Twelve: Homecoming II

Almost Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As a (severely delayed, rather impromptu) welcoming present for Sungjae, Joy decided to throw aget together with their mutual friends. She had the inspiration the other day when they met Seulgi and a few other friends from college who had just only heard of Sungjae's return from the States. She figured, perhaps a mini reunion was in order.

True to herself, she invited all the single (female) friends that she could find and few friends of Changsub's & Sungjae's, who, she made sure were either unavailable or married. it would not do for her if there was any competition for her focus of the day, which was 'Project: Find a girl for Sungjae.'

She had never been as focused on anything as she was tonight. She made sure none of the guys knew what she was up to, especially her brother and Sungjae. However, a promise was a promise. True to her words, she had never mentioned a word about matchmaking.

Subtlety however, she decided was not her best forte. Earlier in the afternoon, she casually mentioned the subject of the homecoming (read: Sungjae) to her friends ("By the way, have you all heard of 'S' group? Yep, that one. He's going to be the new managing director. That's why he came back from Arizona. It must be lonely living there alone, probably why he came back without a fuss. Of course he'll be lonely here too since he's still single.."). There was no harm with a teeny little push.

With a group of interested ladies and an unassuming guy, Joy predicted an eventful day which she hoped will end up with Sungjae head over heels with one of her willing friends.

***

The event was a disaster. Apparently Sungjae was not only rich but smart as well. One look at the eager faces of the ladies in the living room was enough to warn him of what Joy's motive for the evening was.

It took him ten minutes to go through one round of introductions with the gushing ladies before he retreated into his room with the excuse to change his outfit. And he never resurfaced after that, leaving poor Changsub to fend off the swarm of ladies, who after realizing that Sungjae was not going to come out of his room, latched on him as the second best candidate.

Joy was fuming at the end of the evening, and once she had sent the last of her friends out the door, she marched to Sungjae's room and pounded on his door. Changsub was careful not to get involved and disappeared into his room in a flash.

Sungjae opened his door after few minutes of furious pounding, peeked outside and breathed in relief once he saw that the living room was empty. Then, he directed his most annoyed gaze at Joy who was tapping her feet on the floor waiting for him to acknowledge her.

"What do you want?" He asked, pushing past her to the kitchen, thankful that he could finally have a drink of water. In the midst of his escape, he did not think of taking any of the refreshments provided with him into his room (to fuel him during the few hours of his self confinement). "Do you still have any of the sandwiches left?"

"You were being so rude to my guests!" Joy burst out, slapping a sandwich on a paper plate and handed it to him a little roughly. He accepted the plate with a grunt. "I threw that party for you and you did not even have the decency to attend it! Why, all our friends were dying to know about you and how you've been and what y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter