Melody 20

SILENT MELODY [Jikook]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook

It’s been two weeks since Jimin and I worked on lyrics together. A few days after Yoongi went home, Jimin ended up leaving for six days because of a family emergency. He was vague about what the emergency was, but it reminded me of when I still live with Taehyung and he was absent from his balcony for several days. A family emergency was his excuse then, too.

Based on conversations I’ve heard Namjoon have on the phone with Jiyong, I know it didn’t have anything to do with Brennan. But he’s never mentioned having family other than Jiyong. When Jimin returned a few days ago, I asked him if everything was okay and he said things were fine. He didn’t seem to want to share any details, and I’m trying to remind myself that his personal life is none of my concern.

I’ve immersed myself in school, and every now and then, I’ll attempt to write lyrics on my own, but it isn’t the same when I don’t have the music to go along with it. Jimin has been home for a few days now, but he’s spent most of his time in his room chatting up on work, and I can’t help but wonder if he’s kept his distance for other reasons.

I’ve been hanging out with Namjoon a lot and have learned more about his relationship with Jin. I haven’t had any more interactions with him, so as far as I know, he still assumes I’m deaf.

Based on what Namjoon has told me, their relationship is anything but typical. Namjoon never met Jin before he moved six months ago, but he’s a longtime friend of Jimin. Namjoon says that he and Jin don’t get along at all, and during the day, they live separate lives. But at night, it’s a completely different story. He has tried to go into more detail than I care to hear, so I force him to shut up when he begins to overshare..

I’m really wishing he would shut up right now, because he’s in the midst of one of his oversharing moments. I have to leave for class in half an hour and I’m trying to finish reading a last-minute chapter, but he’s intent on telling me all about last night and ow he wouldn’t let her take her Hooters uniform off because he like to role-play, and oh, my God, why does he think I care to hear this?

Luckily, Jin walks out of her room, and its more than likely the first time I’ve ever been happy to see him.

-Good morning, Jin- Namjoon says, his eyes following her across the living room. – Sleep well?

-Screw you, Namjoon-He says in return.

I’m beginning to understand that this is their typical morning greeting. He walks into the kitchen and glances at me, then at Namjoon seated next to me on the couch. He narrows his eyes at him and turns toward the refrigerator. Jimin is at the dining-room table, concentrating on his laptop.

-I don’t like how he’s up your all the time-Jin says with his back to me.

Namjoon looks at me and laughs. Apparently, Jin still assumes I can’t hear him, but I’m not finding much humor in the fact that he’s talking about me.

He spins around and eyes Namjoon.- You think that’s funny?-he says to him.- The girl obviously has it bad for you, and you can’t even respect me enough to distance yourself from her until I’m out of the house?- He turns his back to us again- First he gives Jimin some sob story so he’ll let him move in, and now he’s taking advantage of the fact that you know sign language so he can flirt with you.

-Jin, stop- Namjoon isn’t laughing anymore, because he can see how white my knuckles are, clasped around my book. I think he’s afraid Jin’s about to get his upside the head with a hardback. He’s right to be afraid.

-You stop, Namjoon.- He says, turning back around to face him.-Either stop crawling into bed with me at night or stop shacking up on the couch with her during the day.

I drop my book onto my lap with a loud slap, then kick my feet up and down against the floor out of frustration, anger, and flat-out annoyance. I can’t put up with this girl for another second.

-Jin, please!- I yell.- Shut up! Shut up, shut up, shut up! Christ! I don’t know why you think I’m deaf, and I’m definitely not a , and I’m not using sign language to flirt with Namjoon. I don’t even know sign language. And from now on, please stop yelling when you speak to me!

Jin his pretty little head, and his mouth hangs open in shock. He silently stares at me for several seconds. No one in the room makes a move. He turns his attention to Namjoon, and the anger in his e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter