Eighteen: Tears

Almost Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joy hesitated in front of her brother's office; with her knuckles paused against the thick door. She had rarely been to this part of the apartment. When they had first moved in, Changsub took the master bed at the left wing of the apartment, which came with an adjacent small office adjoined to the master bedroom. 

She had never quite liked the way his office was decorated. The whole room was decorated in shades of mahogany and black and grey. It gave a slight gloomy feel to it, which creeps the hell out of her. It was very uncomfortable for her and very unlike her brother. The brother that was always cheerful and cheeky, but now she realized, there was a side of him which was serious and stern - perhaps the side of him which existed only in his work environment; something he had only shown to his colleagues and staff, but not to his baby sister, until now.

Joy sighed as she contemplated. The once lively apartment was slowly turning into a ghost house. She was always left alone; her brother always made sure he left early and came back late from work, and her boyfriend never came back home after that day. As much as she missed Changsub and Sungjae, she also missed the time the three of them spent together, supporting each other, having fun with each other, like a family. And now her brother was distancing himself and her boyfriend was kicked out from their home.

Whenever she talked to Sungjae, she always ended up in tears. And that was the only thing they did, talked and texted on the phone. They did not dare to meet outside, partly because they did not want to risk being discovered again, and also they did not want to go behind Changsub's back again. They had done enough damage to last them a lifetime and getting found out over something as silly as lunch would only make things worst.

She took a deep breath once more before steeling herself and knocked on the door. She waited for him to tell her to enter before she turned the knob.

"Hi oppa. I'm wondering if you're hungry? Do you want to have dinner together?" She asked him in a soft voice, a small smile graced her lips as she gazed at her br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter