Melody 1

SILENT MELODY [Jikook]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 weeks ago..

Jungkook POV

I open the door of the balcony and get out, thankful that the son already hide behind the building next to mine, getting cold the air until it’s a perfect temperature. Almost in the right time, the sound of his guitar flods through the garden while I take a seat and lay on my wood chair. I tell Tae I go out here to make my homework, because I don’t want to admit that that guitar is the only reason why I go out every night at 8 o clock.

Since weeks ago, the guy of the apartment next to my garden has been sitting in his balcony and play during at least one hour. Every night, I sit outside and listen.

I noticed that some of the neighbors go out when he plays, but no one is that loyal like me. I don’t understand how someone can listen to these songs and not appreciate them day by day. On the other side, music has always been one of my passions, so maybe I’m a little obsessed with his sound. I’ve play the piano during a long time, since I have memory, and even if I didn’t share it with anyone, I love writing music. I even changed my specialty in Music Education two years ago. My plan is being a professor of elemental music, tho if my father would have won, I would have stuck in law.

A life of mediocrity. I found it funnier than offensive; because he seems to be the most unsatisfied that I ever met. And he’s a lawyer. Just imagine.

One of the songs I already know ends and the boy with the guitar starts playing something that he never play before. I have get used to his list of songs unofficial, because he seems to practice the same songs in the same order night by night. However, I have never listened to him this song in particular. The way he repeats the same strings makes me think he’s creating the song right here, right now. I like this, especially because after a few strings, is my new favorite. All his songs sound original. I ask myself if he plays them like a crazy or he just write them for fun.

I lean in front still on the chair, and lay my arms in the sleeve of the balcony and watch him, enough far to not feel weird  when I see him, but enough close to make sure he’s not watching me when Hoseok is around. I don’t Hoseok would like the fact that I have developed a small crush with the talent of this boy.

However, I can’t deny it. Anyone who would see how passionate this boy plays the guitar, would fall in love with his talent. The way he keeps his eyes close during the whole time, focusing to the max in every move against every string of the guitar. I like it more when he sits with the legs crossed with the guitar in vertical between his legs. He pushes it against his chest and plays like a prodigy, with his eyes completely close. It’s so fascinating watching him that sometimes I surprise myself when I’m holding my breath, and even I don’t realize that until I gasp for air.

It doesn’t help that he’s handsome neither. At least, he seems handsome from here. His orange hair is wild and moves with him, falling on his forehead every time he looks down to his guitar. He’s too far to distinguish his color eyes or his features, but details don’t matter when it combines with his passion for music. There’s a trust in him that I find it irresistible. I’ve always admire musicians that are able to disconnect from everything and everyone around them to put all his attention on his music. Be able to disconnect from the world and let go completely is something that I’ve always wanted, the trust to do it, but I simply don’t have it.

This boy has it. He’s trustful and talented. I’ve always be a fan of musicians, but more in a fantasy way. They’re a different race. A race that rarely makes good boyfriends.

He gives me a stare as he could read my thoughs, and then a soft smile appears on his face. He doesn’t stops playing, so I let my arms fall, I put my notebook again on my lap and look down. I hate that he caught me looking intensely at him. It’s not like I was doing something wrong, its just that it feels weird to him know that I was watching him. I lift my head again and he’s still looking at me, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter