Melody 22

SILENT MELODY [Jikook]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook

Oh, God. He’s doing that thing again. The mesmerizing thing.

When I’ve seen him play his guitar like this in the past, it was before I knew he couldn’t hear himself play. I thought maybe he just played this way to get a different angle on the strings, but now I know he does it so he can feel the music better. I don’t know why, but knowing this makes me love watching him even more.

I should probably be working on the lyrics, but I watch him play the entire song without once opening his eyes. When he finishes, I quickly glance down to my notebook, because I know he’s about to open his eyes and look up at me. I pretend I’m writing, and he flips his guitar around the correct way, then leans back against my dresser and begins playing the song again.

I focus on the lyrics and think about what he said. Jimin was right. I wasn’t thinking about the fact that a guy would be singing them. I was focused on pouring my feelings onto paper. I close my eyes and try to picture Jimin singing the song.

I try to imagine what it would be like to be honest about what I’m feeling for him and use that to take the lyrics a little further. I open my eyes and cross out the first line of the song, then begin rewriting the first verse.

Watching him form here

Seeing something from so far away

Get a little closer every day

Thinking that I want to make it mine

I think the real reason I’m not able to write tonight is that every line that ends up on paper is about Jimin, and I know Jimin will be able to see through it. He pulled the lyrics out of the trash and alreadt read through them, so he has to have an idea. Still….he’s here, wanting me to finish the song. I foucs on the second vere and try to leep his advice in mind.

I’d run to him if I could stand

But I can’t make that demand

What I want I can’t demand

Cuz what I want is you

I continue to go through the lyrics on the page, crossing out the old lines and changing them up as Jimin plays the song several times.

If I could be his, I would wait

And if I can’t be yours now

I’ll wait here on this ground

Till you come, till you take me away

Maybe someday

Maybe someday

The page becomes messy and hard to read, so I set it aside and open my notebook to rewrite everything. Jimin stops playing for a few minutes while I transfer everything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter