Day 1

Coffee Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byuli finished tying her hair and looked in the mirror. It had been 2 weeks since she had that dream about Yongsun and ever since then, Yongsun appeared in her dreams every night.

For the past 2 weeks, she did her best to avoid Yongsun. She couldn’t look at Yongsun in the eye without thinking about the kiss.

 

~Incidents that happened over the past two weeks~

Byuli opened her door and saw Yongsun standing in her doorway.

“Byul-ah, my mom just dropped off some japchae and mandu. Do you want to come over for dinner?”

Byuli was about to answer when Yongsun’s lips caught her eye. She flushed a crimson red, “no sorry I’m allergic,” she exclaimed, quickly closing the door before Yongsun could answer.

Yongsun raised her eyebrows, still staring at the closed door, “what was that?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Byuli waited for the elevator, “wait, what if I run into Yongsun on the elevator?” She wasn’t sure how to act normal around her yet.

She shook her head, “better take the stairs just in case.” She headed towards the stairwell and began to climb down to the lobby.

She occasionally heard other footsteps but thought nothing of it.

A pair of familiar shoes stopped a couple steps from her.

“Omo, Byuli?”

She looked up and saw Yongsun walking up the steps, inching closer to her.

“Are you serious?!” she thought to herself

“Fancy meeting you here. Is the elevator broken or something?” Yongsun asked

Byuli looked down at her feet, avoiding Yongsun’s eyes,“no, I just felt like taking the stairs. It’s a good way to exercise while we’re on break”

Yongsun smirked, “I’m pretty sure you’d get more of a workout going up the stairs than going down”

Byuli laughed awkwardly, “yeah, you’re probably right”

Yongsun climbed up to the step right before Byuli’s, “if you really are interested in working out, I do need someone to work out with”

Byuli imagined Yongsun in her workout clothes, glistening with sweat as she drank from her water bottle. She shook the image out of her head, “n-no haha it’s ok,” she walked around Yongsun, “I’m probably not the best workout partner”

“But I just need someone to keep me compa-“ Before she could finish, Byuli quickly walked down the flight of stairs and turned back, “nice seeing you Yongsun, see you later!"

Yongsun was left alone in the stairwell, listening to Byuli’s fast steps descend down.

“what the heck was that?” she thought

 

 

Byuli was wiping the counter at work when she noticed Yongsun walk in.

She quickly ducked, hitting her elbow on the way down.

“gahjfdgf” she hissed, trying not to make a sound.

“Ah, Yongsun-ah. Long time, no see” she heard one of her co-workers say

“Hello! I’m looking for Byuli. Is she working today?”

“she was here just a minute ago, let me check in the back.” She saw her co-worker come around the counter.

She put her finger to her lips, shook her head furiously, with a look of desperation on her face.

Her co-worker gave her a puzzled look.

“Uh, I think you just missed her,” she answered Yongsun, without taking her eyes off Byuli.

“Oh really? That’s a shame,” she heard Yongsun say

“I’ll let her know you came by if she comes in tonight,” her co worker suggested

“thank you,” Yongsun beamed.

Byuli waited until the door closed, then stood up.

Her co-worker gave her a look, “do I even wanna know?”

Byuli shook her head, “I don’t think so”

She laughed and patted Byuli on the shoulder, “whatever is going on between you two, I suggest you resolve it quickly.” She walked away and continued sweeping the floor.

“Trust me, If I could resolve it I would,” Byuli said to herself.

Hiding from Yongsun made her forget about her elbow.

She held her elbow and pouted, “my elbow”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Byuli was having lunch by herself when she saw someone sit down across from her.

“I can sit here right?” Yongsun asked

Byuli smiled awkwardly, “yeah, of course”

Yongsun started talking about how fun the trip to Daegu was, but Byuli kept getting distracted by her eyes. Were the always this pretty?

“Ah, Byul-ah, you have something on the corner of your mouth,” Yongsun commented as she pointed to .

Byuli wiped .

Yongusn shook her head, “it’s on the other side”

She followed Yongsun’s instructions.

Yongsun sighed and put down her cup, “here, I’ll get it” she reached over and wiped Byuli’s mouth. Her thumb grazing her lips.

Yongusn leaned back in her seat and continued to eat.

Byuli felt her heart beat faster, she picked up her tray, “sorry Yongsun, I think I’m late for work” she gave her a weak smile and walked away quickly.

Yongsun sat alone at the table with her spoon still in , “she didn’t even finish her meal….”

 

 

Byuli laid on her stomach and groaned, “urgh I’m so bored. Were summer days always this long? I wonder what Yongsun’s doing..”

She heard her text message notification go off. She grabbed her phone and dropped it when she read the text message from Yongsun.

“Byul-ah! I miss you. :( Where have you been? let’s go watch a movie tonight ^^”

She gulped, “a movie? Like a date?!” she picked her phone up and typed her response

“sorry! I already watched it T.T maybe next time?”

She sighed a buried her face in her pillow.

Meanwhile, Yongsun sat on her bed, reading her answer.

She scratched her head, “I didn’t even tell her what we were going to watch though”

 

X

 

Byuli sat at a table with Wheein, Hyejin, and Minhyuk.

While her friends conversed with each other, she picked at food.

“Hey guys, what do dreams mean?” she blurted out.

They all stopped talking and looked at her.

Hyejin was the first to speak, “why do you ask?”

“Did someone appear in your dream?” Wheein added

“If someone appears in your dream, doesn’t it mean that you’ve been thinking about them lately, or that you like them?” Hyejin asked

“I heard that if you dream of someone, it means that they’re thinking about you too,” Wheein added

Byuli tilted her head sideways. Yongsun thinking about her? That’s ridiculous. But just the thought that she crossed Yongsun’s mind made Byuli happy.

Her daydream was interrupted when Wheein tapped on Byuli’s hand, “so who is it unnie? The person who appeared in your dream?”

“Hmm? Oh no one you know,” she replied slowly

They all looked at her unimpressed.

“Hey, it’s me isn’t it?” Minhyuk asked, flashing her a greasy look

she nudged him, “that’s not a dream, that’s a nightmare”

They all laughed and continued eating their meal.

                                             X

“thank you for the meal oppa!” Wheein and Hyejin said together as they all walked outside.

Minhyuk creased his brow as he looked in his wallet, “how could you girls eat so much? Where does it even go?”

Byuli patted his shoulder sympathetically, “it’s not our fault you lost rock, paper, scissors.”

He narrowed his eyes at them, “so it’s just a coincidence that you all chose paper?”

Wheein laughed, “yup, the universe works in mysterious ways doesn’t it?” She grabbed Hyejin’s arm, “thanks again for the meal oppa. See you la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter