XXI - Job Interview

[DubChaeng: One shots/Short Stories]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Baby, where’s my necktie?” Dahyun asked as she ran inside the room to ask her wife

Chaeyoung chuckled before she stood up and walk towards Dahyun “It’s hanging in your neck, baby.” she answered as she fixed the tie up

“O-Oh…I didn’t noticed.” Dahyun muttered shyly “Thanks. Anyways, I’ll be going now.”

“Hmm. Goodluck~” Chaeyoung cheered “Take deep breaths and answer clearly, okay? It’s just a job interview, you don’t need to be nervous.”

“Got it.” Dahyun saluted before leaning in to kiss Chaeyoung “I’ll see you when I get back.”

“Fighting, hubby~” Chaeyoung stated with a smile as Dahyun left for her job interview

It was like that at first, Dahyun was so eager to find a job but even so she was still her cheerful self. But as time goes by, she was still unaccepted in any company and her cheerfulness disappeared little by little.

“Your necktie?” Chaeyoung asked with a smile but Dahyun just frowned

“Don’t need it.”

“Ofcourse, you do. You need to be formal to get accepted.”

“No one would accept me, anyways.”

Luckily, Chaeyoung didn’t lose her cheerfulness because she needs to cheer her wife up every time she’s down. Nothing good would happen if she would also be uncheerful.

“The phone will ring, unnie. They’ll call you, I know that.”

“You don’t know anything.” Dahyun frustatedly answered but then she realized what she just said “I-I’m sorry.” she apologized but Chaeyoung just remained her smile

“It’s okay. I understand you.” Chaeyoung comforted as she got something from her back and put it on Dahyun, it was a necktie “Fighting, hubby~”

Finally, Dahyun smiled. Chaeyoung really knows how to make her cheerful again. She pecked her wife’s lips and muttered how lucky she is before leaving the house to another interview.

Day after day, Dahyun would go to job interviews to different companies but none have accepted her so Chaeyoung thought of giving Dahyun a break, allowing her to hang out with her friends for the day.

Dahyun was now out in a club together with her friends, who she rarely met because of those job interviews. They were drinking drinks that weren’t that alcoholic.

“So, how’s the interview going?” Momo asked as she wrapped an arm around her girlfriend

“Can we forget about that for a while?” Dahyun chuckled as she drink a shot

“It’s bad, huh?” Mina, Momo’s girlfriend, commented “It’s fine, Dahyun. You’ll get it soon.”

“Why are you so eager to find a job, anyways? You can still enjoy life for now.” Sana added

“It’s not like that, Sana unnie. I can’t always depend on mine and her parents, I need to produce money for my family. It’s my duty ever since I married Chaeyoung.”

“Woah…” all of her friends muttered in awe

“Especially now…” Dahyun added with a smile and the others nodded in understanding

Jeongyeon suddenly raised her head to meet Dahyun’s eyes “You know, my wife and I are texting and I brought up the topic about you. She said they’re going to be an interview on Monday. You should try it out.” she stated

“Really? What company?”

“NJ Company.” Jeongyeon answered as she handed a business card to Dahyun “You know my wife, right? Nayeon, the NJ Company’s owner. I’m sure she can get you a spot in the company upon seeing your profile. They needed someone like you, after all.”

“Someone like me? What do you mean?”

“Be yourself…” Jeongyeon stated with a smile “Nayeon unnie loves that.”

“Alright, then. I’ll give it a try on Monday. Thanks, Jeongyeon unnie.”

“No problem, kiddo.”

And when Monday came, Dahyun woke up earlier than her wife. She was excited for her appointment in Nayeon’s company. Among those interviews, she stopped being herself due to being too formal. Now, she can finally be herself because of Jeongyeon’s statement.

Dahyun was humming to something as she prepared herself for the interview. Because of the mood, Chaeyoung woke up with a smile. She stood up and gave Dahyun a back hug when she was still brushing her teeth.

“Good morning~”

Dahyun smiled and nodded her head “Morning.”

“Did you have a goodnight sleep? You seems to be happy today.”

“I’m going to a job interview.”

“Really?” Chaeyoung asked as she broke the hug while still smiling “Is it a good job?”

“They wanted me to be me so I’m expecting it to be.”

“Alright. Goodluck, then. Sooner or later, you’ll get it. Don’t be down easily, unnie.”

“I know that.” Dahyun stated as she went to hug Chaeyoung “Don’t overwork yourself, okay? I’ll be back, immediately.”

“I understand. Fighting, hubby~”

“No necktie-tying today?” Dahyun asked with a pout, making Chaeyoung chuckled before getting a necktie and tying it around Dahyun’s neck “Wait…it’s your necktie.”

“I know. I haven’t been able to wear that for 9 months now so…why don’t you wear it for today? As a lucky charm…”

“You’re always my lucky charm, Kim Chaeyoung. I love you.” Dahyun said as she kissed Chaeyoung

Chaeyoung kissed back before muttering an “I love you too.”

So, Dahyun went to the interview with her usual jolly self. The Dahyun that she really is, not the corporate Dahyun. She entered the venue and lined up to wait for her name to be called.

“Kim Dahyun, please enter.”

Dahyun immediately stood up and entered the place. She took a seat in the chair and answered all the questions as her and not as those serious personalities she memorized.

After the interview was done, the interviewer smiled to Dahyun “We’ll contact you.”

“Contact me? Why not just tell me now?”

“I need to discuss it with the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter