I - Vacation

[DubChaeng: One shots/Short Stories]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun was sitting in the sand at the beach when a volleyball hit the back of her head.

She heard steps running towards her and she was ready to fight that someone.

"Miss, I'm so--Dahyun!"

Dahyun glanced and saw a short haired girl. A familiar face.

"Jeongyeon unnie."

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Jeongyeon asked as picked the ball.

"Sitting peacefully until a freakin ball come to disturb me."

"I'm so sorry. We were playing volleyball and...my girlfriend spiked the wrong way so I apologize."

"Nayeon unnie is here too? Who else?"

"Jihyo and...the J-Line. You should join us."

J-Line. Minatozaki Sana. Dahyun's ex. Ever since Sana broke up with Dahyun, the gang has never been the same.

Nobody know the real reason why Sana did that but all of them guessed that maybe Sana was getting tired of their relationship. Dahyun was too.

They always fight because of jealousy, tying down each other until they can't breathe in their relationship and Sana's playgirlness never left.

Maybe their break up was a blessing in disguise after all.

​​​"I don't want them to know I'm here yet. Keep it a secret for now, okay?"

​​​​"Sure, Dubu ah."

"Thanks, unnie."

"JEONGYEON, HURRY!" the others called

Jeongyeon glanced at Dahyun.

"Got to go. You're okay here?"

"It's fine. I'm heading back now, anyways."

"Alright. Be careful."

Dahyun nodded to Jeongyeon before standing up and walking away. She puts her hand in the pocket of her jeans and walked while looking around.

She was just walking until she felt a cold sensation in her chest. She looked in front and saw a girl holding a cup of frappe but only a small amount of it was left.

That's when Dahyun realized that the frappe has been spilled on her.

'I lost my way when I drove here, I almost drowned due to cramps when I swim earlier, I was hit by a ball, I knew my ex was here and now a frappe has been spilled on my shirt. Great. Can this day get any better?' Dahyun sarcastically thought as she looked at her shirt.

"I'm sorry. I didn't noticed you. I was running. I didn't mean it."

But since Dahyun is a kind person, she didn't mind it and forgave the girl.

"It's fine."

"Here use my handkerchief to wipe that." the girl said as she handed Dahyun her handkerchief.

"It's fine, really. I'm heading back to the hotel, anyways."

"If that's the case, take my jacket." the girl said and took off her jacket. She offered it to Dahyun. "I stay in the hotel too. 2nd floor, Room 29. You can just return it later."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Please wear that for awhile as an apology."

​​​​​​Dahyun smiled as she took the girl's jacket.

"Thank you."

"No problem and I'm so sorry. I was chasing my girlfriend who ran in this direction and I didn't see you coming."

"It's okay. Well...I got to go."

​​​​​"Alright. I'm really sorry, by the way."

Dahyun just smiled and continue walking towards the hotel. She took a shower and hand-washed her shirt because she prefers to. Then, she dry her hair as she watch Nickelodeon.

Her phone vibrated so she got it from the night stand. She left it there earlier when she went for a swim. It has 15 messages and 7 missed call.

 

Dad - 6 messages and 5 missed call

Mom - 8 messages and 2 missed call

 

Dahyun's parents text was all about where was she, why did she leave without saying and worried text. She replied them her location and told her she'll be back in a week. The last text was from Jihyo, though.

 

From: Park Thomas unnie

Hey. We're at Daegu for vacation. Do you think you can catch up here?

 

To: Park Thomas unnie

Where are you staying?

 

From: Park Thomas unnie

KangBae Hotel. J-Line are staying in one room. 2nd floor, Room 10. NaJeong are staying in Room 9. I'm staying at Room 21. You can stay with me here.

​​​​​

To: Park Thomas unnie

Where are you now?

 

From: Park Thomas unnie

At my room. The others are playing at the beach.

 

To: Park Thomas unnie

I see. Wait...

 

Dahyun got up and grab that girl's jacket before getting out of the room. She's staying at the 2nd floor too so what a great coincidence. 

She walked at the hall and stood in front of the room 21. She knocked on the door and made sure she blocked the peephole.

The doorknob turned and the door opened. Dahyun smiled when she get to see Jihyo's surprised face.

"Surprise."

Jihyo blinked her eyes for awhile and realized that she wasn't hallucinating. She immediately hugged Dahyun. She let go after awhile and looked at the girl in front of her.

"Last time I saw you, you were still broken hearted. You even changed your hair back to black last time but now it has blue and blond dyes. You moved on."

​​​​​"Well...everything happens for a reason that's why it's such a waste to be sad about changes."

"You're right. But why didn't you contacted the gang for a month?"

"I was in the Paris. It's such a bother to change my sim card."

"What were you doing in Paris?"

"Finding the love of my life."

"Just a day after the break up? Stop kidding me."

"Alright, alright. I was there because I want to stay away for awhile."

"Did your parents know?"

"They came with me in Paris though I came back here at Korea alone without telling them. Now, can I come in?"

Jihyo laughed as she gave way for Dahyun to enter the room.

​​​​They talked for awhile until evening came.

"We're having dinner at a floating restaurant. You coming?"

"I'll pass. Don't tell anyone I'm here. Only you and Jeongyeon unnie saw me yet."

"Alright. But don't came out of nowhere. Your ex may die from heart attack."

"Okay. See you unnie."

​​​​​Dahyun was about to walk put of the door when Jihyo stopped her. Jihyo walked towards the her and handed Dahyun the girl's jacket.

"You left your jacket."

"Oh. I just borrowed this though."

"Yeah. From who?"

"A girl at the beach."

​​​​​​"WHAT? WHAT IF IT HAS BOMBS?"

​​​​​"Calm down. You've been watching too many detective dramas."

​​​​​​"I'll check it first."

Jihyo did checked the jacket when she realized something.

"Hey, Dahyun ah."

"Yeah?"

"How did you met this girl?"

"She accidentally bumped into me. Why?"

"Because... Sana has the same jacket as her."

"What do you mean?"

"Look."

Jihyo hold the jacket and Dahyun can see the design in front. It has a heart and a writings in the middle saying 'SaTzu'.

Jihyo then turned the jacket and the back says 'Tzuyu' with a number '25' below.

​​​​​"Sana has the same except hers says 'Sana' and '12' at the back. Don't you think that 'SaTzu' means...Sana and Tzuyu?"

​​​​​​Dahyun remained silent. Sana has never done that before. Why now? Is she serious about this Tzuyu girl? Moreover, what is their status? Are they in a relationship? How long now? Is this one of the reason of the break up?

A lot of questions are running in Dahyun's head but Jihyo interrupted.

"DAHYUN!"

"W-what?"

"You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm...good. I better return this. Maybe it's important to her."

​​​​​​"Alright. Don't skip dinner later, okay?"

"Okay."

Dahyun closed the door to Jihyo's room and walked towards Room 29. She knocked on the door. Once...Twice...Thrice.

'Is she still on the outside? I'll comeback later then.'

Dahyun turned around and was about to walk away when the door opened. It wasn't Tzuyu though. It was a girl who is a little shorter than Dahyun, cute but expressionless, red short hair, broad shoulders and Dahyun can see her abdomen part (abs) since she's only wearing a tank top. 

'I could swear I knocked on the right door.'

"Excuse me but do you need something?" the red-hair girl asked

"Uhh...Is Tzuyu in here?"

"Oh. Are you Sana sshi? Tzuyu's girlfriend? I have finally see you. Tzuyu is still out. She'll be back for awhile. How about you enter for now?"

'So, Tzuyu is Sana's new girlfriend.'

​​​​​​"Ah, no. I'm not Tzuyu's girlfriend. I'm just here to return her jacket."

​​​​​​"Really? I thought...anyways, how did Tzuyu lend you that? That bastard is still flirting?"

"No, no. There was an accident. She spilled frappe on me."

"Ahh. I see."

​​​​​​"Can you please give it to her when she gets back?" Dahyun asked as she handed the jacket to the red-hair.

"Hmm...nope."

"Excuse me, what?"

​​​​"I said nope. I won't give it to her."

"Why?"

"How about you stay here for awhile and wait for her? If that's okay, if not then just come back here later."

"Why wouldn't you just get this?"

The red-hair chuckled and smirked at Dahyun.

"So it's a win-win."

"Win-win?"

"Yeah. If you'll enter, I can spend more time admiring you. If you'll come back later, I can see you again. See? Win-win." the girl answered boldly

Dahyun blushed at their situation. It was awkward. Luckily for Dahyun and unlucky for the red-hair, Tzuyu came.

"Hey, miss."

​​​​​​"Hey, Tzuyu. Here's your jacket."

"Thanks. I'm really sorry about earlier."

​​​​​​"It's fine. I'll head back now."

"Alright. See you, miss."

​​​​​​Dahyun walked a few steps but hadn't left completely. She was about to but she heard something so she stopped for awhile.

"You're such a bad timing, Chou Tzuyu." Dahyun heard the red-hair said.

"Why?"

"I was about to know the name of that goddess."

Dahyun blushed at the red-hair statement.

"I'm sorry, Chae. Better luck next time."

​---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dahyun was sitting in the pancake place, just a walking distance from the hotel. She decided to eat breakfast there because she knows that the other will eat at the hotel.

She ordered chocolate pancake with chocolate syrup and a cup of hot choco.

Yes, Dahyun is addicted to chocolates.

She sat down at the furthest table and started scrolling her news feed at the twitter while eating. She was also texting Jihyo and her parents so she was busy. Too busy to notice that someone already sat in front of her since minutes ago.

"So...are you just going to ignore me?"

"!" Dahyun cursed and looked in front of her. She saw the red-hair girl from last night, sitting across her. " How long have you been sitting there?"

"Since...your hot choco was full."

"You've been here right from the start?"

"Yup. I actually arrived here first, I was sitting at the other table but you came so I had the urge to sit with you."

"Why are you here, anyways?"

"To eat with a goddess. Though I couldn't because I was busy staring at you, I forgot to eat."

Dahyun blushed but choose to ignore the girl again.

"I'm waiting for Tzuyu. She's coming here with her girlfriend to have a pancake date."

"THEY'RE COMING HERE?"

'SHT. I NEED TO LEAVE, NOW.' Dahyun thought

"Yup. Oh, here they are." the red-hair said as she wave her hand.

'SHT. SHT. SHT.'

​​​​​​"Hey, Tzuyu. Hey, Sana sshi."

"Hey, Chae."

"This place sells great pancakes. You should order now." 

"Right. Who is this girl, though?"

"The girl from last night."

"Ohh. I see. Then, let's go give then some space. Right, baby?"

'Baby? Sana hate callsigns...used to'

"Sure, babe." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter