VII - Vandalism

[DubChaeng: One shots/Short Stories]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“SON CHAEYOUNG!” Dahyun shouted at the figure running away from the scene “That girl…aish.”

Dahyun looked at the wall that’s been tainted by a red paint that writes a single letter in the white wall. It was letter ‘O’.

“Another O?”

It was already the 6th times Dahyun caught Chaeyoung vandalizing the wall on her favorite spot in the school. It all started on the first semester of their fourth year in high school.

Flashback…

Dahyun walked towards her favorite spot of the school, the back of the College Building. She just became the Council President and just ended her speech in the morning assembly. After the speech, she immediately walked away. She hates attention, after all.

But when she arrived at the place, she saw a familiar girl…Son Chaeyoung. She was Dahyun’s classmate and crush since they were freshmen and Chaeyoung even knows this place was Dahyun’s spot since she accidentally saw Dahyun there.

But what is she doing?

That’s when Dahyun realized that Chaeyoung was actually vandalizing the wall.

“Ya, ya, ya, YA! What are you doing?”

When Chaeyoung glanced and saw Dahyun, she smiled before she dropped the paint spray and ran away. Dahyun looked at what Chaeyoung vandalized…it was just a letter ‘U’.

Dahyun likes Chaeyoung for being unpredictable and unique but Dahyun knows that everything Chaeyoung does have meanings. She didn’t know what this means, though.

And even though Chaeyoung is Dahyun’s crush, she still called Chaeyoung to the Council’s office and gave her a penalty for vandalizing the wall.

The second time was a few weeks after the first one. Dahyun saw that letter ‘O’ on the wall but she didn’t saw Chaeyoung. Though she called the girl again to the Council’s office and gave her penalties though it still keeps repeating.

The third time was ‘Y’.

The fourth time was ‘E’

The fifth time was ‘V’

Today was the sixth and it was another ‘O’.

“Why does she do this when I know that it’s her? Shouldn’t she change the color or the spot?” Dahyun muttered and called Myoui Mina, a councilor

 

(What is it, President?)

“Mina sshi, can you please call Son Chaeyoung again?”

(Again…Why does she keeps doing that?)

“I don’t know. Anyways, I’m on my way. Call her, alright?”

(Okay.)

“Thank you.”

(You’re welcome.)

“Oh. And, Mina sshi…please don’t let Momo sshi kiss your neck or any parts of you while I’m calling. I can hear your…moans. Bye.”

 

Dahyun ended the call and walked towards the Council office when she heard the announcement.

“CALLING SON CHAEYOUNG! PLEASE PROCEED TO THE COUNCIL’S OFFICE IMMEDIATELY!”

“AGAIN! CALLING FOR SON CHAEYOUNG! PLEASE PROCEED IMMEDIATELY!”

Dahyun immediately went to the office too and when she got there, Chaeyoung was already there. Dahyun walked towards her table and sat down.

“Momo sshi, I told you to control it…especially when I’m calling. ESPECIALLY THAT!” Dahyun scold

“I’m sorry, Pres.”

“Don’t do it again. Oh…Mina sshi, please button your uniform and fix your hair.” Mina immediately did what Dahyun told her to “Then, you may leave now. I’ll call you after I talked with Chaeyoung, privately. Okay?”

“Yes, President.”

When both of the councilor went out, Dahyun faced Chaeyoung.

“It’s been the 6th times, Son Chaeyoung.”

“I know. I’m sorry.”

“Why are you doing this, anyway?”

“I’m trying to…confess something.”

“And what is that?”

“You’ll know once it’s complete.”

“So it’s not complete yet? That means you’re going to vandalize there again?”

“Yup. There’s only two  left anyway.”

“Aish…fine.”

“Same penalty?”

“Yup.”

Dahyun noticed that Chaeyoung chuckled and smile.

“Why are you smiling?”

“Because everytime this happens, you always give me the same penalty. Shouldn’t that go up everytime I came here?”

“Ah…right. Well…it’s fine. You can just buy the white paint and re-paint that again. That’s still a penalty.” ‘Better thank me that you’re my crush.’

“Alright. Thanks, President Kim.”

“Yeah.”

“So…can I leave now? I have a wall to paint.”

“Sure.”

“See you, President.”

“See you again, I guess.”

Chaeyoung walked out of the Council’s office while Dahyun called the councilors for a meeting. A few minutes later, the other councilors came.

“What is it, President?”

“I’m assigning the officers to patrol the school every break time especially the spot where Chaeyoung keeps vandalizing on. She said that there are two more and I don’t want other students to start vandalizing too.”

“Yes, President.”

“Alright. Monday, Nayeon and Jeongyeon. Tuesday, Sana and Tzuyu. Wednesday, Jihyo and Wendy. Thursday, Joy and Yeri. Then, I’ll do the Fridays. Mina and Momo, stay at the Council office all the time because I need you here. Though…remember what I said earlier.”

“Yes, President.”

They discuss some things before Dahyun dismissed them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next days, Dahyun would always ask the officers if there’s news about Chaeyoung’s doing but they weren’t any. It was already Thursday of the another week but there was still no Chaeyoung.

“Why do you look sad, President?” Mina asked

“Oh…nothing.”

“She just miss Chaeyoung since Chaeyoung hasn’t been h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter