Melody 33

SILENT MELODY [Jikook]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin

“How did you get yourself into this mess?”

Namjoon and I are both standing at the edge of my bed, staring down at Yoongi and Jungkook. They’re asleep. Jungkook is spooning Yoongi on the left side of the bed, because the right side of the bed is now covered in Yoongi’s puke.

I sigh. “This has been the longest twelve hours of my life.”

Namjoon nods, then apts me heavily on the back. “Well,” he signs, “I wish I could stay and help you nurse them back to health, but I’d rather pretend I have something better to do and leave.” He turns and walks out of the room as Jiyong makes his way in.

“I’m headed out,” he signs. “Got my stuff out of Jungkook’s room.”

I nod and watch as his eyes fall on Jungkook and Yoongi.

“I wish I could say it was fun getting to know Jungkook, but I have a feeling I didn’t even meet the real Jungkook.”

I laugh. “Believe me, you didn’t. Maybe next time.”

He waves and walks out of my bedroom.

I turn and look at them, at both halves of my heart, cuddled tightly together in a bed of irony.

.

.

.

I spent the entire morning assisting them as they alternated between the trash can and the bathroom. By lunch, Jungkook’s vomiting had subsided, and he made his way back to his own room.  Its late afternoon now, and I’m spoon-feeding Yoongi liquids and forcing him to down medicine.

“I just need sleep,” he signs. “I’ll be fine.” He rolls over and pulls the covers up to his chin.

I tuck a lock of hair behind his ear, then run my hand down to his shoulder, where I trace circles with my thumb. His eyes are now closed, and he’s curled up in a fetal position. He looks so fragile right now, and I wish I could wrap myself around him like a cocoon and shield him from every single thing this world has left to throw at him.

I look over at the nightstand when the screen on my phone lights up. I tuck the covers more securely around Yoongi and bend forward and kiss his cheek, then reach for my phone.

Jungkook: Not that you haven’t done enough, but could you please tell Namjoon to turn the volume down on the ?

I laugh and text Namjoon.

Me: Turn the down. It’s so loud even I can hear it.

I stand and walk into Jungkook’s room to check on him. He’s flat on his back, staring up at the ceiling. I sit on the edge of his bed, reach to his face, and brush back a strand of hair from his forehead.

He tilts his face toward me and smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter