X - Hitman

[DubChaeng: One shots/Short Stories]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A limousine entered the school gates and stopped at the school entrance.

“Always remember to update me, Chaeyoung.”

“Yes, dad.”

“Keep your cellphone close to you.”

“I know.”

“Alright. See you later.”

Chaeyoung got down the limousine and entered the school building. She looked at the map that’s been posted in the bulletin board to find her classroom. When she saw it, she headed there.

‘2nd year, class A…’ she thought and entered the classroom. She sat on the last row and the closest chair beside the back door so it will be convenience for her

Everything was normal for Chaeyoung. She introduce herself to the class since she’s a transferee. It was normal for Chaeyoung to do this since she always change school whenever her dad have different jobs.

You see, Chaeyoung’s father is a hitman. She is, too. Her mother died at a young age and her father decided to train her in using the guns. Their agency is famous since they target corrupt politician and any other dangerous people that their clients request to them.

Chaeyoung may be in her second year high school  but she’s one of the greatest hitman in their agency. Ofcourse, her father still wants her to finish her studies.

2nd period was over and a girl came to Chaeyoung.

“Annyeong, Chaeyoung. I’m the Class President. My name is Kim Dahyun, it’s nice to meet you.”

“Oh…”

“Since you’re new here, you may be feeling a little lost around so don’t hesitate to come to ask me for help, alright?”

“Thanks…”

“Alright. By the way, it’s already recess time. You can now go to the cafeteria.”

“I think I’ll stay here.”

“Okay. I’ll see you around, Chaeyoung.”

“Oh…”

The girl walked away and Chaeyoung received a message. She doesn’t need to look at it to know who it is because only her father text her.

Dad: When you get home, get dressed into a formal attire and attend a party in ******. I’ll be there. But do not forget to bring your attire.

Chae: Alright.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dismissal came after a few hours so Chaeyoung headed home. She changed her uniform into a white sleeveless dress and wear her white sandals.

She then put a black t-shirt, black jeans, black cap and black shoes inside her handbag. She grab her phone before leaving the house and went into the address that her dad message her using her car.

She parked her car inside the mansion and got down. There was a party inside and Chaeyoung searched for her father. She saw him sitting in the farthest table inside the hall.

“Hey, dad.”

“Oh, Chaeyoung. You’re here.”

“Yeah…”

“It’s another job.”

“I figured…Who?”

“It’s the daughter of Counselor Kim. She’s here and I want you to take care of it.”

“Sure…Her picture?”

“Right…here.” her dad said and handed her a picture

‘Huh? It’s our Class President. She’s a daughter of a corrupt Counselor, huh…’

“Is her father a corrupt politician?”

“No…It’s a job from his rival.”

“What? Then, why is his daughter the one who’s being targeted?”

“Apparently, the rival wants Counselor Kim to suffer. This is his step one.” Chaeyoung’s dad explained “Why are you suddenly asking? You usually do this without questions.”

“I’m just curious.”

“I see…Anyways, the sniper is in the rooftop. Later when the girl comes out, you shot her in the heart. Understand?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Wait till the party is about to end.”

“Okay…” Chaeyoung answered and she sat on the table

The party started and her father excused himself to talk to the persons he knew. They may be hitmans but Chaeyoung’s father is also known as the CEO of Son’s Group of Companies.

Someone suddenly sat in the table so Chaeyoung glanced and saw the Class President…Kim Dahyun, the girl she’s about to kill.

“Hey…”

“Oh…”

“I didn’t know you were Mr. Son Hyunwoo’s daughter.”

“You know him?”

“Yeah. He’s pretty famous.”

“Hmm…How about you? I didn’t know you’re the daughter of a counselor.”

“Ah…haha. Whether I like it or not, I can’t do anything about it.” Dahyun said with a fake smile

“You don’t like your father’s job?”

“Uhh…a little bit. He’s always busy and never have time for me. I may be the youngest but he always favor my older brothers.”

“O-Oh…I’m the only child so I can’t relate.”

“It’s fine…By the way, do you have a lighter?”

“You smoke?”

“No, no. I’m just going to do something.”

“Alright.” Chaeyoung grab a lighter from her handbag, she always brings it in case of emergency “Here.”

“Thank you.” Dahyun said and grab a table napkin before she stood up and went outside

Chaeyoung stood up too and followed her.

“What are you going to do?”

“In the school and even in the house, they thought I’m always the positive one.”

“Aren’t you?”

“Nope. I just hide my true feelings behind a smile.” Dahyun answered as she faked a smile again “But whenever I can’t hide it anymore, I burn it.”

Dahyun grab a pen from her handbag and wrote ‘sadness’ in the table napkin. She burns it using the lighter and let it flew.

“Does that ever works?”

“I don’t know…”

“Hmm…let me try.” Chaeyoung said as she got the table napkin and pen from Dahyun. She wrote ‘guilt’ on the table napkin and burned it too “Well…it works a little bit.”

“Glad to know that.”

“Random question. If you die today, what would be your reaction?”

Dahyun chuckled and faced Chaeyoung “I’d be glad.” she answered honestly and it made Chaeyoung shudder for a second

“O-Oh…really?”

Dahyun laughed “Forget about that, Chaeyoung. Come on, let’s go back inside.”

They entered the hall again and partied. Well, Chaeyoung didn’t. She stayed in the table, waiting for the party to end while Dahyun went around since her dad said so.

The party was almost ending, that’s why Chaeyoung got up. She changed her dress into a black t-shirt, jeans and shoes then did her hair into a ponytail and wore a cap over it.

She then headed to the rooftop where the sniper is located. She put one bullet on the magazine and loaded the sniper. She positioned herself and waited for Dahyun to come out.

After 5 minutes, Dahyun came out together with her father and some friends. Chaeyoung target the sniper into Dahyun’s heart.

“I’m sorry and…you’re welcome.” Chaeyoung muttered

She was about to shoot but she stopped. She decided to look at Dahyun’s face for the last time and what she saw made her scared, Dahyun was looking at her…and she’s smiling a relieve smile.

“Sht…”

Dahyun didn’t moved. She stayed at there, waiting for the bullet to hit her but…it didn’t.

‘Why didn’t I shoot her?’ Chaeyoung questioned herself as she went to the bathroom and changed her attire into the dress again

She went down                and noticed that only her father is left at the hall.

“Why didn’t you do it?” her dad asked as soon as she got close

“She saw me…”

“And that’s more reason that you should have shot her.”

“Yeah…but…she smiled when she saw me.”

Chaeyoung’s dad looked at her weirdly.

“And?”

“I don’t want to kill her…yet. I want to know what she feels first.”

Chaeyoung’s dad chuckled and got her phone. He dialed someone and talked to that person.

“Hello…I’m postponing the assassination of Mr. Kim’s daughter. Whether you like it or not…Goodbye.” her dad ended the call and looked at her “Do what you want, Chaeyoung. You rarely do this, after all…”

“Thanks, dad.”

“No problem…”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaeyoung was sitting in her classroom when someone slammed their hands

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter