Nine: All about him

Almost Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjae woke up that morning feeling a little less refreshed than usual since the one month that he had been back in Seoul and living with his bestfriend and his sister. It was also the first day he would be spending alone with Joy ever since he moved in, with Changsub going away for a business trip for three days starting last night.

Even though he tried to convince himself that things would go back as it was, it never quite did the way he wanted. They were able to talk and laugh like usual when Changsub was around, but there were always awkward moments albeit shortlived, especially when they were left alone.

He stretched lazily on the bed. Why did he kissed her that night? It was a spur of the moment. He also did not understand why he was fretting over it. He had kissed her before. Back when she was like a sister and a peck on the cheek, forehead or temple did not mean a thing.

He frowned. When she was like a sister? Was she not like a sister to him now? If she was not, then what was she? Had she not been his sister since the day he started substituting for Changsub to pick her up from school, drive her to the mall, watch her favourite movies and buy her ice creams? Since when did she change from sister to.. something else?

He shook his head at the thought. It was not good to dwell in something as confusing as this. If there was anything he valued more than his life, it was the fact that he could call Changsub and Joy as his family. While his own family had been absent most of his life, Changsub and Joy were the ones who were always with him through thick and thin, through the darkest moment in his life and the best.

He sighed deeply as he thought about his family. He had not utter a word to them since he came back one month ago. In fact, he could not remember the last time he communicated with his parents. Was it a year ago? He mused.

Theirs was a complicated relationship. His parents were a force in the power engineering and manufacturing industry, the result of a marriage of two influential families. An

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter