II - Vacation (Part 2)

[DubChaeng: One shots/Short Stories]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung was lying in her bed while waiting for a text from Dahyun when her phone vibrated. She grab it and read the message.

 

My pretty, beautiful, lovely, gorgeous and perfect Dahyun unnie: Hey, Chaeng. Can you come at the lobby? I have something to say.

Me: Alright. Wait for me there, okay? I'll be there in a minute.

 

Chaeyoung immediately stood up and grab her jacket since it was a cold night. She checked the clock and it indicates 8:56PM. She hurried outside since Dahyun is waiting for her.

When she got there, she saw Dahyun sitting alone on the couch in the lobby. She walked towards her and sat beside the girl.

"It took you 7 hours before texting me. I'm sad."

"I'm sorry. My parents and I went out."

"HAHA. I'm kidding. So, what's wrong?"

"Can we walk on the beach?"

"You can't walk on water, Hyunnie."

"I mean, walk around the beach."

"You're so fun to tease. But anyways, let's head outside."

Both of them stood up and went out of the hotel. The cold air hitted so hard making Dahyun shiver since she wasn't wearing a jacket.

Chaeyoung took off hers and wrapped it around Dahyun.

"You should have bought jacket, Hyun."

"Sorry."

"It's fine. Come on."

They walked in the sand while enjoying the calm view of the sea.

"So, what did you want to say?"

"I'm...returning to Seoul tonight."

Chaeyoung stopped on her tracks making Dahyun stop too.

"What?"

"I'm leaving tonight."

​​​​​​"Like later?"

"Yeah. At 11PM. They booked a flight, already."

"O-Oh. Why'd you tell me this?"

​​​​​​"Because...uhh...we're friends? I guess."

"Right... "

"The other reason is...I want to spend the remaining 2 hours I have left here with you. Care to take me for a tour?"

Chaeyoung chuckled and handed out her hand.

"You have to hold my hand, though."

Dahyun smiled and took it "Gladly."

Chaeyoung took Dahyun back to the hotel. She made Dahyun stood in front of the door 29.

"Uhh...What are we doing?"

"Re-enact." Chaeyoung answered as she stood in front of Dahyun "This is where you first saw me."

"In you tank top, by the way."

"I was working out when you knocked."

"I see."

"So...when I opened the door, I saw a goddess. I was sad at first because I thought she was my bestfriend's girlfriend. Turns out she just want to return Tzuyu's jacket."

Dahyun chuckled and pinched Chaeyoung's nose "And you made me pissed by not taking the jacket so that it'll be a win-win for you."

"Can't help that I was drown in your beauty." Chaeyoung answered as she looked straight into Dahyun's eyes, making her blush.

"Moving on..."

"Right."

​​​​​​They held hands again and walked towards the pancake place. They sat at the furthest, just like last time.

"You were sitting here and I had the urge to sit with you. That's the day I knew about Sana and your love for chocolates."

"​​You were a creepy stalker."

"I'm not creepy. Just a stalker. That feeling American guy is the creepy one."

"Yeah. Thank you for that, by the way. I didn't know you speak English fluently."

"Well...I was in overseas for a month."

"Oh. I see. No wonder why."

"I also got your number and texted you that day."

"Don't forget that you changed my wallpaper."

"My smile is cute, anyways."

'Agree.' Dahyun thought

Next, they walked towards the MoonSun Restaurant.

"Remember that weird couple which is also the owner?" Chaeyoung asked

"Yeah. They were quite weird and made a great impression. I would totally remember them."

"Right. So, about what they said...is there a chance that might happen?"

Dahyun blushed because she did remembered but pretended she didn't remember.

"What did they say? I forgot."

"Nevermind. It wasn't that important, anyways."

"O-Oh."

"Moving on."

That's what they did. They went to places and reminisce their memories. They went back to the beach and sat down in the sand.

"How many minutes left?"

Dahyun looked in her watch and counted "7 minutes."

"Hmmm..."

Dahyun leaned and rested her head on Chaeyoung's famous shoulder while Chaeyoung wrapped her arms around Dahyun.

"Will you be able to visit Seoul sometimes, Chaeng?"

"I live in Jeju. So...I don't know if my parents will allow me to travel that far alone."

"You could bring Tzuyu."

"Tzuyu's parents are strict. Tzuyu had to trick them just to be here in Daegu for two weeks."

"O-Oh. That's...too bad."

"But don't worry, I'll think of a way."

"Really? You would do that?"

"Ofcourse. If it's for you, then why not?"

Dahyun blushed and looked down to hide her face.

"Stop joking around, Ms. Son."

"Can't help it when you're so cute while blushing, Ms. Kim."

Dahyun chuckled and looked at her watch. It was time to leave.

"Time to head back, Chaeng."

"Alright."

They said that but no one moved. No one wants to.

But Dahyun needed to go now, so Chaeyoung stood up and offered her hand to Dahyun. She pulled Dahyun up but didn't let go of her hand. Instead, she intertwined them and they walked towards the hotel.

Again, they were standing in front of Dahyun's room.

"I wonder why do I always end up here." Chaeyoung joked but Dahyun ignored it and hugged Chaeyoung.

"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you more, Hyunnie."

"Thanks for accompanying me this week."

"It was the greatest weekend ever."

Dahyun broked the hug and took off Chaeyoung's jacket. She handed it to the girl but Chaeyoung refused and push it back to Dahyun.

"Why?"

"Keep it. Give it back when we see each other again, alright?"

Dahyun chuckled but nodded anyway.

"Now, time to go. Let's stay connected. Text or call me. No matter when."

"Thanks, Chaeng."

​​​​​​"No problem, Dahyun unnie."

The door opened and Dahyun's parents were ready to leave.

"Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Kim." Chaeyoung greeted again with a bow

"Chaeyoung sshi, take you for taking care of our Duburi this week. We're really thankful."

"It was my pleasure, auntie."

"We have to leave now, though. You should visit us sometimes, Chaeyoung. Bring your father if he misses me. Haha."

"I'll try to, uncle. Have a safe trip."

"Alright. Let's go, Dahyun."

"You guys head to the lobby first. I'll catch up."

"Okay."

Dahyun's parents rode the elevator, leaving the two of then alone in the hall.

"You're going to be late. Head down now."

"I'll see you again, okay?"

"Of course, Hyunnie. It's not the end of the world. We'll meet again."

"Okay. See you." Dahyun said and walked away but came back and pecked Chaeyoung's cheeks "Payback." she said and ran away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dahyun's flight just landed but Chaeyoung still haven't gotten a reply from her. She's been waiting for a text since last night.

"Not going out today, Chae?" Tzuyu asked since it was unusual for Chaeyoung to stay at their room.

"Nah."

"Did you guys had an LQ or something?"

"No."

"Ohmygosh. You guys broke up?"

'How can we broke up when there's no us to begin with?'

"We didn't. She just went back to Seoul."

"Ohh. I see."

"Yeah." Chaeyoung answered and grab her phone to text Dahyun again.

 

Me: Hey, Hyunnie. I hope you arrive safely in Seoul. Text me as soon as you can, okay?

 

5 minutes, still no reply.

 

Me: Hyun, are you okay? Please reply my texts.

Me: I'm kidding. I'll wait. Take your time.

 

30 minutes passed, still nothing.

 

Me: Ya, Hyun. I'm really getting worried. Is there something wrong?

Me: Dahyun unnie, stop ignoring me. Are you okay?

Me: Dahyun. Please reply. Hey!

​​​​​​Me: YA! KIM DAHYUN!

 

Chaeyoung dialed Dahyun's number. It was just ringing.

'Pick up, Hyunnie. Pick up.'

After the 7th ring, it was picked up.

 

(Hello?)

"Ya! Where are you? Are you okay? Is there something wrong?"

(Chaeyoung? Hi. I'm fine.)

"Why aren't you replying my texts?"

(Hmm? I'm sorry. My phone is on silent mode and I fell asleep due to tiredness.)

"Oh. I see."

(Were you worried?)

"Super worried."

(I'm sorry, Chaeng.)

"It's fine. It's good that you're safe. Anyways, go back to sleep. Rest, Hyunnie. I'm hanging up."

 

Chaeyoung was about to end the call when Dahyun stopped her.

 

(Wait...)

"Hmm?"

(Don't...don't hang up yet. I miss you.)

 

Chaeyoung's face blushed and nodded even though Dahyun can't see her.

 

"Uhmm. Sure."

(So, how's your sleep?)

​​​​​​"It was okay. Though I didn't get to text you till 2AM so...it wasn't that...great."

 

Chaeyoung heard Dahyun chuckled.

 

(You're right. Are you outside right now?)

"Nope. I'm a homebody."

(Really? You don't seems like it.)

"I am. It's just that you're an exception."

 

They talked for awhile until Dahyun yawned a few times so Chaeyoung persuaded her to sleep again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyday they would call each other. Even when Chaeyoung returned to Jeju already.

Now, Chaeyoung is in the park. She's waiting for Dahyun's call since the girl was busy with the enrollment since school is starting again.

She was walking around the park when her phone ringed. She looked at the screen and it indicates...

 

Incoming call...Chou.

 

'Why is she calling me? I thought she's busy with the enrollment too?'

Chaeyoung answered the call, anyways.

 

"Yo, Tzu. What's wrong?"

(I have a good news and a great news. What do you want to hear first?)

"The good one."

(Alright. The good one is you can study arts in Seoul even though you're still in high school.)

"What?"

(I asked my parents to enroll me in an arts school in Seoul. We're going there now. You coming?)

"I still need to ask from my parents, Tzu."

(We're not cousins for no reason, Chae. Ofcourse, I told your parents about it. They agreed. Now, hop on.)

"Hop on? Where?"

 

A car stopped in front Chaeyoung and the backseat door opened, revealing Tzuyu.

"Here, Chae."

"You never fail to amuse me, Tzuyu."

"Ofcourse. Now, hurry."

"Alright, alright."

Chaeyoung rode the car and they traveled towards Seoul. Chaeyoung's phone ringed again when they were travelling.

 

Incoming call...My pretty, beautiful, lovely, gorgeous and perfect Dahyun unnie.

 

"Hey. Done with enrollment?"

(Yeah. I'm going home now. Where are you?)

"I...uhh..." Chaeyoung doesn't know if she should keep it for awhile or just tell her already. She choose the first one, anyways. "I'm at the Jeju, ofcourse."

(I see. Anyways, done with my enrollment. I got accepted in the University.)

"Wow. Congrats, Hyunnie."

(Hihi. Thanks.)

"I'll treat you when we meet."

(I'll remember that, okay?)

"Ofcourse."

 

They talked for a while on call and texted each other when the call ended.

By the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter