XV - Started with a Kiss

[DubChaeng: One shots/Short Stories]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So we are going to one of the famous art museum in Seoul. Anyone who wants to come, pay for your entrance fee and bring your snacks. I will be your guardian so behave well…”

“Yes, Ms. Park…”

Few days later, the day of the visiting came. They rode the bus and headed to the museum.

“Okay. I can’t guard you all, so form by group…” Park Jihyo instructed “You’re free to roam with your group but remember to meet up at the entrance at lunchtime. Understand?”

“Yes, Ms…”

“Alright…Move out.”

The students all move to different stations of the art museum. Chaeyoung doesn’t actually have friends so she just followed the others who are also going to the station she wants to go. After touring at some stations, Chaeyoung headed alone to the guarded station.

“Can I…walk inside?”

“Children are not allowed inside, kid.”

“I’m a fourth year highschool student.”

“O-Oh…sorry. Go in, then.”

The guard opened the barrier and Chaeyoung went inside. She look around the whole place and noticed that it was different from the others. There were statues and monuments but it wasn’t inside a glass, some were marbles and some were gold or silver.

But one painting caught Chaeyoung’s eyes. She walked towards it and stared…Something about the painting caught Chaeyoung’s attention. It was a painting where a war is happening…between angels and devils, as it seems.

“Man muss noch Chaos in sich haben; um emen tanzenden Stern gebaren zu konnen…What?”

All of a sudden, Chaeyoung seems to be in a different place. There were 7 girls with her in the room now. She was sure that she was alone before but all of a sudden…she was joined by 7 girls.

“Welcome…” a golden-haired girl greeted her “It seems to me that…you were swallowed by the art’s beauty. Am I right?”

“The painting?”

“Uh-huh…”

“Ahh…oh. I like it…” Chaeyoung answered then the golden-haired girl smirked “Is there any problem with liking the painting?”

“No, not at all…” the girl answered “I’m actually glad that you like it. Anyways…my name’s Kim Dahyun. It’s nice to meet you…”

“Chaeyoung.”

“Chaeyoung…” Dahyun repeated then smiled “Well…how about I introduce you to some of my…friends.”

“Those girls?”

“Hmm…Hang on…” Dahyun muttered as she close Chaeyoung’s eyes “Here we are…”

When Dahyun removed her hands, Chaeyoung noticed that she was now sitting in a couch.

‘What the heck happened? How did she do that?’

Dahyun sat beside her as they faced the 6 girls who were sitting on the other couch in front.

“Chaeyoung, this is my friends. SinB…” Dahyun named as she point which one is the girl “Yerin…Eunha…Sowon…Yuju…and Umji.”

“N-Nice to meet you all. I’m Son Chaeyoung…”

The girls just smiled at her and nodded. Then, they stood up and went out of the living room.

“Let’s go with them…”

Dahyun stood up and walked while Chaeyoung followed her. They went out of the living room too and headed to the station that Chaeyoung entered last but a bit different since the painting was replaced with a mirror.

Suddenly, someone played the piano inside the hall. She looked around but she couldn’t find the piano. The other girls started to ran out of the hall again while Chaeyoung was staring at the writings above the mirror. It was the same writings above the painting.

Dahyun closed Chaeyoung’s eyes again and when it opened, Chaeyoung saw a statue infront of her.

“W-Who’s that?”

“That’s…a fallen angel. Legend has it that whoever kiss that angel…would be its master. Would you like to figure out if the legend is true?”

Chaeyoung nodded her head and walked towards the statue. She stared at it for a while and noticed the beauty of it. It’s marble but the wings part really looks like a real wings. She took a deep breath before climbing on the stairs and made her way infront of the statue.

Chaeyoung inched in and touched her lips to the lips of the statue. She suddenly heard a thud, making her turn around and saw Dahyun kneeling in the ground.

“D-Dahyun ah…” Chaeyoung called as she went towards Dahyun but she stopped when she saw black wings grew from Dahyun’s back “D-Dahyun?”

Dahyun raised her head and smirked “Thank you so much, Son Chaeyoung. Because of you…I’m free.”

“W-What?”

Dahyun stood up and stretched her body “You broke my curse. Thank you…”

“What curse?”

“I was cursed to live as a mortal in the human world because I’ve made a huge mistake. They cut off my wings but not my powers that’s explain the weird things I did to you earlier…But you broke the curse that was supposed to be unbreakable. I don’t know why you’re the only one who managed to break it after those girls I’ve tried before…”

“W-What? Those girls were not like you.”

“Nope. They’re like you…a mortal. I thought they could lift my curse but it turns out…7 is really my lucky number since you’re the seventh girl. Now…I must take my leave. I’m still going to reign over my hometown. See you around, Son Chaeyoung.” Dahyun said as she flew away but before she could leave the place, Chaeyoung called in a commanding tone…

“KIM DAHYUN! STOP!”

Dahyun felt a huge force stopping her and her heart suddenly felt pain and heat inside it.

“Tsk. I can’t believe that those legends are actually true…Damn it…” Dahyun muttered slowly as she flew back to Chaeyoung “Yes?”

“Don’t tell me you’re just going to leave me here?”

“Is there any problem with that? This is an art museum and you’re an art enthusiast.”

“Yes, but…this is not my world, right? You created this…Bring me back to my world…”

“And who are you to tell me that?”

Chaeyoung smirked as she leaned her face closer to Dahyun’s “I’m your master, fallen angel.”

Dahyun smirked too as she move away “Smart girl…Alright, I’ll bring you back. Hang on to me…”

“Wait…”

“Oh?”

“Bring the other girls back to our world too. And erase their memories of this…”

Dahyun rolled her eyes and snapped her fingers “There. They’ve returned to your world and forgot about this. Now…can we go?”

“Yeah…” Chaeyoung answered as she hop on Dahyun’s back but Dahyun stopped her “What?”

“Not my back. My wings are precious, you know. I’ll…just carry you.”

“No way…”

Dahyun carried Chaeyoung in bridal style even though Chaeyoung disagree and she flew out of the art museum in her created world then she chanted something, making a portal opened.

“W-Where’s that leading to?”

“Human world, ofcourse. Where would I take you?”

“O-Oh…”

They entered the portal and came to the human world. Luckily, it was night time and no one saw Dahyun. She took Chaeyoung back to the Sons’ house and entered by the window in Chaeyoung’s room.

“Here…My task is done. Now, can I leave?”

“No.”

“What?”

“Stay for the night…”

“Eh? Why?” Dahyun asked cluelessly “Wait…don’t tell me that you’ve actually fallen for me, Son.”

“In your dreams…” Chaeyoung answered as she blushes since…it was true. She does have a crush on the fallen angel “I…just want you to live in the human world for a while.”

“And why is that?”

“A…punishment for what you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter