Three: Breakfast for a king

Almost Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What a wonderful morning." Sungjae woke up with a smile. He was feeling great this morning, fully rested after yesterday's long flight. He stretched on the bed, yawning as he did, wishing he could stay in the bed all day but the growlings in his stomach had other ideas.

He brought his toiletries to the bathroom, walking with a spring on his every step. Somehow the air in Seoul feels fresher to his senses. Waking up in Seoul had him in a very good mood indeed.

He finished washing and thought to explore the neighborhood and look for food. A sound outside his door stopped his tracks. Is that their maid? He wondered. He opened the door gingerly, unsure whether the siblings had informed their maid that there was another guy living with them. He did not want to frighten the poor soul in case they had forgotten to mention his arrival. He peeked outside, fully expecting to see a matronly lady outside, however the sight of Joy behind the kitchen counter greeted him instead.

She was dancing to what seemed to him must be her usual morning music, while preparing breakfast. She looked up as he went out of his room, the door closing behind him with a click.

"You're up, sunshine!" She called in a singsong voice. Automatically a smile reached his lips as he shook his head at her.

"You're not working today?" He sat on one of the stools at the counter as he watched her expert hands dicing vegetables and pouring them into the bowl of beaten eggs.

"Nope. Took the day off. I'm going to be your guardian angel for the whole day." She batted her eyelashes at him.

He chuckled a little. "You're still as funny as ever." He munched on a piece of cucumber he took from a plate in front of him; Joy must b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter