Fourteen: Heartbreak

Almost Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was cowardly of him but he spent the next few days avoiding being alone with her. In the mornings, he waited for her to go to work before venturing out of his room, and at night, he made sure to always stick like a glue to Changsub's side.

He caught her glancing at him once in a while though he maintained a stoic front. He knew that he was confusing her but he was not able to bring himself to speak to her and still hold up the promise he made to himself.

He hated the way he was feeling, and the way he knew he was hurting her. He recognized that he should clear the air up with her but he was aware that he was not strong enough as yet to withhold himself.

And as he consciously avoided her gaze, he did not notice the stolen wishful looks she gave as well as the sadness brewing in her eyes.

***

"I'm telling you, she's still totally pining on you, man!" Changsub pounded his best friend's back in excitement. "You can't tell me you're not interested! I saw the way you looked at her!"

Joy carefully maintained a neutral but inquisitive expression on her face, nothing out of ordinary if someone did not bother looking at her closely, even though her voice did crack a little as she asked, "Who's interested in who?"

Changsub turned his attention to his sister, a stupid grin still plastered on his face. "Irene. Sungjae. Both of them." Joy lifted her eyebrows, still keeping her eyes on her brother, prompting h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter