Date night

Coffee Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun and Yeseul walked along the road, “so, since I’m doing you this favor for you, at least tell me who you like, “ Yongsun nagged.

She turned to Yeseul who flushed red but didn’t say anything.

“It’s a little awkward saying it out loud,” she said with a soft voice

Yongsun rolled her eyes, “you think it was easy for me to tell you I liked Byuli?”

Yeseul made a face, “first of all, you didn’t tell me. I figured it out.”

“Whatever, same thing,” Yongsun retorted. “So who is it?”

Yeseul muttered a name under her breath

“what was that?”Yongsun asked

Yeseul let out a sigh, and cleared , “I said,” she paused and bit her lip, “it’s Lee..Minhyuk”

Yongsun stared at her friend, surprised.

Yeseul looked away embarrassed, “what’s with that expression? It’s awkward if you react like that”

Yongsun blinked, “sorry, it was just unexpected.”

They walked up the driveway, “so wait, how long have you liked him?”

Yeseul shrugged, “it’s been a couple months I think”

“Is that why you made me go on all those blind dates for you?”

Yeseul smiled guiltily, “but I really thought you’d be compatible with at least one of them.”

“no offense, but why Minhyuk? I mean, he’s kind of rough around the edges. I mean around me he is.”

Yeseul thought for a moment, “I think it’s all a façade. Like, there's more to him than he lets on.”

They stopped in front of the door. Yongsun took Yeseul’s hand and gave it a squeeze, “but if being with him makes you happy, then I’m on your side.” She smiled, “just please confess to him soon, I don’t want to go on any more of your blind dates”

Yeseul snickered, “Yeah, sorry about that. This is the last one I promise…..I think”

They both laughed as they walked into the house, Yongsun pushed her lightly, “what am I gonna do with you?”

“Yeseul, is that you?” she heard her dad call her from the living room.

“Yeah, it’s me,” she replied back, taking off her shoes.

Both her parents appeared in front of them, “you didn’t forget about the meeting tonight right?”

Yeseul fiddled with her shirt, “about that,” she pointed to Yongsun, “Yongsun said she’d go in my place instead.”

Yongsun stared from Yeseul to her mother and gripped her bag. She couldn’t believe Yeseul didn’t tell her parents.

Her mom looked at Yongsun with a straight face. It suddenly turned into a playful smile.

“Omo, I thought you had a boyfriend Yongsun!”

Yongsun raised her eyebrows in surprise, “excuse me?”

Yeseul cleared ,” no mom, that was ages ago”

Her mom took Yongsun by the hands, “well this is a surprise! If I had known you were single I would’ve set you up on a date a long time ago!”

Yeseul stared at her mother in disbelief, “ Wait, why weren’t you surprised when I said I was single?”

Her mom ignored the question and led Yongsun into the washroom, alright, take a bath and we’ll help you get ready.” Yongsun looked back at her friend with an overwhelmed expression

Her dad put an arm around his daughter, “if it helps, I’d like it if you never got married.”

Yeseul rolled her eyes, “dad that doesn’t help.”

Her dad laughed as he kissed the top of her head.

 

X

 

Wheein, Hyejin, and Byuli were walking back to the house.

“Did you guys get the text message from Minhyuk oppa?” Wheein asked as she skipped on the road

“Yeah, it’s like he’s here with us, even if he's not here physically” Hyejin laughed.

Byuli her ice cream, “trust me, that’s not even half of what I get””

They walked up the steps to Yeseul’s front door the same time Yesuel’s parents walking out the front door.

“Oh, just in time girls, Yeseul’s dad and I are going to her grandparent’s house for dinner. Yeseul’s little brother is at a friend’s house for the night,” she smiled at them and pointed to the door.

“I think Yongsun and Yeseul, are arguing inside about what Yongsun should wear. Hopefully, you girls can keep them from fighting,” she gave them a wink.

Her dad turned around, “have fun tonight girls.”

“Have a safe trip,” they called out as they watched Yeseul’s parents get into the car and back out of the driveway.

From outside, they could hear Yongsun and Yeseul arguing.

“I am sooo not wearing that!”

“why?! You’d look so good in it!”

“That’s what you said about that bikini”

Byuli opened the door to Yeseul’s room and found Yongsun on the floor and Yeseul on top of her forcing her into a dress.

They both stopped and looked at Byuli with a shocked face.

“this isn’t what it looks like!” Yongsun cried. She shoved Yeseul off her and stumbled to her feet.

Wheein and Hyejin appeared behind Byuli, peering through the door frame.

Byuli laughed, about to close the door, “I’ll give you two some privacy”

Yongsun held the other door knob and whispered in her ear, “please help, she’s making me wear ridiculous outfits”

“You do know I can hear you right?” Yeseul pointed out as she sat on her bed.

Yongsun looked down at the dress she was sort of wearing, “are you sure this is alright?”

Wheein looked her up and down, “it should be fine. We can pair it with a nice cardigan if you like” she wen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter