Sunrise

Coffee Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun woke up to the sound of rustling. She opened her eyes and looked around the dark room.

"sorry, did I wake you up?" 

She turned her head in the direction of the voice. 

"Byuli?"

Byuli was in a crouched position, putting on her shoes. 

"shh, go back to sleep."

Yongsun felt around her for her phone. The bright light from her screen lit up around her, blinding her for a second.

"Byul-ah, it's like 5 am. Where are you going?" 

Byul finished tying her shoes, "to watch the sunrise." She stood up, "wanna come?" 

Yongsun was really tired, she wasn't able to sleep comfortably last night. But she found herself wanting to spend time alone with her. 

"give me 10 minutes to get ready," she said already getting out of bed.

 

X

 

Yongsun dried her face with a towel as she looked in the mirror. She didn't get much sleep last night, but thankfully it didn't show on her face. 

She moisturized her face and put on her glasses. She pat her face one last time and walked outside where Byuli was waiting.

Byuli was looking down at her phone when Yongsun closed the front door.

"alright, you ready?" Yongsun asked putting her hair in a bun, 

Byuli looked up and was a little surprised, "oh, you wear glasses?" 

Yongsun adjusted her glasses, "yeah, I hate wearing them though. I can't really pull them off, but contacts make my eyes dry haha" 

Byuli shook her head, "no way, you look totally cute!" she linked her arm through Yongsun's, "I'm happy I'm finally getting to see different sides of you"

Yongsun blushed, she was thankful she wore her glasses, it hid how flustered that comment made her feel.

she cleared , "let's go, we don't want to miss the sunrise" 

They walked towards the beach with Byuli still clinging onto Yongsun. 

 

X

 

Byuli laid out a blanket across the sand for her and Yongsun to sit on. She looked at the time, "the sun should be rising in about 20 minutes."

Yongsun yawned and nodded her head, "so what do you usually do while you wait?"

Byuli stared at her, "I listen to acoustic music." she watched as Yongsun yawned again. 

"You can close your eyes for a bit if you want. I'll wake you up when the sun rises," Byuli offered scrolling through her phone for a song. 

"are you sure?" 

Byuli turned towards Yongsun and smiled, "of course, I'm just happy that you wanted to watch the sun rise with me" 

Yongsun smiled as she closed her eyes and rested her head on Byuli's shoulder, "thanks for asking me Byuli." 

Byuli smiled as soft music played from her phone, putting Yongsun to sleep. 

20 minutes later

Byuli watched as the sun peaked from the horizon. She smiled and went to wake Yongsun when she stopped. 

She never really took a good look at Yongsun. She knew She was pretty, but there was something about the makeup less face, the glasses, and the unkempt hair that made her even prettier.  She poked her cheek, "so cute" she smiled.

'I was made for loving you' by Tori Kelly and Ed Sheeran started playing in the background. 

She looked back at the horizon, watching the sun climb higher in the sky. Everything about this moment was so peaceful, but there was something about being here with someone else that made Byuli feel content.

She could hear the birds start chirping, the waves crashing onto the shore, and the sun spilling its rays on the vacant beach. 

She turned to Yongsun still sleeping on her shoulder as the last chorus of the song played. 

Cause I was made for loving you  Even though we may be hopeless hearts just passing through Every bone screaming I don't know what we should do All I know is, darling, I was made for loving you

She didn't know it at the time, but it was at that moment, she fell in love. 

 

X

 

Yongsun and Byuli walked into the kitchen and found that everyone was awake, having breakfast. 

"Byuli unnie, where did you guys go this morning?" Wheein asked as she spread butter on her waffles 

she pulled up a chair beside her as Yongsun sat across from her, "to watch the sun rise." 

"well Byuli did, " Yongsun interjected. "She was supposed to wake me up when the sun rose." 

"well excuse me, you seemed tired," she argued back with a smile

Hyejin took a bite from her pancakes, "so what do you guys want to do today?" 

Yeseul wiped her hands and , "the beach? apparently, it's supposed to be really nice today." 

Yongsun yawned as she poured cereal in a bowl, "you guys go. I didn't bring a bathing suit" 

They all stared at her, open-mouthed.

"why didn't you bring one?"

Yongsun shrugged, "the one I usually wear, is too small for me now."

Yeseul gave her a cheeky grin, "now that you mention it, you did get bigger," she pointed to her chest and raised her eyebrows up and down. 

They all laughed as Yongsun put her hands to her chest, "you're such a ert!" 

Yeseul laughed and put her plate in the sink, "I have an extra one. You can borrow it. No way are you skipping out on the beach today"

Yongsun put a spoonful of cereal in , "thanks."

 

X

 

Byuli, Wheein, and Hyejin rubbed sunscreen onto their bodies as they got ready for the day. 

"you guys wanna play keep up?" Byuli asked as she stood up grabbing the volleyball from the ground. "But the person who drops the ball has to do a punishment." she tossed the ball up in the air, "call?"

Hyejin and Wheein stood up with a competitive look in their eyes, "call~" 

Meanwhile, Yongsun stared in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter