Melody 23

SILENT MELODY [Jikook]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin

After several minutes, he finally walks back into his bedroom. He smiles at me, walks to the bed, and picks up his phone.

Jungkook: Sorry, I felt sick.

Me: You okay?

Jungkook: Yeah. Just needed water, I guess. I love the lyrics, Jimin. They’re perfect. Do we need to run through them again, or can we call it a night?

I really would like to run through them again, but she looks tired. I’d also give anything to feel her sing them again, but I’m not sure that’s a good idea. I already beat up my conscience enough while I was writing about him didn’t seem to stop me, because the only thing on my mind was the simple fact that I was actually writing. I haven’t been able to write lyrics in months, and in just a matter of minutes, it was as if a fog lifted and the words began to flow effortlessly. I would have kept going if I didn’t feel I’d already gone way too far.

Me: Well call it a night. I’m really happy with this one, Kook.

He smiles, and I pick up guitar and head to my room. I spend the next several minutes adding a final verse to the song, transferring her lyrics into the music program on my laptop, and filling in the guitar chords. Once it’s all entered, I hit send; close it out, and text Jiyong.

Me: Just sent you a very rough draft with lyrics. I really want Jungkook to hear this one, so if you have time this week to work up a rough acoustic, send it over. I think it’ll be good for him to finally

Jiyong: Looking at it now. I hate to admit this, but I think you were right about him. He really was sent to earth just for us.

Me: Starting to seem that way.

Jiyong: Give me an hour. Not busy, so I’ll see what we can work up.

An hour? He’s sending it tonight? I immediately text Jungkook.

Me: Try not to fall asleep. I might have a little surprise for you after a while.

Jungkook: Um…okay?

Forty-five minutes later, I get an e-mail with an attachment from Jiyong that says, Rough cut, Maybe Someday. I open it on my phone, find a set of ear buds in the kitchen drawer, and head to Jungkook’s room. He opens the door after I knock and lets me into his room. I walk over to sit on his bed and motion to the spot on the mattress beside me. He looks at me questioningly but walks to the bed. I hand him the ear buds and pat his pillow, so he lies down and places them in his ears. He continues to watch me warily as if I’m about to pull an elaborate prank on him.

I scoot down next to him and prop myself up on my elbow, then hit play. I set the phone down between us and watch him.

A few seconds pass, and his head swings in my direction. An “Oh my god” passes his lips, and he’s looking at me as if I’ve just given him the world.

And it feels pretty damn good.

He smiles and puts his hand over his mouth as his eyes fills with tears. He tilts his face back up to the ceiling, more than likely because he’s embarrassed by his emotional reaction. He shouldn’t be. It’s exactly what I was hoping to see.

I continue to watch him as he listens, and his face conveys a mixture of emotions. He smiles, then exhales, and then closes his eyes. When the song ends, he looks at me and mouths, “Again.” I smile and hit play on my phone again. I continue to watch him, but the second his lips begin moving and I realize he’s singing along the song, my smile is washed away by a sudden emotion I didn’t expect to feel at all.

Jealousy.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter