Because it's us

Dear My Cheers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You don’t really drink on Wednesdays.” I said to Shinhye. We are on our favorite restaurant on a rainy Thursday night. “When you decline me yesterday, I can’t help but wait for today since I can’t drink alone.”

“You can’t drink alone? What are you, a baby?” Shinhye laughed. “I can drink alone myself.”

I smirked. “Liar, I have not seen you alone.”

She grabbed the edge of my shirt roughly. “You know why? Because you always sit beside me when I am alone.”

I signaled a cheer. “Of course, how could I ever a companion alone.”

“Do I look pitiful to you? I can do that alone, with grace.” She boasted.

“You are an independent woman, I guess.” I sip my drink. “But Shinhye, do you have something to tell me?” I placed the glass near me. I need to talk about Sunghoon and Seol.

She sighed. “Don’t tell me you are going to bring it up again?”

“No! Not that. This is more recent.” I said.

“Just say it, Yonghwa. I don’t have the time guessing.”

“Do you know Park Seol, personally?” I blurted it off. I am not angry at Shinhye, I am just kind of disappointed. I don’t know if I just being childish or sensitive.

“I know her, Sunghoon’s little sister.” She answered quickly. “Why?”

“You did not tell it to me beforehand.”

“Would that even matter now, Yonghwa?” She asked. “The goal is to give you a good internship experience.”

I did not respond anything. Still, I know I am not mad at her. I am just being a brat, I think. “Seol said to me that she was the one who wanted me to work on their restaurant. Through you.”

“I don’t know about that, what I know was Sunghoon asked me to. I don’t know that it was Seol all along.” She calmly said. “Seol is a sweet girl.”

“Yes she is.” I said.

“Oh?” She paused. “You second the motion.” Then she grabs her drink. “Just work hard, Yonghwa. That’s what important for now.”

“That sweet girl confessed to me.” I whispered. I don’t know why I said it in front of her. Maybe to loosen my mind or just to share.

“Oh really.” Again, she responded quickly. “What did you say?”

“I rejected her.” I said.

“You sure about that?” I laughed. “I don’t want you making mistakes this time around.”

I smirked. “You are the one bringing it up, Shinhye.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter