One: And it begins..

Almost Perfect
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm going to the airport to pick Sungjae up. I might be late, don't wait up." Joy's older brother, Changsub announced before grabbing her mug of hot chocolate, downing its content and putting the mug down before ruffling her hair. In less than ten seconds he was out of the door, leaving her behind with an empty mug, tousled hair and an irritated mood. She sighed before collecting her mug and empty plate of cookies and dumped them in the kitchen sink.

Joy and her brother, Changsub had been living on their own for close to six years, leaving their childhood home at the age of 20 and 24. It was also the same year that Sungjae, Changsub's best friend got married which actually was the pushing factor for Changsub to get out of their parents house. According to him, now that Sungjae was beginning a new life as a good old married man, he should also grow up and at least look for his own place - which Sungjae did when he was 20 years old - he had been quick to remind their parents when they were about to protest.

It worked out well in the end for Joy, because when their parents agreed to Changsub's demand, their only condition was that Joy would also live with him. He sulked for three days but relented as the benefit of living on his own without parents outweighed the drawback of having one's little sister in the opposite room. As it was, they had no issue adjusting to each other, as Joy had no wish to spend her time with him or becoming their parents spy as they had discreetly suggested. She was grateful enough to her brother for enabling her to have her own freedom that they worked out a perfectly good co-inhabiting system, the "I won't be a pain in your if you don't be mine" system.

Joy sighed as she washed the dishes. Sometimes she thought she got the short end of the stick as it became clearer from day to day that Changsub absolutely could not be left alone for a week and be expected to still have a place which resemble a human house. Without their parents, Joy was quick to realize that her brother was an absolute slob. He did not wash dishes, did laundry or cleaned their house unless she threatened to tell mom. In the end, she arranged for a part time maid who came in once a week to clean the house and do their laundry while Joy herself will be doing their cooking and washing the dishes. The good thing about this was that all expenses were paid by Changsub as Joy was onl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter