XXII - Grasses, Me and You

[DubChaeng: One shots/Short Stories]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung doesn’t know how to handle things. Once in kindergarden, she had a crush on a Taiwanese classmate of hers. It was cute watching them but she ruined it when she spill her chocolate drink on the girl while shouting ‘I hate you!’ and they never talked again.

On her elementary days, she had a crush on her senior that was a girl crush. Chaeyoung tried to follow her every moves like an idol. It was cute watching them too, like a hyung and dongsaeng but she ruined it again by embarrassing her due to calling her ‘ostrich’ in public.

On her middle school, she had a crush on a ballerina. A Japanese girl who was a penguin and a swan at heart. At that time, Chaeyoung already know what love is. So she was hurted when she made her crush stayed away again by calling her those names while she’s performing.

And now that she was in highschool, it was still the same. She still couldn’t handle things well. She has a crush on a sophomore, a year older than her. The girl was totally pretty. Pale skin, bright smile, beautiful voice, kind attitude and cheerful personality, all in one.

However, Chaeyoung won’t screw this one up. How? Simple. She won’t get to know with the girl. She will never interact with the girl. As long as her crush doesn’t hate her, that’s fine.

“You’re a wuss.” her elementary crush, Yoo Jeongyeon, said as she slap her dongsaeng’s head. After their elementary graduation, they talked again when Chaeyoung apologized and told her the reason why she did that “Not talking to her is also ruining your chances.”

“That’s right, Chae. You should get to know her and control things this time.” her middle school crush, Myoui Mina, advised as she patted Chaeyoung’s head. The two of them also reconciled after middle school graduation “She’s perfect for you, in my opinion.”

“Just let Chaeyoung be, unnies.” her kindergarden crush, Chou Tzuyu, also entered the conversation. The two of them also befriended after kindergarden and have been a lot more close since then “If it’s meant to be, it will be. If she’s a wuss, she’ll always be a wuss.”

“Ya, Chou. You’re not helping me. Shut up, will you?” Chaeyoung muttered and Tzuyu was about to talk back but Chaeyoung was faster “Say another word and I’m calling Sana unnie.”

That was enough to shut Tzuyu up. Minatozaki Sana is the only person who can control Tzuyu. The two of them are a couple and Sana was on top even though Tzuyu’s the mature one.

Meanwhile, Jeongyeon was also in a relationship with a bunny named Im Nayeon and Mina was in a relationship with a raccoon named Hirai Momo. Chaeyoung is the only one who doesn’t have a girlfriend yet she’s the most romantic among them.

The next day, Chaeyoung had observed her crush again. They were sitting in the cafeteria when someone suddenly slammed a notebook in their table. She looked up and saw her older sister with a very huge smile.

“You’re being creepy.”

“Shut up, Chae. I’m helping you here.”

Wendy sat down infront of her and opened the notebook then showed it to Chaeyoung. It was a profile of someone named ‘Kim Dahyun’. With that, Chaeyoung looked at Wendy confusedly. She doesn’t know who the hell Kim Dahyun is.

“You idiot. Why are you so slow?” Wendy asked as she facepalmed “I asked--nay--I flirted with the Student Council President just to give me the profile of your crush.”

Chaeyoung’s eyes widened when she heard her sister’s statement. Not because Wendy flirted with the Student Council who is actually her crush but because she have her crush’s profile right now. She immediately grabbed it from Wendy and opened it.

“Name, Kim Dahyun. Birthday, 5/28/1998. Birthplace, Seongnam Gyeonggi-do. Bloodtype, O.” Chaeyoung read out loud “O…Oh…my…gosh. Thank you, unnie. What the hell! Thank you so much! I can’t believe you would go that far for me.”

Wendy scoffed playfully as she smiled smugly “I’m your sister, ofcourse I’ll do that for you. Besides, I also benefitted. I got Park Jihyo’s number.” she stated with a wink

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter