XVI - 11:11 Wishes

[DubChaeng: One shots/Short Stories]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun is a nurse in the most elite hospital in Seoul. Since it was an elite hospital, there are bound to be some competitions. Dahyun doesn’t care about it as long as she does her job but the other nurses thinks that she’s  being a showoff so she’s always the target.

One day, she was walking pass Hall C when she heard some nurses backstabbing her to the head nurse of the private hospital.

“She doesn’t know her job well, head.”

“Really? Are we talking about the same Kim Dahyun here?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“The Kim Dahyun I know is great at her job and the patients love her.”

“But what we see is different, Ms. Head. She’s just faking it with the patients and  with the doctors.”

“I don’t know about that but…if you insist, I’ll check up on Kim Dahyun to see if she is what you say she is.” the head of the nurses said

“Thank you, head.” the nurses answered before leaving the office while snickering

Dahyun sighed and made her way to the office of her girlfriend’s bestfriend, which is a doctor there.

“Dr. Minatozaki…” Dahyun called helplessly as she sat infront of the doctor’s table “The head nurse will be observing me now because of those envious nurses who reported me.”

The doctor chuckled and removed her glasses “What would they report about you? You’re great at your job.”

“That’s what the head nurse said, Sana unnie. But…she also said that she’ll check up on me. What should I do?”

“You should just do what you always do. You know…be yourself. People love you the way you are.”

“What if something bad will happen?”

“You think, they’ll do something that would make you look bad?” Sana asked with a chuckle “That only happen in K-Dramas…and anime, actually. That won’t happen in real life. Relax…”

“Alright, fine.” Dahyun answered with a sigh as she stood up “I’ll see you later, doctor.”

“If it bothers you so much, why don’t you head home first? It’s almost the end of your shift, anyway.”

“Are you okay with it? You’re my personal boss, you know. You could be very busy if I leave.”

“It’s fine. I don’t have much patient and my shift is almost ending too. So…go and take a rest.”

“Are you sure? Thanks, Sana unnie. I really need a rest after all of this disturbance. Thank you…”

Sana smiled and nod her head “Rest well, Kim Dubu.” she add before Dahyun left the office

Dahyun returned home with a smile in her face because she was now going to return home to which her and her girlfriend share. The two of them live together and her girlfriend work as a dance instructor.

Dahyun opened the door to the apartment and saw something unexpected. It was her girlfriend kissing someone else in the couch of their apartment.

“M-Momo unnie?”

Momo stopped kissing and the two of them looked over their shoulder to look at Dahyun with a shocked face. It was unusual for Dahyun to return home early so both of them were really shocked.

“D-Dahyun, let me explain.”

“Explain what? You kissing someone else in our home? I don’t think you need to explain this to me.”

“It’s because you’re always not around. I always felt lonely in our home. Is this even a home to you?”

“Now that you cheated…I don’t think so.” Dahyun answered “Take all your things and leave the house. I want you to be gone by the time I’m back.” she added before storming away from the apartment

Dahyun headed back to the streets to walk around. She doesn’t care even if the people looked at her weirdly because of the fact that she’s crying. She entered an alley and sat in the floor while crying.

“What the heck? What the heck? What the heck?” Dahyun repeated a couple times as she pound the ground using her keys “What the heck is wrong with this day? Why am I so unlucky today?”

Dahyun couldn’t helped but cry. She could be on detention due to those rumors in her job and now, her girlfriend cheated on her. Dahyun opened her phone and saw her wallpaper, a picture of her and Momo. She looked at the time and noticed that it was ’11:11’ already.

“11:11…fries and sundae.” Dahyun muttered with a chuckle before turning off her phone and sighing

“What are you doing here?” a deep voice interrupted, making Dahyun jump up “Are you a drug-user?”

“W-What? No, no. I’m not.”

It was a police officer who caught Dahyun, talking to herself in the alley. She shone her flashlight to Dahyun with a smirk.

“Put your hands behind your back. You’re coming with me to the police station.”

“WHAT? You can’t do that. I’m not a drug-user, I swear. I’m a nurse in the Seoul Elite Hospital.”

“That elite hospital? Really? Well…I need to be sure. Now, come on. To the police car.” the officer said as she handcuff Dahyun and lead her to the police car near the alley “Get inside.” she commanded for Dahyun to sit in the passenger’s seat before she sat in the driver’s seat “Fasten your seatbelt, Ms.”

“How can I? You handcuffed me.”

“Right…Sorry.” the officer said as she fasten the seatbelt on Dahyun “Now, let’s go.” she added and started the engine to drive away

“I told you, Police Office. I’m a nurse, not a drug-user.”

“Don’t you think it’s weird for ‘a nurse’ to sat in the alley alone while talking to themselves? Sounds like an addict to me.”

“I got cheated on, okay? I don’t have anyone to talk to.”

“How about your friends?”

“My only friend is my girlfriend’s bestfriend. Do you think I could talk to her about this?”

“Oh, I see.” the police officer answered “Well…I don’t care, though. I’ll just have you checked in the police station to make sure that you’re not using any drugs then return you.”

“Whatever, officer. If that’s what makes you sure, then fine. But can you atleast take this cuff off me?”

The police office chuckled and stopped to take the handcuffs off Dahyun then continued driving.

“Are you sure you’re a police officer? You don’t look…and act like it.”

“I am. Do you want to see my badge? I could even show you my gun.”

“No, thanks.”

“Great…”

“But…we just passed by the nearest police station. Where are you taking me?”

The police officer chuckled again before she accelerated and stopped infront of a fast-food restaurant. She parked her car and handcuffed Dahyun again.

“I don’t want you to run away so I’ll handcuff you again. Don’t worry, I’ll be back immediately.”

The police officer walked away without waiting for Dahyun’s response. She headed inside the restaurant  and after a couple of minutes, she came out with two plastic bags in her hand. She entered the car, put the plastic bags in front and take the handcuffs off Dahyun then handed one of the plastic bag to her.

“Here you go.”

“W-What’s this?”

“Your 11:11 wish. Fries and sundae, if I’m correct.”

“Y-You heard that?”

“I did.” the police officer answered and grab the other plastic bag for her to eat

“W-Why are you doing this?”

“I’m a police officer. It’s our duty to help. If I can help in making you feel better, I’ll do it. I don’t actually want to take you to the police station. That was just a lie to have you come with me.”

Dahyun chuckled and unconsciously smile at the silly idea of the police office “You could have just said that we’ll get fries and sundae, at the first place.”

“Do you think if I asked you to come with me in a fast-food restaurant, you will really come?”

Dahyun thought for it for a while then nod her head “Yeah, I won’t.”

“Ofcourse, you won’t. I’m just a stranger, after all. But…everyone looks better if they’re smiling than they’re crying so…let me see your smiling face. That’s the satisfaction I get in my job, you know.”

Dahyun showed her smile to the police officer before asking “What’s your name?”

The police officer chuckled “Son Chaeyoung. Yours?”

“Kim Dahyun.” Dahyun answered “Nice to meet you.”

Chaeyoung smiled and nod her head “Nice to meet you too.”

The two of them stared at each other for a while before Chaeyoung broke the eye-contact and faced the road.

“So…where’s your home? I’m not taking you to the police station so I’ll take you home instead.”

“Home?” Dahyun repeated with a scoff “Just drop me off a hotel. I don’t feel like going home now.”

“Okay.” Chaeyoung answered and drove to the nearest hotel and dropped Dahyun off “Don’t talk to yourself in the alley next time, okay? You’re creeping the people of the Seoul. And…I really hope I’ll see you again, Kim Dahyun.” she added with a smile before driving away

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dahyun was spacing out lately. She doesn’t know if it’s about her girlfriend cheating on her or is it about the charming police officer with the deep dimples that made her fall in—Okay. Kim Dahyun, stop.

Dahyun sighed when someone suddenly patted her in the shoulder, it was Sana. She has this worried and solemn look in her face.

“Uhh…I heard about you and Momo and I’m sorry. But, right now there’s something else important. You’re being called in the head nurse’s office.”

“W-What? Me? Why?”

“I don’t know. In my view…it doesn’t look great so…goodluck.”

Dahyun nod her head before heading to the head nurse’s office and knocked on the door “Head Nurse?”

“Come in.” a voice inside said and Dahyun did enter “Kim Dahyun…have a seat.”

Dahyun took a deep breath before she entered and took a seat “Dr. Minatozaki said you’re looking for me. Is there something wrong?”

“I’ve noticed your performance this few days and…you’ve been spacing out lately. It’s not the same with your previous performance but it’s not that bad. I’m here to ask if you have some problems.”

“Uhh…” Dahyun hesitated “There is just something that’s bothering me. It’s kind of private.”

“I see. Well, we’ve been observing you due to rumors. You need to get back on your feet before those rumors spread more and will actually be true, okay?”

“Y-Yes, Ms. Thank you so much.”

“You’re welcome. And…we got a new doctor. She’ll be Dr. Minatozaki’s partner which means she’ll be your other boss. Her name’s Myoui Mina and she’s waiting in Dr. Minatozaki’s office.”

“Okay, Ms. Please excuse me.” Dahyun said before heading to Sana’s office “Sana unnie, I heard about the new doctor. Where is she? I hope we’ll get along well…”

Sana smiled sadly to Dahyun and sighed “I don’t think so, Duburi. She bought something and we’ll be back immediately. I…honestly don’t think that you will get along.”

“Why?”

The door opened and a familiar girl entered. Dahyun’s eyes widened when she saw who it was. It was the girl kissing with Momo in the apartment.

“Y-YOU? You’re the new doctor?”

“Dahyun, this is mine and Momo’s childhood friend. Her name’s Myoui Mina.”’

Dahyun looked at Sana and Mina in disbelief before she rushed out of the room and headed to the rooftop. She got her phone and once again, it was a timing that it’s already 11:11 so Dahyun went to her social media and posted…

 

11:11…someone to lean on.

 

The next day, someone knocked on the door of her hotel room. She opened it and saw the same smile she was looking for a few days ago.

“Uhh…is this where Kim Dahyun is?” Chaeyoung asked with a smile “I need to talk to her about something. Is she here?”

Dahyun chuckled and open up a space for Chaeyoung to enter “Come in, officer. Kim Dahyun is here.”

Chaeyoung entered the room and sat down in the couch of the hotel room “So…how’s it been?”

“I’m fine. Why are you here, though?” Dahyun asked as she sat in the opposite couch

“I told you, I’m here to talk to you about something.”

“What is it?”

“I’m here for your 11:11 wish. Someone to lean on, you say? Well…I’m right here. What’s wrong?”

“You really are ‘Officer Friendly’, aren’t you?”

“I am, actually. Especially to beautiful girls like you.” Chaeyoung said with a wink

“You’re smooth, Son Chaeyoung.” Dahyun commented “But…I’m fine. No need to worry.”

“Come on, I know you’re not. Tell me. I’m Officer Friendly, you know.”

Dahyun chuckled and nodded her head “It’s about my girlfriend. The girl she kissed that night you caught me is…now my other boss in the hospital.”

“You really work in the most elite hospital of Seoul?”

“You didn’t believed me?”

“I’m kidding. I believed you. Now…continue.”

“So…it turns out that she’s my girlfriend’s childhood friend. I think…they look better together than me and Momo unnie.”

“Ohh…” Chaeyoung muttered “That’s tough. Well, I agree. Childhood friends look better together.”

“Wow, Officer Friendly. Thank you so much for your support.” Dahyun sarcastically said

“I mean it.” Chaeyoung said with all seriousness “If it’s meant to be, it will be.”

Dahyun pouted and stood up “What do you want?”

“Huh?”

“What kind of food or drink do you want?”

“Ahh…well, do you have something strawberry-like there?”

“Do you like strawberries?”

“I love strawberries.”

Dahyun chuckled and made her way to the kitchen to cook something for Chaeyoung. After a few minutes, she returned to where Chaeyoung is and handed her a plate of strawberry pancakes.

“Here you go, Daiki Princess.”

“How do you know my nickname?” Chaeyoung asked then faked a gasp “Are you a stalker?”

“No, I’m not. There’s just someone I know in the past that also love strawberries so I often call

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter