Decisions, Decisions

Coffee Break
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byuli pulled the handle to the school open and headed to the locker room.

How could she be so careless to the point that she'd forget to take her house keys out of her duffle bag? 

she put in her combination and opened her locker. 

"I should probably take my uniform home," she picked up her duffle bag and slung it over her shoulder. 

"Moon Byuli?"

she turned around and found her teammate Yena behind her. 

"omg, thank God you're ok," Yena put her arms around her. 

"what are you talking about? of course, I'm ok," Byuli answered slightly confused. 

Yena let go of her, "I was just about to call you. I'm glad someone came to get you last night at the bar. If they didn't come, who knows what might have happened."

Byuli was even more confused, "wait, what happened? who came to get me last night?" 

Yena shrugged, "I don't know all the details, but everyone's talking about how Jiwoo sunbae and his friends tried to get you drunk and take advantage of you. As for the person who helped you, I heard it was a sunbae from a different program."

Byuli let the new information sink in. she wondered who the person was, she made sure to ask Yongsun about it later. 

"well, I'm glad you're alright Byuli. But please be more careful," Yena started heading towards the door, "have a good summer!"

"you too, have a good summer Yena," Byuli echoed. 

She stared at her locker for a second, "what happened last night?" 

She finally closed her locker and walked towards the coffee shop. 

 

X

 

Yongsun walked into the coffee shop with books in her arms. It felt different not seeing Byuli behind the counter, welcoming her with a wide smile. 

She set the books on a table and opened up her notebook. 

"Yongsun-ah? what are you doing here?" 

Yongsun looked up and saw Byuli standing in front of her with her duffle bag. 

"Being at home feels too suffocating, and I get more stuff done here anyways." she answered. She pointed to Byuli's bag, "did you find your key?" 

"yeah I found it," Byuli replied setting her bag down on an empty seat. 

"I'm gonna grab a coffee, do you want your usual?" she asked 

"sure, thank you," Yongsun replied concentrating back on her writing. 

A couple minutes later, Byuli came back holding two mugs. She set one down in front of Yongsun and sat across from her. 

"what are you doing here? I thought you were off today."

Byuli cooled down her coffee, "I needed to tell Manager Yoon about our trip to Daegu"

Yongsun nodded her head, "you're ok to go right?"

"yup, the manager is really easy going." Byuli glanced over at what Yongsun was doing, "What are you studying for? It's summer vacation."

Yongsun took a sip of her drink, "you said you liked doing writing prompts right? I like doing them too," she held up the book. 

"wanna finish this book together? we could share our answers when we're done."

Byuli's face lit up, "that actually sounds really fun."

Yongsun grinned and ripped a couple pages out of her notebook, handing it to Byuli. 

20 minutes went by and both girls were both busy writing down their stories. 

Yongsun stopped writing when she saw the next writing prompt. 

Describe a time you cared for someone who was sick, or someone cared for you.

Yongsun laughed as she thought about the events that happened the night before. She looked over at Byuli who was concentrating on writing.

Byuli felt her eyes on her so she looked up, "what's so funny?"

Yongsun smiled, "I just found it amusing how you couldn't even concentrate on studying for exams, but  you don't lose focus now." 

Byuli put her pen down, "that's different, studying isn't fun." She took a sip from her drink, "what question are you on?"

"Describe a time you cared for someone who was sick, or someone cared for you," Yongsun read out loud

Byuli sat up straight in her chair, "oh, that reminds me. What happened la-"

"Moon Byuli, what days did you need off again?" Manager Yoon called from the counter

Byuli groaned, "I'll be right back," she stood up and walked towards the counter. 

Yongsun tapped her pen on her notebook, chuckling over how ironic it is that she would get that writing prompt. 

She wrote down the events from last night, in her notebook and felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. It was a text message from Yeseul. 

"Yongsun-ah! can I ask for a favor?" 

"That depends, what is it?"

Yongsun waited for her reply, but she never texted back. "Huh, that's weird," she said to herself.

She saw Byuli coming back to the table, "hey, it's getting kind of late, do you wanna grab dinner and then head home?"

Yongsun nodded and started packing up, "sounds good."

 

X

 

~1 month later~

Yongsun arrived at Daegu station and looked around for Yeseul. She was supposed to arrive earlier but sh had errands to run during the day. The sun was starting to set as she looked around the station.

"Where could she be?" 

She was suddenly hugged from behind, "Yongsun-ahhhhhh!" 

She twisted around and saw Yeseul with her arms around her, "Yeseul! how have you been?"

She looked behind Yongsun, "not that I'm not happy to see you, but where's everyone else?"

Yongsun laughed, "they had a volleyball meeting so they said I should just go ahead."

"that's rough, a sports meeting in the summer?" Yeseul pointed out

Yongsun shrugged, "it can't be helped, they are part of the starting lineup"

"very true," Yeseul agreed.

Yongsun hugged Yeseul again, "why does it feel like it's been longer than a month since I've seen you?"

Yeseul laughed as she took one of Yongsun's bags, "reverse psychology my friend." 

They walked towards Yeseul's car, "so what have you been up to the past month?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter