Eleven: It smells like coffee

Almost Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjae shot Joy a warning look as she gestured at the pretty lady with her eyes. He could almost see her thought process (This girl's gorgeous! What are you doing! Get her number! Ask her for a drink together sometime!). He shot another sharp glare at her to warn her from doing anything she (or rather he) would regret.

How naive of him. This morning he had thought that things were finally going well with them. Changsub was on another business trip and the two of them had been having some of the best times behind his back (watching rom-coms, eating out at a new place every night, having weekend brunches at the local deli and indulging in all the sweets in the world - which Changsub disapproved, being the savoury guy that he was).

However, as soon as they stepped into the cafe, the lady dressed in red had caught their eyes (causing him to be on red alert). Seulgi, Sungjae's classmate in college had always been stunning, and now after eight years since they last met, she seemed to have grown even prettier, if it was possible. It seemed both Sungjae and Joy had caught her eye as well because she waved and went to greet them when she realized it was them. And judging by the enthusiastic way Joy was waving at Seulgi as soon as she spotted the older lady, there was no way for him to avoid being dragged into yet another one of her schemes.

"It's good to see you here Sungjae. Last I heard you were in the U.S.?" Seulgi greeted in a singsong voice. He nodded and grunted something intangible as a reply while shooting daggers in Joy's direction. The way Joy's eyes sparkle alerted him of the mischief he was sure would be coming.

"What he meant was, he was in U.S. but now he's back in Seoul for good." Joy grinned at Seulgi. "I'm Joy, by the way. Do you remember Changsub? I'm his sister."

"Oh yeah, I remember him. And you too Joy. The three of you were always inseparable back then." Seulgi raised an eyebrow. "And apparently now too. Where is Changsub?"

"He's in Busan, for work." Joy chirped. "How are you? Are you single?"

Seulgi laughed. "I'm afraid not. My husband's outside. I'm just waiting for takeout." Sungjae almost cried with relief at Seulgi's words (husband - what a wonderful word). Now that he knew Seulgi was unavailable, his shoulders felt a lot lighter and he found himself quite genuinely happy to catch up on old times and smile at her.

However, at the back of his mind, although he was finall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter