XIII - Pied Piper

[DubChaeng: One shots/Short Stories]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung pasted several pictures in the blackboard from her envelope. She wrote ‘DNA’ on top of the board and started to write the supporting details below the pictures.

“So…I’m going to trivia today is about…my favorite K-POP girl group, DNA.” Chaeyoung said infront of the class with a smile “They debuted on October 20 with the song Like Ooh Ahh and have been very famous even though they’ve only been here to two years. They received more awards than the other old KPOP group which cause the fan wars but…let’s proceed to their members. They have 8 members.”

Chaeyoung opened her envelope and got 7 pictures then pasted it on the blackboard.

“The first member is their leader, Park Jihyo which is also the main vocalist. The second is the oldest, Im Nayeon which is the face-of-the-group. The third one is oppa Yoo Jeongyeon which is also the appa of the group. Im Nayeon is her wife since she’s the eomma of the group. The fourth one is Hirai Momo, a Japanese which happens to be the main dancer. Fifth one is Minatozaki Sana which is also a Japanese and one of the dancer-vocalist. Their maknae, Chou Tzuyu which is also the visuals and the most savage member. Last…but not the least is my ultimate bias…Kim Dahyun, the main rapper of DNA. She’s nicknamed tofu for having a white complex and she’s the Nation’s First Love. Her eye-smile is something that can easily be remembered from her and also her kindness is something else. She was born on May 28, 1998 in Seongnam, Gyeonggi-do and joined the entertainment on July 7, 2012. Her favorite drink is chocolate milk, she’s scared of animals and she famous for her eagle dance. If you need more information about DNA, don’t hesitate to ask me…I’m willing to answer all of your questions as long as you won’t take my bias away.” Chaeyoung added “That’s all…Thank you…”

The class was quiet…and the teacher was looking at Chaeyoung with an unexplainable reaction.

“Oh…kay, Ms. Son. Thank you for that trivia but…the trivia I mean is about our lesson in Science. But…anyways, good job explaining it. I…actually kind of want to know them.”

“Yes, Ms. You should…”

“Alright. Have a seat, Ms. Son.”

“Thank you, Ms.”

Chaeyoung took a seat and noticed her grumpy seatmate.

“Are you okay?”

“Hmm…”

“You’re being grumpy. Is something wrong?”

“Nothing…”

“Are you jealous again?”

“Shut up, Chae…”

“You are jealous.” Chaeyoung chuckled “Come on, Mina unnie. They’re just my favorite group. It’s not like I’m going to fall inlove with all of them, right?”

“Yes. But how about Kim Dahyun?”

“W-What?”

Mina faced Chaeyoung with a poker face “How about you fall inlove with Kim Dahyun?”

“As if that’ll happen…”

“Anything’s possible, Chaeyoung…”

“Calm down, unnie. It’s not going to happen. Besides…I only love Kim Dahyun as a bias. I love you as my girlfriend…See the difference?”

“Whatever, Chae…”

“Please forgive me, my penguin. What can I do to be forgiven?”

“…Cut off your watching time with the DNA.”

“Is that all?”

“Oh…especially Kim Dahyun.”

“Unnie…Kim Dahyun will never get to know me. She has a million fans out there…how am I going to be the only one she’ll remember?”

“Right…anyways, I just don’t want you to be addicted to her.”

“Alright, fine…If that’s what you want…”

“Hmm…and can I have a sleep-over at your house?”

“Wae? Your family left again?”

“Oh. They’re on another trip…”

“No problem, then. Anything for you…”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mina went to Chaeyoung’s house and went upstairs to head towards Chaeyoung’s room. Even though she just climbed the stairs, the sound of the DNA’s song could be heard. With a sigh, Mina knocked on the door. The music was turned off before she heard a footsteps and the door opened.

“H-Hey…You’re finally here, unnie. I was waiting for you…” Chaeyoung said “Come inside so we can prepare our bed.”

“I know you’ve been listening…”

“Y-Yeah…Atleast I didn’t watch their VL—Freaking sht. Dahyun will be live today…”

“What?”

“Kim Dahyun will be live on VLIVE tonight. I’m sorry, Mina unnie but…I have to watch this.”

“Fine…What is she going to do anyway?”

“She’s going to dance their song ‘Silver Spoon’ and going to spoil something for their next comeback.”

“Ahh…alright, whatever…”

Chaeyoung immediately ran towards the computer while Mina sighed. She later followed and sat beside Chaeyoung to watch the VLIVE.

“Hey, guys. This is Kim Dahyun…and as promised I will solo dance the ‘Silver Spoon’ and…going to spoil our next comeback after. Are you all ready?” the silver-haired idol said through the screen “Alright…let’s start it then. Jeongyeon unnie, kindly play the music.”

“On it, Kim.” Jeongyeon answered from behind the camera

“Ohmygosh, Jeongyeon sshi is there too?” Chaeyoung exclaimed

“Who’s Jeongyeon?”

“Yoo Jeongyeon, our one and only oppa.”

“A-Ahh…the short-hair…”

“Yes…that’s the one…”

The music soon started to sound…

 

They call me baebsae

We were curse at this generation

Hurry chase them

Thanks to the storks, my leg spread

 

“OHMYGOSH, KIM DAHYUN!” Chaeyoung fangirl “SHE’S SO GOOD!”

“Y-Ya, Chae. Slow down…My poor eardrums are hurt…” Mina said ‘And also my heart…’ she thought

“O-Oh…sorry. She’s just too awesome…WAAAAAAAH!”

 

Change the rules, change, change

The storks want it, want it, maintain

It won’t work that way BANG BANG

This isn’t normal (2x)

                                                                                                                                            

Ah, quit your efforts on singing that song

Ah, my two hands and feet are shriveling up

Ah, effort effort, ah, effort effort

 

“THAT BODY ROLL!”

Ah, the chances are slim

As expected of the stork

 

Mina suddenly stood up and left Chaeyoung’s side while Chaeyoung was too caught up watching Dahyun. Mina decided to sleep first while Chaeyoung continue to watch until the end of Dahyun’s dance.

“Alright…now I’m going to tell you a spoiler.” Dahyun said as she sat down in the floor of their dance room and grab a water then drink it before proceeding “Okay. So we’re going to have a secret fanmeeting. One lucky fan will be lucky to hear the tone of one song in the next album.”

“Aww…unfair.” Chaeyoung whined

“And…the clue of the fanmeeting place is…” Dahyun trailed as she look at Jeongyeon “Is it okay to say a clue? Ok? Ok? Alright…So the clue for the fanmeeting place is…it’s going to happen in one of the large schools in Seoul. To those who happen to be lucky to find the place,  see you there. I love you all.”

“How am I supposed to find the place, Dahyunnie?” Chaeyoung muttered

Dahyun stood up and was about to turn the VLIVE off but she came back “I can’t believe I forgot. The song that will be spoiled is the song I composed. It doesn’t have a lyrics yet but…I’m proud of it. Bye…”

With that, Dahyun turn the VLIVE off. Chaeyoung stood up and went to the bed to lay beside Mina.

“Unnie, are you sleeping?”

“……”

“I guess you are…I’m sorry once again and…goodnight.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Days passed but Chaeyoung still couldn’t find where the place is. She was surfing through her internet in her laptop and listening to DNA’s Dead Leaves when Mina came in.

“Oh…Hey, unnie. You’re here. I didn’t know you were coming.”

“Yeah…Why are you here?”

“Hmm? Well…the fact that this is my hou—“

“That’s not what I meant. Today is the fanmeeting of DNA. Why…are you still here?”

“WHAT? IT’S TODAY? And…how did you know?”

“A close friend of mine is going there…”

“WHAT? Why didn’t you told me? Where is it?”

“I’ll tell you but…you have to choose. Me or DNA?”

 

Over there, the autumn leaves that look like they’re at stake

Seems like they’re looking at us

If our hands touch, even if it’s all at once

It only seems like it’s going to be crumbs

I just only looked with the winds of autumn

The speech and facial expressions that have gotten colder all of a sudden

I can only see our relationship withering

 

“W-What?”

Like the autumn sky, it’s empty between us

An ambiguous difference that is different from before

A night that’s much more quiet today

A single autumn leaf that’s attached to the branch

 

“It’s either me or…DNA. Choose wisely, Chaeyoung.”

 

It’s breaking, I can see the thing called end.

The dead leaves, that are becoming more shriveled.

The silence inside your aloof heart

 

“I can’t…”

 

Please don’t fall

Please don’t fall, the dead leaf, that’s becoming crumbs

 

“You need to. The location is Kyung Hee University. Now…are you going? If you are, you’re choosing DNA. If you stay, you’re choosing me.”

“Why…do I need to choose?”

“Because I can’t be like this all the time, Chae.”

 

I want you who makes eye contact with me

I want you who wants me again

 

“You’ve change…and it’s okay but…I can’t keep up with this. Choose now…because I’m letting you go.”

“W-What? No way…”

“Yes.”

Baby you girl

I can’t hold onto you

Baby you girl

I can’t give up on you

 

“I won’t give up on us…”

“I am giving up…Now choose.”

Like the dead leaves that fell

This love, like the dead leaves

 

“I’m sorry, Mina unnie…” Chaeyoung said as she stood up “I love you but…you can’t understand.”

 

Never, never fall

It’s withering yeah

 

Chaeyoung left her room and headed to Kyung Hee University. She walk inside the venue and saw that there was a lot of people in line to meet the DNA. She had to wait for a few minutes before she got into the venue. She was given the number ‘729’ which means she’s going to sit at the back.

Chaeyoung looked for her seat and sat down. The fans were being called slowly while Chaeyoung just watched as the said fans are sitting in the 7 chair prepared for them. After a while, the DNA members entered and the fans went wild including Chaeyoung.

“IM NAYEON! YOO JEONGYEON! MOMO CHAN! SANA CHAN! PARK JIHYO! KIM DAHYUN! CHOU TZUYU! DNA!” the fans chanted as they entered orderly “SARANGHAE!”

The members wave their hands as they took a seat in front of the 7 fans. The members talked to the fans infront of them for a few minutes and then they handed the ‘member-signed’ album to the fans before the fans left their seat. The next batch take over while Chaeyoung calculated how much more time the fans will go there before she got called…

’90 to 91 times before I get called. Damn it. Well…patience is virtue. Have patience, Chaeyoung. Have patience…for DNA, for Kim Dahyun and…for the wasted relationship you’ve just lose because of this.’

After a few hours of talking and handing albums to the fans, the members took a half-hour break.

The leader, Park Jihyo, stood up from her seat and went to the front.

“HELLO, FANS!”

“HI, PARK JIHYO!”

“HOW ARE YOU ALL?”

“WE’RE FINE!”

“GREAT!”

Dahyun stood up too and went to the front, standing beside Jihyo.

“Geez, unnie. You don’t need to shout. They can hear you just fine even if you don’t shout.” Dahyun said with a chuckle before facing the fans “Annyeong haseyo, this is Kim Dahyun.”

The fans went wild upon Dah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter