Seven: Eventful dinner with a capital D

Almost Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Is it too early for another update? *cringe* Like I said, word rush. Or maybe word diarrhea? I don't know. And I'm babbling again. Forgive me. 

---

It had been three days since the 'incident'. Joy could still feel her anger rising whenever she thought about it. How dare him enter her room without permission, caught redhanded and then escaping without a single word of apology! The nerve!

On the other hand, she was puzzled whenever she remembered how red in the face he was once he was about to bolt out of the room.

She had only seen that red face once in her lifetime;  when he was about to ask Se-jeong for their first date. Despite being almost too handsome for his own good, Sungjae was really a shy person. It took him two weeks to muster his courage to ask her out and another three weeks for their first kiss (she had information from a most reliable source - her brother).

But now, having seen that red face again (in a disriminating manner, she might add), she was feeling somewhat baffled. Of course, considering that he was being a leech by spying on her undergarment, she did not think he thought about her in any way other than platonic. They knew about each other too much to indulge in anything more. "Perhaps, he was just too embarrassed," she guessed.

"Hey, what about having dinner at Mikey's tonight?" Changsub hollered from the living room. Joy was just lying around on her bed, doing nothing in particular but not willing to go out of the room and face the possibilities of encountering Sungjae, who she was sure must be in the living room with her brother. For the past three days, they had somehow developed a silent agreement to never be in the same room.
"Joy? Mikey's?" Changsub's head appeared in the doorway.

Joy shrugged. Well, it could not be helped. She must face him sooner or later. "Okay, give me 10 minutes."

***

Fifty minutes later, they were sitting in their regular corner at Mikey's. The ride there was quiet with some attempt at conversations from Changsub, who later gave up when it was clear both his sister and best friend were not up for small talk.

"Okay, I can't take it anymore." Changsub finally burst fifteen minutes into the silent dinner. He dropped his fork and knife on the table with some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter