XX - Mermaid

[DubChaeng: One shots/Short Stories]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun was sitting in one of the rocks in the shore as she let her tail gets wet by the wave of the sea. The summer moonlight shined and reflects in the water, making Dahyun smiled. But her smile fell when she saw someone walking towards the shore.

Dahyun immediately hide behind the rock she was sitting on and observe the human. That person was crying, Dahyun could see the girl’s tears that was glowing due to the moonlight. That was the time that Dahyun realize that she fell inlove with that human.

Even though they can’t love each other due to the fact that Dahyun was a mermaid and that girl was human, Dahyun continued to watch her every single night that the girl would come to confess her feelings in the sea.

Even though Dahyun could only see the girl from a distance, she will continue to love her every time she sees her. Because that is what love is. Nothing matters as long as you’re inlove. Even if that’s the distance or your kind.

One night, Dahyun saw that the girl was drunk. Even though her feet hurts, she walked from the sea towards the girl. She lay her in her tail as she caress the girl’s head.

“Even though you don’t know me, I want to stay by you.” Dahyun muttered

What she didn’t know is that the girl remembered her face. So, every night...instead of confessing her feelings, she would search for Dahyun.

“I know you’re here. Please...come out.” the girl called but Dahyun knows that she can’t get closer, she can’t say anything because her mind will perhaps disappear like a bubble

Dahyun smiled sadly when she saw that the girl wasn’t going anywhere. The girl was waiting for her to appear but Dahyun couldn’t so she continued watching from afar and listened.

“If you can hear me...my name is Chaeyoung. Son Chaeyoung, remember that.” the girl said after a few hours of sitting down as she stood up “Sea, please remember me. I’ll be back.”

And she indeed was. Every night Chaeyoung would sit there, waiting for Dahyun to show herself. Chaeyoung would sat down in the sand and would talk to the sea, as if she was talking with Dahyun.

“Could you listen to my story that I wanted to tell?” Chaeyoung asked and Dahyun made the waves a little bit bigger as a sign to continue so Chaeyoung smiled and nodded her head before starting to tell the story of why she was crying and why she was drunk that time

“So, she was brokenhearted. That damn girl doesn’t know how to take care of you, Chae.”

Chaeyoung smiled when she felt the wind comfort her, it was Dahyun’s words that was melted in the wind “Yeah...thanks. I wonder what you’re doing right now.”

“Even if she might be curious, don’t say that was me.” Dahyun mut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter