Six: One laundry too many

Almost Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I know it's too sudden for another update but I was having a word rush (lol). Please pardon me if I sound like I'm babbling in this chapter, I wrote this at 4 am courtesy of my insomnia. Do drop your comments & don't hate me after you've read this chapter! Xoxo

---

Sungjae whistled as he gathered his laundry in his bathroom and bedroom. He had been doing his own laundry since the three weeks he had been living with Joy and Changsub, not quite feeling comfortable to let Mrs. Lee, their maid, to handle his laundry on top of the siblings'.

Living on his own without any helper in the States had made him quite independent. From someone who never knew how to operate the washing machine (or even cook his own rice - imagine the horror) it was quite a feat for him to be able to survive on his own for four years.

And since he had been living with the siblings, he tried to help out in any way that he could, since he was still, for lack of another word, unemployed.

Being jobless was sure to make a man have too much time on his hands. At first he contemplated to start a hobby or some kind of activity to fill his time - going to cooking classes for example - but nothing turned out to be as fulfilling as he thought (the other day after his cooking class, he attempted to cook dinner for the three of them. Joy and Changsub had politely held their silence throughout the meal, but afterwards hinted to him, in the best way possible,  to leave the cooking to Joy, especially after finishing their soggy vegetables and slightly overcooked chicken).

Okay, so he might not be the best cook, but he could do laundry decently. Which was why after he finished collecting his own clothes, he went to Changsub's room to gather his (in which he had to agree with Joy, the man was a slob).

He knew from experience that ladies' clothings could be a bit trickier compared to men. He could not even remember how many times he had been at odds with Se-jeong over laundry, on coloured garments vs white garments vs undergarments, it was oh-so-confusing.

He did his own laundry first, in which he dumped all his dirty clothes inside the washing machine, poured in the detergent and fabric softener and operated the machine on standard programme. Easy peasy.

Once done, he hauled them into the tumble dryer, and afterwards repeated the whole procedure with Changsub's clothes.

He mulled over on whether he should venture into Joy's room to collect her laundry. It was not proper for a guy to - ahem - spy at a ladies' garments, but it was not as if he was thinking of doing anything suspicious. He just wanted to help her with her laundry. As a show of gratitude for her help for the past three weeks. And he would only pick her clothes and leave her undergarments untouched; he thought firmly, nodding to himself.

With a deep breath, he went to her door and gingerly opened it to peep inside (a little stupidly, if he was being true to himself, seeing that h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter