3 wishes

Coffee Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byuli waited in the living room while Yongsun got dressed.

“Yongsun, hurry up! The sun will set at the rate you’re going,” Byuli called out not looking up from her phone.

Yongsun emerged from her room, tying her hair up in a bun, “well I would’ve been out sooner, but you took the shirt I was going to wear”

Byuli looked down and lifted the shirt up, exposing her midriff.

Yongsun pulled the shirt back down, with an alarmed expression, “what are you doing?!”

“you said you wanted to wear this shirt right?” Byuli asked confused

Yongsun looked away from Byuli’s eyes embarrassed, “it’s ok, you’re already wearing it. It looks better on you anyways”

She let go of the shirt and drew back, when Byuli reached out and grabbed Yongsun by the collar of her shirt, pulling her in for a kiss.

They pulled away, their foreheads touching, “thanks,” Byuli whispered with a smile

Yongsun had a bashful smile on her face.

“Alright, let’s go?” Byuli commanded, putting her sunglasses on her face.

Yongsun nodded as Byuli took her hand, and they left the apartment.

 

X

 

The couple walked down the street hand in hand.

“So, what do you have planned today?” Yongsun asked as they swung their hands.

Byuli smiled, “well I was thinking for lunch we could have a picnic at Banpo Hangang Park”

Yongsun tilted her head, “sounds fun. Except you know, we didn't pack anything for a picnic.”

Byuli stared ahead, “that’s why we’re stopping by my house first. My mom said she packed us some food”

Yongsun stopped walking, “wait, we’re going to your house?”

“Yeah, is that ok?”

This was the first time Yongsun was going to meet Byuli’s family. A thousand thoughts raced through her mind. “Will she like me? What did Byuli tell her family? Do they know we’re dating? Is what I’m wearing appropriate?”

Byuli squeezed Yongsun’s hand and continued walking, “Yes, they know we’re dating and what you’re wearing is fine” she commented, reading Yongsun’s thoughts.

She was suddenly pulled into a small bakery, “wha…why are we here?”

Yongsun started looking around, “well I cant show up to my girlfriend’s parents’ house empty handed”

Byuli let out a small laugh as Yongsun pondered on the type of pastries to get.

 

X

 

*Ding Dong*

Yongsun and Byuli waited at the front door of Byuli’s house.

Yongsun could feel her heart pounding in her chest, “just breath Yongsun” she instructed herself

The door opened and a woman opened the door, “My daughter! I’ve missed you!”

Byuli ran into her open arms, “Mom! How have you been? How is everyone?”

Yongsun stood in place watching them. Byuli’s mom was a petite woman, with permed hair, and the same nose as Byuli. She noticed that Byuli’s mom had a warm smile and kind eyes.

Yongsun smiled to herself as she realized that Byuli was a spitting image of her mother.

Byuli’s mom patted her daughters head as they hugged, “everyone’s the same. Your sister is class president”

Byuli pulled away, “no way, that punk is class president?”

Byuli’s mom tapped her on the forehead, “don't call your sister that” she glanced behind Byuli, “Omo, this must be Yongsun”

Yongsun gave her a 90˚ bow, “Hello, My name is Kim Yongsun, it’s a pleasure to meet you”

She stood up straight and handed her the box of baked goods with both hands, “please accept this”

Byuli’s mom smiled warmly, “my my, my daughter really lucked out with you” She accepted the box and pulled Yongsun in for a hug. “Come inside,” she ushered them in.

Byuli and Yongsun took off her shoes, “I just need to go grab something from my room,” Byuli announced, disappearing down the hall.

Yongsun followed Byuli’s mom into the kitchen, “is there anything I can help with?” she offered

Byuli’s mom set the pastry box down onto the table, “no need, I’m all done”

Yongsun sat at the table, “thank you for preparing lunch for us. If I had known of Byuli’s plans, I would have prepared it myself.

Byuli’s mom smiled, “she had a feeling you’d prepare it by yourself if she told you.” She looked up at Yongsun as she finished packing, “consider this as a ‘thank you’ for cooking for Byuli”

Yongsun blinked, “how did you know that Byuli’s been having dinner at my house?”

Byuli’s mom let out a loud laugh, “she stopped coming home for dinner and asking me to pack her side dishes. I had a feeling she was either eating out or someone was cooking for her. It must have been hard on you Yongsun”

Yongsun shook her head hard, “not at all, I really enjoy cooking for Byuli.” She paused, “it feels rewarding seeing her eat well”

Byuli’s mom turned around, her back towards Yongsun and smiled. Young love, she liked that her daughter was finally experiencing it.

Byuli walked into the kitchen, “Alright, are you ready to go Yongsun?”

She stared at the two of them suspiciously, “you weren’t talking about anything weird or embarrassing right?”

Byuli’s mom gave a playful smile, “no, but I was about to bring it up. Would you like to hear some stories Yongsun?”

Yongsun played along, “I’d love to”

Byuli took Yongsun by the hand and grabbed the basket from the counter, “Oh shucks, looks like we won't have time”

Byuli’s mom hugged Byuli, “have dinner at home some time. You can introduce Yongsun to the rest of the family.”

Byuli gave her mom a tight hug, “I will. Thank you for packing for us”

Yongsun gave a departing bow but Byuli’s mom pulled her into a hug, “it was so nice to meet you Yongsun.”

“Thank you for staying beside Byuli,” she whispered into her ear.

Yongsun nodded. They both pulled away smiling.

Byuli pulled Yongsun down the front steps, “let’s go Yongsun”

They looked back at Byuli’s mom who was waving to them from the door.

 

X

 

Byuli and Yongsun found an empty spot overlooking the Han River and laid out a blanket.

“are you sure you’re not going to get in trouble for lying to your manager about being sick?” Yongsun asked as she sat down.

“pfft, I’m not scared,” Byuli answered with a smug look

Yongsun’s eyes widened, “isn’t that Manager Yoon right there?” she pointed behind Byuli.

Byuli whipped around, “Manager-nim this isn’t what it looks like!”

She looked around, “wait, he’s not here…” She turned to Yongsun who was laughing silently

“So much for not being

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter