XIV - Chaeyoung 101

[DubChaeng: One shots/Short Stories]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun has been called a lot of names before…

Jerk

Bastard

Idiot

Stupid

Because of the reason that she was a playgirl. But there’s one name no one expected to be heard him get called…

“Girlfriend…” Chaeyoung muttered “Kim Dahyun is my girlfriend…”

“Yeah, she is…” Tzuyu answered without care

“I’ve said it like a hundred times…it’s still weird.”

“Well…anything sounds weird if you said it a hundred times…Momo. Momo. Momo. Momo.” Mina muttered as she continue to chant Momo’s name

“But other than that…is there anything you want to say to us?” Tzuyu asked

“Well…I also think that Dahyun has been single for too long. She…”

“Doesn’t know how to be a girlfriend?”

“Ye…ah. And there’s also this…thing where she’s not affectionate to me like the way she gets girls.”

“Ohh…are you asking for affections?”

“Look, I’m not the touchy-feely girl but…a little effort may be nice.”

“I understand. I’m dating a former playgirl too. Sana unnie also has flaws but…we’re trying to make it work somehow…”

“I don’t know…” Chaeyoung muttered solemnly “Maybe this is something that wouldn’t work. Maybe…this is a mistake.”

“Mo—What?” Mina muttered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“She said that?” Dahyun asked as she order fries “Chaeyoung said that ‘us’ is a mistake?”

“And she meant it…” Mina answered “Trust me. I dated Chaeyoung before. If you don’t want to lose her…make some efforts. Try harder. Be affectionate, be loyal and…be like a perfect girlfriend that she want and needs. She loves you, Dahyun…”

“Yeah…” Dahyun answered “But…if I can’t be like that and we’ll break up, then I’m just going back to playing with girls. Not a problem…Kim Dahyun is out…” Dahyun muttered as she stood up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But a funny thing happened since for a couple of few days, Dahyun has been affectionate. She’s bringing Chaeyoung breakfast-in-bed, bringing her to dates, bringing her teddies and flowers. In short, she was trying to be the perfect girlfriend.

And it means only one thing  to Chaeyoung…

“She’s cheating on me…”

“WHAT?” Tzuyu exclaimed

“Why else is she like this? This is so weird, Tzu…”

“Oh come on, Chae. Dahyun unnie’s not the type to che—go on…”

“Well…she keeps saying to me that she can’t come to my apartment because she’s busy with her work. But when I call her office, Nayeon unnie would say she left early.”

“That doesn’t prove anything…”

“Proof? She left her case at my apartment.” Chaeyoung said as she got Dahyun’s bag “We…are going to open this. I think Jeongyeon unnie has a sledge hammer or something for this briefcase…”

“No, no. Stop!” Tzuyu said as she stood up and hold Chaeyoung “You’re not a crazy girlfriend, Chae.”

Chaeyoung stopped for a while and let go of the briefcase while Tzuyu got it. At the same time, the door opened and Sana got in.

“Hey, baby. Hey, Chae…”

“Hey, babe.”

“Hi, Sana unnie…”

“I’ve been looking for you everywhere…”

“Why?”

“I’ve won tickets to a concert. I’m just going to grab it and then we’ll go. Are you coming, Chae?”

“Uhh…okay, sure.”

“Great. I’ll be back.” Sana muttered as she went out again

“So…let’s get out of here, Chae.”

“Alright. One sec. I’m just going to get my coat…”

But instead of getting her coat, she got a sledge hammer and opened Dahyun’s briefcase.

“Opps…”

Tzuyu ran to her and tried to stop her again. But she was shocked when she saw a college notes inside Dahyun’s briefcase for work.

“A college notebook?”

“Ohmygosh. That Kim is cheating on me with a college student?”

They walked towards the couch as Chaeyoung read what was written there out loud.

“Birthday: April 23, 1999. Favorite group: TWICE. Age: 23 but looks like 19.” Chaeyoung read but then she realized “Wait a minute…this is notes about me…”

The door opened again and Sana entered with three concert tickets.

“I hope you’re in for TWICELand. Oh yeah…”

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu ignored Sana as they continue to read the notes as sitting in the couch.

“What are you doing with Dahyun’s ‘Secret Son Chaeyoung Notebook’?” Sana asked and her eyes widened as she realized what she asked “Wait…let me rephrase that…Did you two…lose weight?”

“What do you know about this, Sana unnie?” Chaeyoung asked “Why would Dahyun unnie have a notebook full of information about me?”

“Actually, the truth is…Dahyun is taking a night class called ‘Chaeyoung 101’ taught by…Mina.”

“WHAT?” Tzuyu and Chaeyoung exclaimed

“It started couple of days ago…”

 

“Yeah…” Dahyun answered “But…if I can’t be like that and we’ll break up, then I’m just going back to playing with girls. Not a problem…Kim Dahyun is out…” Dahyun muttered as she stood up and walk away but later came back and sat down “Kim Dahyun is back in. Say, hypothetically, I did want to be the perfect girlfriend for Chaeng….which I do not…What kind of changes are we talking about?”

“Right…I mean there’s just too much you need to know about her. For example…do not play rock-paper-scissors with her…”

“Why?”

“Just…don’t. Never ever play rock-paper-scissors with Son Chaeyoung. I swear…you’ll always win.”

Suddenly, Chaeyoung came in and sat down beside them.

“Hey. What are you two talking about?”

“Uhh…TWICE?” they said at the same time

 

“So both of them realized they can’t talk about it in our hang-out place so they went to Mina’s classroom for the lessons.”

Mina is a teacher of ballet so she has a classroom in Seoul Arts School. So Dahyun and Mina took this chance for them have classes without Chaeyoung knowing.

“Take a peek of every lessons…” Sana offered as she took a seat beside the two

“Lesson number 1: Son Chaeyoung’s want and needs…” Chaeyoung read out loud then read the details in silent “Well…some of them are on point but not all. Anyways…”

“Lesson number 2: Top 10 Son Chaeyoung’s facial expression and their meaning?” Tzuyu muttered “Really? Facial expressions and meaning?”

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter