Fifteen: Rainbow

Almost Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is a double update. Please MAKE SURE you read Chapter 14 before you proceed. Enjoy!

---

 

It was around 12.20 am when he finally dropped Irene off at her place after their first date tonight. He could not lie and say that he did not enjoy himself. Because he did. But he did not feel anything other than friendly for her. Nothing special, not a spark of attraction, unlike the ones he constantly had with a certain female who was unfortunately off limits for him.

He sighed as he remained in his car long after Irene left. He was in trouble. He was in deep trouble. Even in the company of a lively attractive woman, his mind kept going to his friend's sister, unconsciously comparing his current companion with her, and always, he found his present company lacking in many ways.

He expected both Joy and Changsub to be asleep when he finally reached home. But when he opened the door, he was surprised to see Joy sitting on the sofa, flipping through the channels. He looked at his watch; it was nearly half past one. He knew Joy always sleeps early. The fact that she was up piqued his curiosity.

They were not exactly in speaking terms. In fact, they barely speak to each other in front of Changsub, even though they were in the same room, and even that was a rarity this past week. And he could not remember when they had last been in the same room, just the two of them, after that night.

He cleared his throat as he stood next to the sofa she was lounging on, waiting for her to acknowledge him. But her attention remained glued to the television, as if he was nonexistent. He furrowed his brows at her cold behaviour.

"Why are you not asleep yet?" He tried asking this time, making sure that she had no choice but to reply to him.

"Hmmm." She hummed her reply, which made his frown deepened.

***

"Joy, you won't die if you look at me when you talk, you know." She could hear the annoyance in his voice. Serve him right, she thought. She knew she was being childish but she could not control her feelings. If she was hurt yesterday, today she was pissed. Because today, it was not about the way he was giving her the cold shoulder. Today, he went for a date. With Irene.

She knew she was treading on dangerous waters but the line had been crossed. He had crossed the line when he kissed her. And she crossed the line when she kissed him back.

And he had absolutely no excuse about the way he ignored her the past week, and now expecting her to greet him when he came back from his date. It was not as if she was waiting for him. It was not it at all.

"Joy, are you listening to me?" Oh, now he was demanding her to listen and talk to him, wasn't he? She abruptly pressed the off button on the remote control and stood up. She her heels and walked to her room with her nose stuck up in the air.

"Oh no, you don't, young lady." She heard him before she felt his hand pulling her arm back, halting her steps.

"Let go of me." She hissed, feeling angry all of a sudden. She jerked her arm out of his grasp and attempted to close her door on him but he pushed through with his body. She watched with surprised eyes as he pushed both of them farther into her room and bolted the door. "What are you doing?"

"We have to talk." He said, his eyes piercing through hers, his voice laced with annoyance.

"There's nothing to talk about. And I think you should go. Oppa could be back any minute." Changsub had gone out shortly after Sungjae left for his date, and Joy knew he usually stayed out late until around this time.

"I'm not going until you tell me what was that all about." Sungjae's mouth was set firmly, signalling that he was not going to back off without an explanation. Joy knew him enough to know this irritating trait.

"It was nothing. I'm tired and I want to sleep. That's it." She crossed her arms and looked straight through him. She absolutely refused to land her eyes on him.

"See, you're doing it again. You're avoiding me again."

"Me? Avoiding you? Excuse me, mister. I think you got it the other way around." She still kept her eyes on the wall behind h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter