he would not say that he was totally free from the ghosts of his past, but the pain had numbed a little. Tears no longer accompany his nights, ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter